PDA

View Full Version : OpenMedia 500cs

mentorman
17th October, 2008, 12:16 AM
Hi there everybody , i have had every type of conceivable cable box in my time and have my favourites over the years. I am particularly fond of the D box 2 because of the many images and support . I also like the big LCD display to show the time and date which lights up the room and allows you to know what time it is when you wake through the night etc . I have looked at the pictures posted about this NEW type box with dual tuner for SAT and CABLE viewing , and i am very impressed . I was just wondering if anyone could post some pics to show the box switched on and any read out of the LCD if any etc ? I have looked at the screen shots of the channels with small name icons which is a nice touch. The Silver case looks smart and i am just wondering how close in comparison to the D Box 2 for menus and the DREAMBOX for image similarities this is ? Any extensive info about this box will be much appreciated ! mentorman

Devilfish
17th October, 2008, 12:19 AM
The openmedia doesn't have an lcd display.

The images used are dreambox dm500 images. Treat is as a dreambox dm500 as that's basically what it is only with 2 x flash chips and 2 x tuners. Because there's 2 x flash chips, i.e. one for sat and one for cable, you can have 2 different images for each platform. There's a switch at the back which allows you to switch between the two (power off first).

mentorman
17th October, 2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks very much for your quick response to my post Devilfish

andrewsoundworks
6th November, 2008, 05:12 PM
hello i have the openmedia 500cs SAT and CABLE all in one is the flash for the cable side the same as the sky side i have the cable side working ok the(dk_v1.1 and keys and scce) can i use the same keys +flash for sky

thered
6th November, 2008, 05:34 PM
no m8 you wont get sky only with a card you can pick up the sky fta channels though but the keys you have will not work

mentorman
6th November, 2008, 05:34 PM
Hi Andrew , i have been told to treat this box like two seperate boxes when it comes to putting on the images . You say you have the cable side sorted with the DK v1.1 and thats great. Now , when it comes to the sat side, make sure you turn the box off each time you flick the switch at the back of the box. Then install a GOOD satellite image like NABILOSAT or PLI_JADE etc. Both images can be found in the download area . If you cannot find a BACK UP image then yes you will have to put in the keys etc like you did for the cable side . Hope this helps you , best wishes from mentorman !:vroam:

aftermath
6th November, 2008, 05:42 PM
hello i have the openmedia 500cs SAT and CABLE all in one is the flash for the cable side the same as the sky side i have the cable side working ok the(dk_v1.1 and keys and scce) can i use the same keys +flash for sky

when you say sky you mean satelitte, as you wont get any sky tv.

you can get a lot of channels using the Minicats Key bundle, or Satans Keybundle. do a google for them.

They are totaly different to cable keeys

johnboythompson
10th November, 2008, 10:53 AM
why do you need crossover cable not just nullmodem

thered
10th November, 2008, 11:16 AM
you cant send keys and things with a null modem you need a crossover cable the null modem cable is for flashing images to the box via dream up

johnboythompson
10th November, 2008, 12:31 PM
thanks for info johnboy

johnboythompson
11th November, 2008, 05:00 PM
just put dk1.1 on open media when i get to stage toput in ip address ienter 192.168.0.24 it then ask for user name /password if i only put ip it comes connection failure what i done wrong john boythompson

aftermath
11th November, 2008, 05:05 PM
username = root
password = openmedia

or password=dreambox

bigman2
11th November, 2008, 05:06 PM
username : root
psswd : dreambox

johnboythompson
11th November, 2008, 07:20 PM
did that got messag e can not connect what i done wrong johnboy

Curious123
13th November, 2008, 12:24 PM
On your pc do Start > Run > cmd > ping ip address of you box

If you get a reply back than it is a password issue if you do not get reply back than your box is not connected to the network.

madasafish
29th November, 2008, 02:03 PM
Reading the posts on here I am very interesting in buying one of the these boxes. My only condern is, it sounds like there is a hardware switch on the back which you have to use to toggle between cable and satellite as well as power down the box. If this is only for flashing the box then that would be great. I am hoping that once it is flashed with both cable and sateliite images you can switch between the 2 using the remote control. Can someone please confirm.

Many thanks,
Madasafish

The images used are dreambox dm500 images. Treat is as a dreambox dm500 as that's basically what it is only with 2 x flash chips and 2 x tuners. Because there's 2 x flash chips, i.e. one for sat and one for cable, you can have 2 different images for each platform. There's a switch at the back which allows you to switch between the two (power off first).

Barnsley Bill
30th November, 2008, 08:57 AM
HI MAD..the box as to be manually turned from cable to sat,as ya thought by flicking the switch at the back...a great peice of kit this box...wouldnt swap it for anybox out there.