PDA

View Full Version : Need home button to answer call

Mjolinor
12th February, 2010, 12:09 AM
I have an Iphone with a touchscreen problem, mostly it is OK but sometimes it doesn't work particularly likely to happen when you wake the phone so it's hard to answer incoming calls.

If I could find a way to answer with a double click on the home button I could use it and it would be fine. I currently have callcontroller installed so a shake answers the phone but how stupid do I look dancing with the phone to answer a call.

Anyone seen anything that will allow me to redefine the double click for answering. Don't mind editing files over SSH or transferring files or whatever.

showstopper
15th February, 2010, 03:55 PM
Why not buy a new digitizer off ebay?

Mjolinor
22nd February, 2010, 11:02 PM
Because the digitizer is OK, I have tried both my spares on it and tried both of them on an OK iphone.

necunoscator
22nd February, 2010, 11:10 PM
I have an Iphone with a touchscreen problem, mostly it is OK but sometimes it doesn't work particularly likely to happen when you wake the phone so it's hard to answer incoming calls.

If I could find a way to answer with a double click on the home button I could use it and it would be fine. I currently have callcontroller installed so a shake answers the phone but how stupid do I look dancing with the phone to answer a call.

Anyone seen anything that will allow me to redefine the double click for answering. Don't mind editing files over SSH or transferring files or whatever.
change the touchscreen for iph 2g is expansive 100 euro
for 3g ang 3gs low cost is 20 euro good look!

ianmac
22nd February, 2010, 11:12 PM
I have seen an App in Cydia called "Custom Homebutton", it allows you to customise you home button for other functions.

--- Ian ---

Mjolinor
23rd February, 2010, 03:36 PM
There is nothing wrong with the touchscreen hardware

ianmac
24th February, 2010, 11:53 PM
There is nothing wrong with the touchscreen hardware

Think we have got crossed lines here... lol

I thought you wanted to get the (home button) to do another function,

If so & your iphone is unlocked I have seen an App in Cydia called "Custom Homebutton", it allows you to customise your home button to do other things.

--- Ian ---

Mjolinor
27th February, 2010, 04:06 PM
Think we have got crossed lines here... lol

I thought you wanted to get the (home button) to do another function,

If so & your iphone is unlocked I have seen an App in Cydia called "Custom Homebutton", it allows you to customise your home button to do other things.

--- Ian ---

Sorry, wasn't referring to your post :).

Actually for info, I mended it and I have used the same method to mend another one. It seems that even a small amount of water will cause Iphones to exhibit this fault. If there is any white residue on the solder then no amount of scrubbing the motherboard will make it work. I put it in an ultrasonic cleaner in alcohol four times, scrubbing it with a brush each time and tried it between each one. It got slowly better and after the 4th clean it worked perfectly.

I have never seen anything so sensitive, it must be a really high impedance circuit.

ianmac
27th February, 2010, 04:13 PM
Sorry, wasn't referring to your post :).

Actually for info, I mended it and I have used the same method to mend another one. It seems that even a small amount of water will cause Iphones to exhibit this fault. If there is any white residue on the solder then no amount of scrubbing the motherboard will make it work. I put it in an ultrasonic cleaner in alcohol four times, scrubbing it with a brush each time and tried it between each one. It got slowly better and after the 4th clean it worked perfectly.

I have never seen anything so sensitive, it must be a really high impedance circuit.

Well done m8, glad you got it fixed.

Will have to remember your method for the future... lol

I do remember getting water in mine once & the speaker did not work for ages, thought mine was ~~~~ed also, just about to give up on it & get another one & it started working again.. :dontknow:

Oh well, all the best MJ

--- Ian ---

:ciao: