PDA

View Full Version : New Games Review and Impressions ?

Raven
17th October, 2008, 01:18 AM
So the recent speight of new games becoming available so far PES 2009, Dead Space, Fallout 3 and Fable 2 etc.....who has had a go of these and what's your impressions ?

I had a go on Far Cry 2 earlier and it's quite good....unfortunately the only thing that dampens it a little bit for me, which isn't Far Cry 2's fault, is that I own Crysis which is almost literally on another planet....and Far Cry 2 plays identically as it's the same type game. It is a good game though FC2 and I was particularly impressed with the vehicle handling in the game as usually in FPS games vehicle handles like poo on a stick but in this game I found I had full control which made a refreshing change.

PES 2009 I have to be honest I really didn't like it at first, in fact I borderline hated it....but....I've since got the full game on my PC and done abit of editing, I think I am finally getting the hang of the shooting system and maybe it's growing on me now that I can actually start to play it properly. Still not sure it's better than Fifa 09 yet though as that game on 360 is superb.

So that leaves Dead Space, Fallout and Fable that I haven't played yet....has anyone played these ? If so what's your impressions ?

That Fable 2 looks like a good game that could well be revolutionary. But hey it is Peter Molyneux we are talking about here that guy is if nothing else one seriously creative fella - and he gets extra points for being English lol.

not2bad
22nd October, 2008, 04:29 PM
Firstly i would say after having played FIFA 09 - which by the way is excellent, i had aniticpated PES 2009 to be nearly as good. IMHO it is no where near as good. Shooting is poor as is through balls which are played far too far in front of the player (FIFA has a variable through ball pass).

Saints row 2 is like GTA 4 in that driving of vehicles is quite wrong and very slow. The killing of people is also very similar to GTA 4. But having said that if you liked GTA 4 then i'm sure youll love it.

Tiger woods 09 is has for me at least regained its previous best. By far better than 08 it has improved gameplay and graphics.