PDA

View Full Version : Splitting advice needed...

uczmeg
17th October, 2008, 11:10 AM
I have a mate who wants to take his cable feed into the loft and then split it out to the rooms.

Can any one offer any advice on this? Is it a good idea? What kind of splitter would be suitable to do the job?

Thanks.

kirit
17th October, 2008, 11:21 AM
erm how many rooms, need 1 connection free on the splitter for the router, so maybe a 4 or 5 way cable splitter- you may need a konig or catv booster if you get crap signal- everything is available on ebay

kirit
17th October, 2008, 11:24 AM
i want to do this as well but i wont go in the loft- scared of the dark and the spiders- why not go around the house and tack the wire to the outside of the house- surely a lot easier- unless the loft is ok

thered
17th October, 2008, 11:29 AM
I have a mate who wants to take his cable feed into the loft and then split it out to the rooms.

Can any one offer any advice on this? Is it a good idea? What kind of splitter would be suitable to do the job?

Thanks.

one thing to remember the more you split the cable the weaker it gets you may need a few boosters depending on how many rooms you have but you wont know unless you try

uczmeg
17th October, 2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks guys.

Any advice (links) on what is a good booster?

intoxica
17th October, 2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys.

Any advice (links) on what is a good booster?

The Konig 'yellow brick' all the way - about ?25 delivered from ebay or usual sites but well worth the extra over cheaper ones