View Full Version : EDC16U1 1.9 tdi pd - egr off, n75 remaping?

davorsule
15th December, 2021, 05:10 PM
Some tuners are doing n75 map adjusting after egr off and removal, to open more vanes on turbocharger to make more output for exhaust gas after blocking egr inlet (better exhaust pressure discharge through turbo vanes).
Is this neccessary and how to do that because changing n75 means just changing variable parameter which depend from other parameters to me unknown?
I tried to change n75 by decreasing values for 6-15% in area where egr was active, but after data logging I see that requested n75 duty cycle in the map is very often larger for about 6-10%.
Which correction maps are for this n75 regulator?
Am I doing something wrong?

Johnsy1998
15th December, 2021, 05:46 PM
Do not need too play with N75 unless you have bigger turbo or get spikes.

Johnsy1998
15th December, 2021, 05:47 PM
If need good tune post ori.

davorsule
15th December, 2021, 07:18 PM

Thank you, I tuned this engine....

davorsule
15th December, 2021, 07:56 PM

do you know how to make eco tuning for lower fuel consumption?

Johnsy1998
16th December, 2021, 10:14 AM
I think it's done by playing around with SOI, not a good idea if you don't know what you're doing though :/

davorsule
16th December, 2021, 03:25 PM
I think it's done by playing around with SOI, not a good idea if you don't know what you're doing though :/

Yeah, on diesel engine retarding soi can make more power and lower consumption, but depends from duration of injection and EOI limits because bigger emissions and egt can be achieved with this procedure. And ofcourse you must know what are you doing there, it's not play . :)
But I think lower consumption can be done by lowering smoke limit map by maf or map, but not sure, and also look at afr ratio.