PDA

View Full Version : VW Passat B6 yr 2008 - Steering lock / BCM failure

psam
21st December, 2021, 08:44 PM
Hi,

I've this VW Passat B6 yr 2008 that steering lock stopped working and the towing service destroyed the lock to tow the car...

I've tried to adapt a new lock without sucess... I can enter PIN (I read BCM eprom) after the 10 minutes wait time but won't allow me to make any adaptation....
I'm thinking that I can have a problem with the BCM...

Also, after hours and hours of tests and forum readings I think it's possible to make immo off on the BCM, but I din't found how...
I've already done that on ECU, but since I've nothing on the cluster (it's completelly off) didn't help much...

If someone can give me a hand on this, it would be great!!!
Please find attached reading of the BCM eprom.

Thank you so much in advance.
BR,
PM.

H2Deetoo
22nd December, 2021, 06:08 PM
This is a difficult situation, let me explain:

The CCM (not BCM) needs data from the steeringlock (ELV) to decodes its eeprom. So without a working and matched ELV connected to the CCM you cannot do anything with.
That's the reason you cannot adapt new ELV at this time.

I know of 2 solutions for this situation:
1. Use the original broken ELV and connect it to the CCM. As long as the ELV can still communicate with the CCM then the CCM will decode its eeprom and it will work as normal. Then you can use PIN method to adapt new ELV.

2. Use an ELV emulator, which will emulate the original matched ELV and the CCM will decode its eeprom and start to work as normal.
Some people have such ELV emulator. Its not available for public.

Rgs H2Deetoo