PDA

View Full Version : HT3 Ford add-on 2021 Halkyard Tech users experience help advice page

norman1967
22nd December, 2021, 09:21 PM
Hello All

I am starting this thread as I would like to hear feedback from you all whom own the latest HT3 with the new add on for the newer Fiesta,Focus,Kuga,Connect van keys.

I own the HT3 and the latest add on....HT3

What are your experiences thus far with the tool

can you say model year bladed or keyless and results..

I will kick it off

2014 Bladed Galaxy fail. error code 380 Tried as a Mondeo as there based on same vehicle the sw hanged after half reading the bcm, used Abrites in the end coded the key is seconds.

2014 Fiesta bladed success

2014 Transit custom bladed success

2020 Transit connect Keyless, coded spare key success however left bcm damaged and had to go into main dealer for a replacement BCM vehicles battery would discharge completely overnight.

Looking forward to hearing your guys experiences

Happy Christmas856140 all

super jumbe
22nd December, 2021, 11:39 PM
Glade some one started this thread, 2014 Bladed Galaxy fail, I thought any software from Chris will be 100% perfect, need to hear from Halkyard Tech and the worse you said transit bcm damaged after programming key makes me think should I be using this tool now?.

godfathertwo
23rd December, 2021, 02:43 AM
Did you use a battery support before adding key or was it all key lost this is the problem with new software is never tested 100 percent and now the locksmith will pay the price
This a common with all locksmith tools how much did you cost at the end and did you contact Chris regarding this.

norman1967
23rd December, 2021, 10:02 AM
Did you use a battery support before adding key or was it all key lost this is the problem with new software is never tested 100 percent and now the locksmith will pay the price
This a common with all locksmith tools how much did you cost at the end and did you contact Chris regarding this.

Good morning, Yes its a major disappointment to me as the HT3 add on element of the software was the only reason I was attracted to the software in the first place. I did not use battery support as this was not a AKL situation and the vehicle's are very new with new battery's.

The price I have paid... well apart from the original £850 ish for the software outlay I have lost two very good customer's in the long term and of course the profit from the two jobs, Two jobs! Yes well to be honest there was a second vehicle a 2020 kuga (of course as you will know all kugas are Keyless) I successfully programmed a spare key to using HT3 add on which also developed the exact same fault as the connect van, battery drain within an overnight period.

Yes I have taken this all up with Chris and provided him a report from a Ford main dealer with regards to the repairs carried out to the connect van (A replacement BCM was required warranty thankfully! saved me from a hefty bill) It was pinpointed the bcm was the cause of the battery drain I did ask Chris for a refund as I am not satisfied with the performance of the software, Unfortunately Chris is unable to offer me my refund. He states nobody else has experienced or reported these issues to him therefore does not accept at this time there is any issue with the software.

With all this said i am still hopeful we can get this page up and running with peoples success and fails and hopefully if anybody else has had similar experience's we can get a satisfactory resolve, I know Chris has a very good reputation as I did researched him on the forums before I made my purchase and like super jumbe mentioned we would and should expect any release from him to be 100% perfect.

Fingers crossed once its accepted there is an issue hopefully a fix can be applied. Until then well I don't have big enough balls to try on anything HT3 and the tool has becomes a ornament to me.

(p.s I have not yet mentioned the Galaxy fail to Chris)

rapidlocksmiths
23rd December, 2021, 12:28 PM
A friend of mine used HT3 add on software to HT3 to do a spare key on a galaxy 2017 model , took 5 or 6 attempts to read data but did it and coded new style prox key in fine .

ive done plenty of fords with truecode/halkyard kit and apart from the odd fail no issues to date.

Norman1967

you say in post that you have HT2 and HT3 software , HT2 is fiat ? did you mean HT3 and the latest HT3 add on software or just HT3 without the latest add on ? or are you using the HT compatible trusecode software F5 etc ?

ive had success with HT3 cable on ;

bladed keys : focus and cmax 14 , 15 and 16 , fiesta 14 , 15 , 16 and 17 , mondeo 2012 , 14 , 16 , transit custom 14 ,15 ,16 ,17 , connect models up to 2015 so far , transit up to 2017 so far , bmax .

keyless models: kuga most years up to 2017 , mondeo up to 2017 , focus and cmax up to 2017 models

ive also used truecode F5 and F7 licences on alot of above years .

i have not used it on keyless connect or latest kuga yet nor on a galaxy .

your issues are a concern , but i havnt had such issues myself yet and havnt read any others with these issues , so following this with interest .

norman1967
23rd December, 2021, 12:40 PM
Correct HT3 with the add on, under one roof, i have never owned a truecode device

Thanks for pointing that out i had a blonde moment.

rapidlocksmiths what do you mean by the odd fail no issues are you referring to where your mentioned the 5 or 6 attempt's your friend had before it coded the new style proxy?

rapidlocksmiths
23rd December, 2021, 01:02 PM
hi

using old truecode f5 software ive had some fails getting correct incode on some focus , cmax and mondeo bladed in past around 2014 years , touch wood to date ive had no fails on these with the HT3 software .

HT3 hasnt failed me as yet on what ive tried it on , but ive not used it on a galaxy on your year or the add on software on a new style kuga prox or connect prox as yet , i had a 2020 kuga prox last week but used smart pro on it with no issues. thus why following this with interest.

my friend had the latest galaxy prox using the latest ht3 add on software , which didnt fail but did take 5 to 6 attempts to read the bcm , he has also done a a 2018 focus with it that had no issues , neither caused this bcm issue you have experienced , both were spares , but he did use battery support on both.

with these later ford especially prox keys i would always advise battery support regardless of spare or akl . when i did the 2020 kuga with sp i had to disconnect battery for initial read to get access then battery support once reconnected , but SP makes no changes to system so no patch files , but battery support is always advised on these regardless how new the battery is , any dip in voltage can cause issues .

im not saying that not using battery support caused this , but it is possible and would be interesting to know if outcome was different if battery support was used which is possible.

godfathertwo
23rd December, 2021, 06:31 PM
I am afraid on this as rapid and I said you cannot program latest Ford vehicles without battery support this might have been your problem a dip in battery might have caused this unfortunately I do not have the latest halkyard as I have all the latest truecode Ford modules thank you.

norman1967
24th December, 2021, 09:57 AM
I am afraid on this as rapid and I said you cannot program latest Ford vehicles without battery support this might have been your problem a dip in battery might have caused this unfortunately I do not have the latest halkyard as I have all the latest truecode Ford modules thank you.

Hello all thanks for all the reply's its appreciated

Chris never mentioned requiring battery support or best practice in any of the emails we exchanged before the coding of the cars or afterwards We spoke about the jobs prior to taking place as I wanted to be sure the software could do the job before I purchased.

The software does not prompt the user to use battery support, or any of the demo you tube videos that are posted showing the software in action mention the same however the software does suggest/require you ensure the battery on your laptop and the vehicle are fully charged which I did. Perhaps it would have made a difference in my case I will never know. I actually carry a Gysflash 100-12 hf onboard my vehicle as I do use support for writing certain ecu's, And of course any coding of bcms on PSA stuff so if it is a requirement would not have been a problem if It was made aware to the end user.

I be honest I have programmed hundreds of keys and battery support never come into my mind for keys, perhaps this was my failing after all and lets hope someone else who has first hand experience with HT3 and has coded keys to the type of vehicles I have experienced issues with could try as I cannot be brave enough to try again far to stressful.

I would and in hindsight should have gone with my gut and wrote the original flash back into the bcms to see if the issue of the drain could be resolved without replacing the bcm, Chris assured me via email it would make no difference whatsoever and provided some of the coding information and method that is applied to the flash area of the bcm, he asked me not to share the details he provided me with anybody else so and it goes without saying I will not be doing so. However in hindsight before the connect went back to fords I should have tried and perhaps I would have found out once and for all.

Well time will tell and hopefully the thread will be useful to others and we will carry on with the feedback of success and fails.

Later today I have a 2014 keyless Mondeo for a spare key so will try HT3 just for the sake of it and report the findings.

rapid you say you used smart pro to make a 2020 Kuga spare key, I will look into this tool, I believe its token based? I am assuming but could be wrong its online to the ford FRDS system?

godfathertwo you say you don't own HT3 but have the truecode system does this have the support for the latest's 2020 models? I don't think it has? please advise.

godfathertwo
24th December, 2021, 11:48 AM
No do not have latest ht3 but own zedfull plus all truecode Ford modules
But last 18 months business almost
Dead so will not spend anymore money till it will pick up hopefully when this covid finish for good.

rapidlocksmiths
24th December, 2021, 11:49 AM
smart pro is token based , unless you buy the ford softwares outright in which case they are token free , the new kuga uses 2 tokens if you dont own the software . nothing beats advanced diagnostics on later ford models
https://www.silca.biz/resource/blob/1093762/22773d8802478a4e84433fed0396c771/dwn-sw-update-ads2269-ford-kuga-silca-en-data.pdf

the software prompts you to disconnect battery whilst it gains access then prompts you to reconnect battery , it then reads bcm and then prompts to code the keys in , it makes no changes to bcm firmware at all, an internet connection is required.

i dont think many testers or software prompts you to add battery support , its just good practice . ive found battery support necessary on later transit models and on systems with keyless , for me its habit now , i tend to use battery support on most jobs , its become a habit and process i follow now, i was advised to use battery support on later fords and it stuck. i dont know many programmers that prompt you to use battery support on bmw and on newer vivaro and traffic , but we do as we know it to be good practice.

those i know that have used the new ht3 add on have all used battery support on the vehicles , and your the first ive read with such problems so far , i cant say battery support would have lead to a different outcome , but remains a possibility , i suspect we will know in time.

No truecode doesnt do the latest 2020 models , but does do all earlier models , HT3 has some cross over coverage with truecode f4 and f5 licence but only HT3 does the 2020 models.

on your 2014 mondeo it depends if last of the old or first of new keyless key system , id47 or id63 , the good news ive done both with HT3 and with truecode as both cover this one . ive done plenty of mondeo , kuga , focus and cmax with the software without issue , although maybe not necessary but i use battery support as habit.

i do know that chris has alot of customers and alot are using the HT3 add on , i suspect if an issue we would have read about it on the many forums and groups flooding the net , but this is the first issue ive read about on dead bcm , so im hoping not an intermittent issue and just a voltage dip caused this, so following with interest

Hugh91
29th December, 2021, 04:42 AM
Hi,

With your battery drain was one of the symptoms that the keyless remote would not operate?

I am looking at a car which had akl and had new keys programmed.

First was Xhorse remote but the keys would work intermittently for prox entry and prox start and did require opening with the blade and then remote be put into the slot to start the car. After being driven it would be ok for a while but overnight would do the same thing.

I programmed genuine keys to this vehicle and a week later it is now behaving the same.

I’m just trying to work out if the issue could be the BCM drain similar to your experience

Thanks

godfathertwo
29th December, 2021, 06:32 PM
If this is the case eighter the bcm are too weak and fail after key programming or people programming these are not using battery support failing that if the programming tool is a risk of damaging bcm very unusual we better watch can you tell us what vehicle you are working and what tools used in key programming.

norman1967
29th December, 2021, 06:55 PM
No this issue seen by myself is a complete drain of the vehicles battery RC works fine once key is programmed, RC only fails to work once the vehicle battery is flat (within 48 hours) and then emergency blade is used to open the door and pop bonnet jump start vehicle, ect. once vehicle battery is charged RC is working again.

An update I will provide in a few days as I have today looked at a 2020 Focus bladed vehicle and once patched the bcm using HT3 I had the dreaded fault code in the BCM with a TPMS fault on the speedo, neither were there prior.

+++++ Battery support WAS USED ++++++

Tomorrow I am going to dismantle the bcm write the original file back to the bcm on the bench and see IF the dtc and the TPMS waning lamp go.

(If anybody has a clear imaged wire up available for this bcm it will save me some time) I have genuine UPA i think carprog genuine may have image's for a wire up i don't have this tool so if anybody has please dm me or post up here,

cheers

Hi,

With your battery drain was one of the symptoms that the keyless remote would not operate?

I am looking at a car which had akl and had new keys programmed.

First was Xhorse remote but the keys would work intermittently for prox entry and prox start and did require opening with the blade and then remote be put into the slot to start the car. After being driven it would be ok for a while but overnight would do the same thing.

I programmed genuine keys to this vehicle and a week later it is now behaving the same.

I’m just trying to work out if the issue could be the BCM drain similar to your experience

Thanks

Hugh91
29th December, 2021, 10:05 PM
If this is the case eighter the bcm are too weak and fail after key programming or people programming these are not using battery support failing that if the programming tool is a risk of damaging bcm very unusual we better watch can you tell us what vehicle you are working and what tools used in key programming.

Hi,

Vehicle is a 2015 Ford Mustang FM

It was akl and from what I’ve been told was programmed with HT3 which took a while to complete programming and Xhorse remote was used.

The issue was reported to me that car would completely stop responding to remotes and proximity both inside and outside vehicle.

I went to the car used truecode to clear remotes and code in two genuine remotes TC program new keys instantly without any wait.

This appeared to have solved the issue because everything was working perfectly but the issue returned however.

I’m not sure if the car store any kind of faults as I did not check as only assumed fault was due to Xhorse remote functionally.

Just to be clear I’m not trying to place any blame on HT3 for this issue for all I know it could have been a pre existing issue on the vehicle before anyone had touched it. Just I have never come across this particular issue on ford system previously and am thinking it is BCM related.

Hugh91
29th December, 2021, 10:08 PM
No this issue seen by myself is a complete drain of the vehicles battery RC works fine once key is programmed, RC only fails to work once the vehicle battery is flat (within 48 hours) and then emergency blade is used to open the door and pop bonnet jump start vehicle, ect. once vehicle battery is charged RC is working again.

An update I will provide in a few days as I have today looked at a 2020 Focus bladed vehicle and once patched the bcm using HT3 I had the dreaded fault code in the BCM with a TPMS fault on the speedo, neither were there prior.

+++++ Battery support WAS USED ++++++

Tomorrow I am going to dismantle the bcm write the original file back to the bcm on the bench and see IF the dtc and the TPMS waning lamp go.

(If anybody has a clear imaged wire up available for this bcm it will save me some time) I have genuine UPA i think carprog genuine may have image's for a wire up i don't have this tool so if anybody has please dm me or post up here,

cheers

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

That does not sound great about your Focus. Can you tell us the fault which is stored exactly? May be something we need to look out for when working on these vehicles before doing a spare etc.

Your issue does sound different to what I am looking at as this vehicle is not completely flat battery only remote/prox functions are failing until key is placed in cup holder slot then goes back to normal for some
time.

godfathertwo
29th December, 2021, 10:32 PM
I would clear faults with
Forscan as is very good on ford
Or launch if you have it.

Hugh91
29th December, 2021, 10:37 PM
I have Forscan/IM608/AVDI.

Will go read faults and see if vehicle reports anything and clear.

Interesting case but I’m not sure if clearing faults will be enough. I found some posts in Ford Mustang forums with a similar issue but wasn’t the entire system was either the handle prox didn’t work or the proximity inside vehicle non responsive and fix was a new BCM.

rapidlocksmiths
30th December, 2021, 11:29 PM
for Norman1967 post on his connect , ford saved the day by fitting a new bcm under warranty , which is unusually generous of a main dealership .

normally a main dealer will blame the key supplier if done outside of dealership and many will claim that doing this invalidates the warranty and wash hands of it or get a good earner at a locksmiths expense.

i may be too sceptical , but this isnt normal dealer behaviour , so leads to the question is there a known bcm issue within ford , a bad batch that they are quietly dealing with .

possibly way off the mark , but just isnt normal dealer behaviour so either this was a really good dealership or just maybe theres a known issue.

id prefer it to be a bug in HT3 , as a bug can be fixed and means other solutions wont be affected , if a bcm issue on a batch its a concern with all tools.

both issues sound different though both involve the bcm so certainly a link .

norman1967
31st December, 2021, 10:03 AM
for Norman1967 post on his connect , ford saved the day by fitting a new bcm under warranty , which is unusually generous of a main dealership .

normally a main dealer will blame the key supplier if done outside of dealership and many will claim that doing this invalidates the warranty and wash hands of it or get a good earner at a locksmiths expense.

i may be too sceptical , but this isnt normal dealer behaviour , so leads to the question is there a known bcm issue within ford , a bad batch that they are quietly dealing with .

possibly way off the mark , but just isnt normal dealer behaviour so either this was a really good dealership or just maybe theres a known issue.

id prefer it to be a bug in HT3 , as a bug can be fixed and means other solutions wont be affected , if a bcm issue on a batch its a concern with all tools.

both issues sound different though both involve the bcm so certainly a link .

Sure was fortunate, as the customer played the innocent and held his mouth shut they never asked he never spoke.

The pinout I was provided for read the mcu directly on the bench I cannot get to read, Has anybody else got a working wire up using upa or smok jtag they can forward to me?

I have this morning asked Chris if he has any further advice on baud rate settings anything really as I just cannot get upa to read at the moment.

I keep getting low error on P3

Help out if you can lads857651

its a R7F7010533 RH850 176 PIN mcu, I have contacted the developer of I/O terminal and unfortunately at this time he does not have either

lion0304
27th January, 2022, 09:05 AM
Does someone know if Chris is still avaible there? I need re-activate my Trucode urgency but write him 2 days ago and still not get reply.

Thanks

scotlock
27th January, 2022, 10:26 AM
Yes he is, Did you send to correct email address ?

lion0304
27th January, 2022, 11:03 AM
Yes he is, Did you send to correct email address ?

Yes, i sent from the last email received: activate@keyprogrammers.com

rapidlocksmiths
27th January, 2022, 11:44 AM
lion0304

that is not the correct email address , chris did send out an email about this and theres also a thread on this forum too , the keyprogrammers site and emails no longer work or exist , you need to send your activation codes to

activate@halkyardtech.com

he did send out an email to all customers on his database with this email and ive posted it in a number of threads on a number of forums including on here

send email and activation codes to this email and chris will send activation code back

rapidlocksmiths
27th January, 2022, 11:50 AM
this was the email he sent out on 8th of january last year to everyone on his mailing list

New Contact Information!TrueCode Activations

IMPORTANT: Update your address book!

With immediate effect, the only email contact for TrueCode software reactivation requests or support that can be received by myself is the following:

If you have recently sent a request, and received no reply, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and resend your request to the new email address.

I NO LONGER RECEIVE EMAIL SENT TO ANY OTHER CONTACT ADDRESS

lion0304
27th January, 2022, 03:12 PM
lion0304

that is not the correct email address , chris did send out an email about this and theres also a thread on this forum too , the keyprogrammers site and emails no longer work or exist , you need to send your activation codes to

he did send out an email to all customers on his database with this email and ive posted it in a number of threads on a number of forums including on here

send email and activation codes to this email and chris will send activation code back

Thank you Martin, i'll write him tomorrow.

Evernemi
2nd February, 2022, 11:20 PM
Hi,

Just had a similar issue with a ford fiesta 2020. After key programming it left an error for tpms malfunction and a control module errror u3000 code .
Did you got anywhere with this ?

I have asked Chris and he said that never had this issue and ford know that is a common issue with the tpms sensor and they change these bcms under warranty.

norman1967
4th February, 2022, 12:37 AM
Hi,

Just had a similar issue with a ford fiesta 2020. After key programming it left an error for tpms malfunction and a control module errror u3000 code .
Did you got anywhere with this ?

I have asked Chris and he said that never had this issue and ford know that is a common issue with the tpms sensor and they change these bcms under warranty.

Hello Evernemi,

I can confirm you have the exact same issue as i did on now all 3 vehicles i have used this tool with, U3000 will cause your customers battery to go flat, I will attach screenshot of the 2020 focus i did for testing only and you will see the u3000:49-c8 code, I have still not had a reply from Chris from my email dated 31.12.21 requesting help with jtag pinout, But fortunately since then I have a working wire up from smok and i used there jtag tool to read and write the bcm for recovery testing, I am able to share the pin out if anyone else needs, However i can confirm writing back the original OBD flash backup HT3 saves for you automatically makes no difference as soon as u3000:49-c8 is stored the damage is done!!

You will see flat battery after 24 to 72 hours of car sitting not being used over the weekend for example and tmps light in some cases and as you said in yours, I don't agree there is any common issue known from fords with this bcm, the issue only happens once the HT3 software patches the flash, I have experienced this 3 times now and all 3 times i have had the same results bar the 2020 focus which also had the tmps damaged so i do believe i am entitled to state the above and i am being fair, I own the software and i have even tested the software more thoroughly than some and have gone so far as to write back original flash to the bcm and carry out testing and try to find a way to recover the bcm. my experiences below

1 2020 connect van u3000 flat battery proxy key
2 2020 Kuga u3000 flat battery proxy key
3 2020 focus u3000 TMPS error Bladed key

Its not true that ford replace under warranty as TMPS is a known issue, the truth is in my case my connect customer returned the van to fords and never mentioned anything about a 3rd party key software being used and was lucky enough to get away with a warranty claim.

I have ford paperwork relating to this issue and forwarded that on to Chris back in December 2021, (i have added the paperwork to the post minus the customers personals details) and told him i was unhappy with the software and requested a refund, I was and still i am disappointed as Chris is unable and unwilling to accept his SW is at fault and offer me a refund.

This software in my opinion is not fit for the purpose as it was sold to me for. I have a £850 ish investment in this tool i will not use

My advice to you is.. Speak with your customer be honest and ask them if they will ask ford to look at the vehicle and not to tell them they have had you make a spare key or AKL as ford will not repair the car under warranty if they find out aftermarket software has damaged the bcm I am led to believe this would be the case after another dk member mentioned this and agree with that fully.

And i note this is a difficult ask of your customer to do this for you as it is a massive pain in the backside to them, its a nightmare situation. I have decided to add my paperwork from my customers warranty claim as it may help you convince your customer if required.

I am attaching images and flash files from the bcm u3000 bricked with HT3 and yes WITH BATTERY SUPPORT and tried and failed to recover using the obd backup files.

FLASH files contain, ht3 original back up, ht3 bench read flash after wrote with ht3 obd, dataflash after using ht3 to add 1 key 3 keys now stored.

norman1967
4th February, 2022, 01:01 AM
error post admin please delete

sorry guys the images are too small to read so there in a rar file in the post below

super jumbe
4th February, 2022, 09:09 AM
I have also bought HT3 software and so far only used on ford up to 2016 but after reading the BSI horror stories on new models I don’t think I will not be tempted to use this software on ford 2018 onwards I will wait and see if there has been an updates fixed, I wish Chris should look into and solve any bugs causing other issues, I always talk to Chris whenever I saw him in EXPO and he is a gentleman always helped with technical issues as I would also add this sort of issues can also course if you have week car battery.

norman1967
4th February, 2022, 09:26 AM
I have also bought HT3 software and so far only used on ford up to 2016 but after reading the BSI horror stories on new models I don’t think I will not be tempted to use this software on ford 2018 onwards I will wait and see if there has been an updates fixed, I wish Chris should look into and solve any bugs causing other issues, I always talk to Chris whenever I saw him in EXPO and he is a gentleman always helped with technical issues as I would also add this sort of issues can also course if you have week car battery.

You are wise to avoid the use of the software until this issue is fixed by the developer. i already own and have tools to make keys pre 2018 so for me it is a complete waste of money as i only bought it for the 2018 up models and the aggravation its caused for me and my customers is off the scale and of course like you i cannot allow myself to use the software now.

I also found Chris a gentlemen also prior to me buying his Halkyard HT3 software and there were many polite emails exchanged prior to things going wrong. Last email was being around nobody else has mentioned any of these issues I have experienced to him apart from one customer who had reported a TPMS fault after a key learn, however Chris pointed this towards a mileage correction! He did state he would contact me if he hears differently as in somebody else reports issues, I have yet to hear anything and he is unwilling to allow me to return the goods and receive a refund despite as far as i am concerned he has sold me goods that are not fit for purpose.

Evernemi
4th February, 2022, 05:13 PM
Hello Evernemi,

I can confirm you have the exact same issue as i did on now all 3 vehicles i have used this tool with, U3000 will cause your customers battery to go flat, I will attach screenshot of the 2020 focus i did for testing only and you will see the u3000:49-c8 code, I have still not had a reply from Chris from my email dated 31.12.21 requesting help with jtag pinout, But fortunately since then I have a working wire up from smok and i used there jtag tool to read and write the bcm for recovery testing, I am able to share the pin out if anyone else needs, However i can confirm writing back the original OBD flash backup HT3 saves for you automatically makes no difference as soon as u3000:49-c8 is stored the damage is done!!

You will see flat battery after 24 to 72 hours of car sitting not being used over the weekend for example and tmps light in some cases and as you said in yours, I don't agree there is any common issue known from fords with this bcm, the issue only happens once the HT3 software patches the flash, I have experienced this 3 times now and all 3 times i have had the same results bar the 2020 focus which also had the tmps damaged so i do believe i am entitled to state the above and i am being fair, I own the software and i have even tested the software more thoroughly than some and have gone so far as to write back original flash to the bcm and carry out testing and try to find a way to recover the bcm. my experiences below

1 2020 connect van u3000 flat battery proxy key
2 2020 Kuga u3000 flat battery proxy key
3 2020 focus u3000 TMPS error Bladed key

Its not true that ford replace under warranty as TMPS is a known issue, the truth is in my case my connect customer returned the van to fords and never mentioned anything about a 3rd party key software being used and was lucky enough to get away with a warranty claim.

I have ford paperwork relating to this issue and forwarded that on to Chris back in December 2021, (i have added the paperwork to the post minus the customers personals details) and told him i was unhappy with the software and requested a refund, I was and still i am disappointed as Chris is unable and unwilling to accept his SW is at fault and offer me a refund.

This software in my opinion is not fit for the purpose as it was sold to me for. I have a £850 ish investment in this tool i will not use

My advice to you is.. Speak with your customer be honest and ask them if they will ask ford to look at the vehicle and not to tell them they have had you make a spare key or AKL as ford will not repair the car under warranty if they find out aftermarket software has damaged the bcm I am led to believe this would be the case after another dk member mentioned this and agree with that fully.

And i note this is a difficult ask of your customer to do this for you as it is a massive pain in the backside to them, its a nightmare situation. I have decided to add my paperwork from my customers warranty claim as it may help you convince your customer if required.

I am attaching images and flash files from the bcm u3000 bricked with HT3 and yes WITH BATTERY SUPPORT and tried and failed to recover using the obd backup files.

FLASH files contain, ht3 original back up, ht3 bench read flash after wrote with ht3 obd, dataflash after using ht3 to add 1 key 3 keys now stored.

Hi and thanks for your reply. Did yhe focus with the tmps error had a flat battery aswell. I will try first to direct the customer to ford and see if they can resolve the issue . When i initially looked at the video that Chris has posted on youtube doing an akl i did see the tmps sensor flashing aswell..

bioggy
4th February, 2022, 08:46 PM
Someone funnily enough posted the same issue on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/xhorse/permalink/897373237620652/

I don’t use the tool or own it for the record but thought this may help you out a little.

rapidlocksmiths
5th February, 2022, 05:01 PM
ive dealt with chris for many years and have never had an issue with him or his kit , but to date ive not used the HT3 add on software yet which may be lucky on my part , i tend to use AD smart pro on later ford as doesnt make changes or add patch files , looks like il be using SP in future too on these until i know if a software issue or until found and fixed if there is an issue .

i can understand chris saying he unaware of any issues if no one has reported them to him , as he will only know for sure if reported , if not reported he will assume all is well .

i know alot have bought the Add on For HT3 , with the sheer number of people that have bought this add on to HT3 if a bug with the software id expect to see issues being posted all over the forums and groups and would expect alot to be contacting chris for support or to report this , i can only assume that they either havnt used the add on software yet on the later models and have these to come or its not an issue on all so intermittant or certain variants , as id expect to see alot more instances online on the many forums and groups if a problem on all.
or maybe plenty of cars that are used daily and never sit for 12 hours to go flat that havnt been noticed yet so maybe some yet to come to light. just because these are the first reports doesnt mean theres not more to come there could be alot more comming if a bug or glitch, time will tell.

If i was chris i would be testing this and making sure on as many models as i could , though im sure he will be or hope this is the case , hes not the sort to hide head in sand and release anything with issues, he will have tested coverage on live vehicles, but if its wrong chris will fix it as one of few straight and honest suppliers ive used .

for now ive read enough to hang back using it and continue with smart pro until we know for sure , as smart pro is my go to on late ford and looks like it will continue as this for now.

godfathertwo
16th May, 2022, 07:39 PM
Has anybody contacted Chris last week emailed 3 days ago to reactivate truecode ford module and no answer yet he is usally quite quick answering emails .

rapidlocksmiths
16th May, 2022, 10:54 PM
did you email the halkyard email as he doesnt have access to the truecode email any longer

godfathertwo
17th May, 2022, 02:11 AM
Yes I did thank you .

norman1967
17th May, 2022, 03:58 PM
Cheers for the heads up so seems others have had the same shitty results i had. (00 quid down the drain, no updates no bug fixs, shite.

Someone funnily enough posted the same issue on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/xhorse/permalink/897373237620652/

I don’t use the tool or own it for the record but thought this may help you out a little.

I asked Chris for a refund he refused as nobody else had reported this, now we can see others have had the issue and he (Chris) apparently offered to stand the cost of a bcm if the fault happened again perhaps i should ask him again to refund me as my tool is a brick to me.

westwoody
25th July, 2022, 04:28 PM
i have a problem with a 2019 focus spare key using ht3, battery going flat in 2 days and tpms warning flashing which could not be reset

fault code shows internal fault bcm

replaced bcm and programmed with gen ford software, evrything ok, tpms warning light gone but now the interior light is flashing

reprogramme old bcm and interior light is ok but tpms light flashing

no faults recorded

would anybody have any idea why that could be

regards

godfathertwo
25th July, 2022, 09:15 PM
So is this not been fixed
Yet from chris
I personally do not have the ht3 but will not buy as these issues have not been fixed yet very unusal from chris i hope he will update the software to fix these bcm and battery issues .

rapidlocksmiths
25th July, 2022, 10:45 PM
i have read elsewhere the same issue happening with another tool as well , this could of course be just a tool/software issue , as the majority of these issues ive read are here regarding HT3 add on , but its also happened with another tool as well recently .

another theory is that its an intermittent issue with ford bcm units , fords reaction to replace bcm if under warranty with no attempt to fix suggests this may be the case , as they change nothing unless feel they must , so do they know something we dont ? are we going to see alot more of these with a variety of tools ?

its hard to say , theres obviously an issue and most we read are ht3 here , though with another tool recently doing this , is their more to it.

alot of people use ht3 add on , so id expect to have read more , but having only read to date 1 other tool doing this leaves more questions than answers as to whether exclusively an ht3 issue .

this job seems to throw new risks and issues all the time , i hope a definitive answer is found soon , or many will be adding later fords to their too risky list

godfathertwo
26th July, 2022, 01:15 AM
What other tool have problem with ford bcm and battery going flat.

rapidlocksmiths
26th July, 2022, 09:33 AM
the one i read of was to a new fiesta and SP was used. which is the first issue ive read with SP on a later ford .

i wondered if someone else had been to the vehicle before him and caused the issue , but there was no tpms fault when he got their and existing key was working fine with no tpms issue. after attempting to add new key tpms fault and u3000 dtc .

initially i had only read of this issue using HT3 on dk until recently but someone else had it that i know using ht3 too , i hadnt read it any where else using another tool , if a tool problem id expect to see alot more of these issues and requests for help , especially considering the amount using these tools .

ive stopped using HT3 add on until i know for sure and have been using SP on these later fords , so far with no issues at all , so not sure if the one case with SP ive read has more to it or not , but with ford just changing bcm on vehicles in warranty with the U3000 dtc suggests they know something already , so i havnt ruled out an intermittent bcm issue affecting some bcm units.

we know ford tpms is very poor and has always had issues , but the U3000 dtc is another issue again.

until we know for sure , i continue to use sp as always been 100% for me , i charge very well for these to cover any future issues if a wider issue exists.

westwoody
26th July, 2022, 06:57 PM
so finally got this fixed, strange thing was new bcm would not complete full programming with ford genuine online software and left interior lights flashing but everything else was ok. old bcm would complete full programming but had tpms warning flashing.
ford tech helpline could not help

downloaded file that had been saved in ht3 software from one of the original attempts to programme keys, loaded it on bench direct to chip on new bcm and programmed via obd with ford gen software

regards

regards

nazz2
27th July, 2022, 09:45 AM
It would have been nice if you had compared the original file to the corrupt one, to see what has been changed.

westwoody
27th July, 2022, 10:35 AM
unfortunately the original file saved was deleted under instruction by chris as it was getting to big

regards

nazz2
27th July, 2022, 12:04 PM
OK no worries, i think with SP the issue might be 2022 onwards with BCM NU5T number.

rapidlocksmiths
27th July, 2022, 01:20 PM
the guy who had the issue had it on a 2018/2019 fiesta , but im not convinced that someone else hadnt been there before him as never known SP have an issue on these , he had full battery support on the vehicle too throughout , he also knows what hes doing.

the fact he had no tpms issue before key coding though does cast doubt on someone else being at it before.

i am wondering if it only affects certain bcm variants

i have read that adding a charger or battery support can cause the tpms fault to flare up , im trying to get more info on this or if this is only if you connect to the negative post rather than to a good negative point on vehicle.

nazz2
27th July, 2022, 04:14 PM
Although SP recommends Battery packs on most Vehicles, i have never bothered to do that, even when doing PSA (with AVDI), when the wipers and lights are going, the latest i have done was transit custom, 19 plate with black obd ,with SP no problem and few 2017 fords,different models with no problem, not sure how AVDI would compare though.

rapidlocksmiths
27th July, 2022, 10:34 PM
i use battery support on all psa , bmw , mercedes , later fords , late renault and many newer vehicles , its routine now , ive been to plenty that need fixing after no support used , i cant say that the lack of battery support caused all the issues but as advised i use it .

if the programmer or manuals advise battery support i use it , just in case it goes tits up as not using it may remove any limited liability of the tool maker , when avdi killed the 1st new traffic they checked if battery support was used which it was , they instantly admitted a software issue after checking the log files and agreed to pay for it to be sorted and sorted it , many wouldnt , though maybe they wouldnt had i not used battery support , il never know. but if advised and not used its an easy get out for the manufacturer.

plenty dont bother and most get away with it , personal choice , i choose to use it even when not advised as a routine now, that takes just a few minutes extra on a job , though i never connect to negative terminal always to an earth point on vehicle , im not a risk taker at all , often too careful and like routines , i still check obd port with a test unit before plugging in on all jobs , another old routine and habit.

godfathertwo
27th July, 2022, 11:34 PM
It amazes me that people on these forum are programming new vehicles without battery Support
Especially now with so much eletrics you need steady battery when doing key programming a battery going down can cause expensive repairs.

rapidlocksmiths
28th July, 2022, 10:00 AM
human nature , if you get away with something often enough you continue , until bitten .

i suspect on some its no more than a precaution and makes little to no difference if good battery , but on some it will be necessary even essential .

my son has forgot to put support on few times on psa ( i believe couldnt be bothered ) and once on bmw cas3 , he was lucky and got away with it , now after a backside kick he is used to the routine of putting it on for these.

it only takes one to hurt the pocket and damage a reputation , thus why i made it a routine and a habit , an extra 4 to 5 minutes to a job max which is nothing.

fred77
28th July, 2022, 02:15 PM
Interesting thread which expect Chris now knows more/wise about.

Having a Battery support unit is vital - however this thread is concerning.

For record - SP and Autel with no issue
Chris kit for Transits thus far no issue

rapidlocksmiths
28th July, 2022, 05:05 PM
much same fred thus far

truecode no issues on its ford coverage
HT3 no issues so far all good on everything ive used it on
HT3 add on , only used twice when first had it no problems , not used since this thread until i know more
SP no issues at all and the go to on later ford for me
abrites no issue on ford lately even a number of mk7 and mk8 transit with active alarms , ford has improved alot .
Autel ive only tried on a few but thus far no issues

but on later ford no matter what kit i use i use battery support every time.

with ford opting to just change bcm when tpms fault and u3000 fault suggests they are aware of an issue and dont waste their time trying to fix if under warranty, not normal method if fixable so wouldnt surprise me if an issue exists in some bcm units.

the fact that HT3 add on and SP both have alot of users europe wide doing these vehicles , the number with this issue remains a small percentage compared to users , though more with this issue to date that use HT3 add on , possible as ht3 add on works on the bcm and patches it , where as sp makes no changes to system at all , thus why im skeptical that sp caused the issue on the fiesta i read of , and the possibility someone else tried first on it.

its going to be interesting to find out the issue once more crop up and more is known on which bcm variant or varients is being affected.

fred77
4th August, 2022, 07:17 PM
Update Chris recommends - maybe in response to above criticisms alt support & saves flash

Optimised memory read functions for all models
Added alternate BCM Firmware support for Fiesta and Focus 2018+ BCM
Added auto-restore of CodeFlash to Fiesta and Focus 2018+ BCM
Added auto-save CodeFlash and DataFlash for Fiesta 2018+ BCM
Added logfile recording ON/OFF option
Fiesta 2013-2017 routine altered
Transit 2019+ routine modified

rapidlocksmiths
4th August, 2022, 10:43 PM
saw it , i will download in the morning .

chris has obviously been working on it

super jumbe
5th August, 2022, 09:08 AM
Got email yesterday new software HT3setup323 told lots of improvements.

westwoody
5th August, 2022, 04:54 PM
i approached halkyard tech about any contribution toward repair cost of nearly £700 to get the 68 plate focus fixed and was referred to this

5.2 No Liability for Consequential Damages. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL Halkyard Tech OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF Halkyard Tech HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

this on the very same day i received the email above about the raft of updates to the very same software that caused the issue

is customer care even a thing now ?

whose gonna be the first crash test dummy then ?

regards

fred77
5th August, 2022, 10:25 PM
Although SP recommends Battery packs on most Vehicles, i have never bothered to do that, even when doing PSA (with AVDI), when the wipers and lights are going, the latest i have done was transit custom, 19 plate with black obd ,with SP no problem and few 2017 fords,different models with no problem, not sure how AVDI would compare though.

Nazz mate difference is re-flashing.

On any device firmware update messages "Don't turn off power" -That's when it's dangerous!
It shouldn't be but risk reduced

Latest PSA Erases flash along with BMW so your living on borrowed time if expect to do these without Battery backup.
Sure Ford getting more complex but as general rule any re-flashing involved use battery backup. Everything else don't bother

fred77
5th August, 2022, 10:49 PM
i approached halkyard tech about any contribution toward repair cost of nearly £700 to get the 68 plate focus fixed and was referred to this

5.2 No Liability for Consequential Damages. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL Halkyard Tech OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF Halkyard Tech HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

this on the very same day i received the email above about the raft of updates to the very same software that caused the issue

regards

I always thought increased risk when 1st heard Chris Ford kit writes to memory couple of years ago. This is opposed to conventional method -asking for a key to be added thro security handshake.

Trouble is these vehicles are so complex now that security has to be bypassed. In some ways it's an advantage otherwise the Russian kit Forscan would do keyprogramming for free!

Now fixed the Ford kit should be an amazing bit of kit! Was well impressed with speed.

--------------

Anyway,
Yeah well agree obviously - bet Chris feels bad on this. Maybe if SP then you would of seen a refund -but would of spent 4X amount.
You have to admit his kit is very affordable -even compared to China and u know us westerners don't live on rice!

My balls-ache thus far....
Abrites buggered up 2 Mitsubishi L200s, a BMW ECU and a Citroen.
Never got a penny out of em!

On flip side it never once failed on a VAG where Zedfull did !! 1st bloody car plugged into!
Lets just say Zedfull was posted back to Turkey refunded asap

Just saying nobody has helped me - and s**t happens.
Least Chris has done an update

rapidlocksmiths
6th August, 2022, 08:47 AM
these terms and conditions and disclaimers exist on almost all tools these days , on the whole we are on our own , all risk is on us alone , when we click this agreement ( most without even reading it ) we accept responsibility and exonerate the seller/developer.

of course the consumer has us by the short and curlies and selling to the consumer is a world apart from business to business .

this is one of the reasons why the price cutting race to the gutter is foolish and self defeating , without the margins to factor in unexpected costs as issues arise its a rocky road to ruin , a bricked vehicle is only round the corner for any of us , more so for those that plug in and hope with no idea and working for less than a packet of wine gums.

though every business , or a professional business surely has adequate insurances to cover such a situation , as long as there margins allow for such insurances.

i accepted long ago that im on my own if shit hits fan and can rely on no one , so i learnt skills that may help , pay every year for expensive insurances just in case , as much as ensuring i can do right by my customer as protecting myself , such insurance is a must have.

with the traffic issue abrites were great and instantly agreed to pay as an issue with the released software , they then next day sent an update that had a warning on the software not to use it on uk spec traffic 3 if you do so its at your own risk , software then fixed by next update , but they did pay for the repairs and costs in full. this to date is the only vehicle that at the time i couldnt fix and had to go to dealer , the only one in over 20 years, it hurt and is a feeling i dont want again.

even smart pro has now put a similar warning on the software of traffic 3 , vivaro b that your basically on your own if it goes tits up .

every supplier and toolmaker in this trade is your best friend especially when selling to you , though when it goes tits up then as its always been on the whole we are and always have been on our own.

abrites have paid for software issues , ad has paid on some issues in past but we pay alot more for these softwares , chris has always been a gentleman , always been affordable and always been helpful , and as normal is adding updates to perfect his tool for us , i still have faith in what he sells between the new halkyard and truecode kit they have paid their way over and over , normally flawlessly , hes one of the few developers i do have faith in and trust and will continue to invest in new tools from.

im still not convinced that this isnt a bcm issue known by ford , otherwise why under warranty will they just change bcm rather than try reflashing and fixing first .

rapidlocksmiths
6th August, 2022, 09:14 AM

regards

Do you not have trade insurance that covers this ? if you do pass it to your insurer to deal with and your not out of pocket , thats what you pay them for each year and is their sole purpose .

i will probably give it a whirl on the next fiesta or focus all keys lost of relevent years that i get , if chris has released updates then im certain hes tested them himself and via his beta testers .

whiskeyman
6th August, 2022, 09:58 AM
every tool we take a risk
everyone has a chinese tool...........same applys
just to deal with it....stop using it and move on
the amount of door stop shit tools i have bought of the years that land in a pile in the corner.......
truecode been a good long serving tool of mine
and still is

westwoody
6th August, 2022, 11:55 AM
hi

yes i have insurance that will cover it and that is ok if it is my fault, but my point is we pay good money for software in good faith that it has been tested fully, this obviously hasnt, if we are to be used as testers for the software and it doesnt work surely the sellers should have some liability to cover our losses be it by their insurance or whatever. imagine if everything we bought came with a disclaimer that the manufacturer accepted no responsibility whatsoever

i do usually use SP on these but unfortunately there was no mobile signal where i was

as to there might be faulty bcm`s fitted, maybe there is but this new software download will not fix that, i guess time will tell but i wont be testing it

regards

rapidlocksmiths
6th August, 2022, 01:50 PM
My understanding of the HT3 add on is that it was tested on a good number of vehicles by chris and his beta testers prior to release with no issues found , this is their normal way of doing this , they never release till tested . this is something that has come to light some time after release .

considering that it was a while after release that it first come to light , considering how many are using the software around uk and europe which will be at least in the hundreds , and the reports listed in this thread were the first chris had , but with so few reports of this issue from users and the results of their own testing it wasnt deemed a software issue initially .

add to this that there has been the same issue written online regarding the same problem of tpms error and u3000 dtc with 2 other tools one being smart pro on a 2018/19 fiesta , it suggests the issue may not be with the software or may affect at least 2 other tools too .
or as ford if under warranty are not even trying to reflash or fix and just fit new bcm , suggests they are aware of an issue which may be bad bcm units , no one really knows what the issue is yet , whether the tools or the bcm units other than maybe ford.

i doubt any toolmaker would consider there to be a software issue until they know for sure or until they recieve enough reports to make this likely. though i doubt they would agree to pay or share costs until its at least proven that the issue is their tool beyond doubt , which again isnt easy to prove.

in an ideal world , which this aint , tool makers would share the cost or take responsibility for the cost if a software fault was proven , some do if proven software issue , but id bet if the case software would be far dearer and there would be alot less software released through fear of it crippling them financially.

by same token if an ideal world which again it isnt , car makers wouldnt hide from their vehicle issues and faulty parts , instead they would do a recall and remedy them rather than try to profit from their own faulty units, a good example is the bad bcm units on nissan that brick the car , they are fully aware of the issue yet choose to ignore it with impunity , even profit from it , vag group being unable to recode a 3rd party key and their online system shuts car down with a big bill , and now possible bad bcm with ford which is unknown yet . in the ideal world the vehicle manufacturer would hold the responsibility for paying for and fixing such issues , but they dont .

you risk doing a qashqai j11 prox and it goes curly on you , you are left with a big bill despite it being a known part issue , your tool supplier cant be expected to foot bill , i agree its unfair we should when its a known part issue , but we are still responsible.

i dont know enough about the recent update as to what is different , reading it seems to suggest its logging what unit and software version you have , what you do and maintaining a log file , possibly to restore original file if it goes curly , possibly to log details to prove one way or other if a tool issue or bcm issue . possibly even a fix to reduce the risk of this happening , maybe all of this and more , more im sure will come to light in the comming months.

but all the time car makers , dealerships , tool makers , tool sellers have a get out then they will use it .

this has always been at our own risk and i suspect always will be no matter what tools we use , some tool makers will pay out on some issues , some wont , but at end of day every job carries a risk , it always has , we are using 3rd party after market software to , hacking if you like , it being at our risk has always been the price we pay to have the extensive software we have .

the safest option but still not 100% safe is to not buy key programmers and buy dealer tools and pay for online access for dealer systems . this will negate alot of the risks we take.

it will be some time before we know for sure whats going on and where the issue stems from , ive held back from using the ht3 add on since this thread and used sp , however now theres a case with sp , yet i still use it until more cases appear .

i understand your point and in an ideal world all the risk would not be ours to burden , but this isnt how it is and this isnt an ideal world which is why we buy and use the tools we do and why we must add to margins a pot to cover the rare occasions this happens and why car keys used to cost what they did before the price cutters came along.

maybe if the trade was regulated , everyone had to be properly trained and insured then we may have a voice to not burden the entire risk , again ideal world.

as much as i understand your point and wish for this too , its not how it is and i doubt ever will be.

fred77
6th August, 2022, 07:52 PM
hi

yes i have insurance that will cover it and that is ok if it is my fault, but my point is we pay good money for software in good faith that it has been tested fully, this obviously hasnt, if we are to be used as testers for the software and it doesnt work surely the sellers should have some liability to cover our losses be it by their insurance or whatever. imagine if everything we bought came with a disclaimer that the manufacturer accepted no responsibility whatsoever

i do usually use SP on these but unfortunately there was no mobile signal where i was

as to there might be faulty bcm`s fitted, maybe there is but this new software download will not fix that, i guess time will tell but i wont be testing it

regards

Expect well tested but nowadays complex - your vehicles may of had a Ford security update

S**t will happen again on another vehicle, with another kit

Your not a Pro unless burned some.... we fix it and move on :)

rapidlocksmiths
7th August, 2022, 09:12 AM
Your not a Pro unless burned some.... we fix it and move on :)

that used to be the case once upon a time , we fixed it or knew a man that can , if not we had adequate insurance to cover it , either way the customer was taken care of , but then we fast forward to today where many advertising themselves as experts or profesionals are not , they press buttons and hope , turn to facebook and hope , and in many cases run away and leave the customer in a worse mess , its a different trade today where actual skilled tradesmen are in the minority .

with so many trading with no knowledge , no training , no experience and no adequate insurances to cover their messes , there only hope being facebook and youtube , no wonder the trades reputation is in the gutter.

im 100% confident chris has tested the hell out of this on as many vehicles as he can get his hands on , i have no worries giving it a go on the next focus or fiesta i get on the affected years , whether its a full fix remains to be seen , as still a distinct possibility that the fault lies with the bcm units or the bcm software , all we can do is wait and see.

westwoody
7th August, 2022, 07:58 PM
cheers fellas, been doing this 20 years, first time anything like this happened, just my turn i guess, moving on :hello:

super jumbe
7th August, 2022, 08:52 PM
Lads what the hell you all own about, how you suppose to give guarantee on the car electronics or any other electronics equipment that after programming everything will be ok, look it could be the car ECU bits getting weak or the BCI relays getting weak can cause an issue, let alone programming a key is not an issue, I have had lots of customers come to me that the remotes not working after replacing a new car battery by car accessories shop, the Last customer came with Audi Q7 2016 I did not able to fix it they end up taking the car to dealers and I heard the dealer could not able to fix it, the cost of fixing was told they will have to replace new BCI, ECU, etc, so whose fault is it don’t give any guarantee I always tell customer I will programme keys on your responsibility most says yes other run at list you are safe, remember the tool makers don’t give guarantee so why should you!

rapidlocksmiths
8th August, 2022, 08:37 AM
cheers fellas, been doing this 20 years, first time anything like this happened, just my turn i guess, moving on :hello:

i know that feeling well , i was in exact same situation when the traffic 3 software was released by avdi , same day i got the new licence when first released i had an akl job on a traffic 3 , bricked it , internal dongle error , sent logs to abrites and they instantly said it was a software error and agreed to pay for it to go to dealership for repair , which they did .

it was my first bricked vehicle and only one to date in over 20 years too , despite knowing it was a blip in software that was soon fixed , it didnt take that feeling away , its an awful feeling and place to be in, ive moved on but not forgotten , as next one could always be just around the corner , especially when using newly released software coverage .

still watching online for similar issues on these ford models to see if more cases arise and what tools they happen on if not all , as it will be good to know a definitive answer as to the exact issue causing it.

if only not offering a guarantee was an option , here laws are very different when service/seller to consumer than they are business to business.

fred77
8th August, 2022, 07:44 PM
Just done a fob '13 plate transit
Ford quoted £400 + vat :surprise:

Putting my prices up! Least it'll pay for a cockup should it happen

westwoody
9th August, 2022, 02:34 PM
i`m getting FDRS

i`ll let you know if i fry a bcm with this in future

regards

rapidlocksmiths
9th August, 2022, 04:18 PM
interesting to know if has same issues , or if it can fix the issues when someone bricks one as i suspect their may be a few in the future to help pay its way from the cheap boys.

nazz2
13th August, 2022, 03:44 PM
Nazz mate difference is re-flashing.

On any device firmware update messages "Don't turn off power" -That's when it's dangerous!
It shouldn't be but risk reduced

Latest PSA Erases flash along with BMW so your living on borrowed time if expect to do these without Battery backup.
Sure Ford getting more complex but as general rule any re-flashing involved use battery backup. Everything else don't bother

HI bud, yes i know about flashing specially on Bmw , I have seen that the Gys once jumped to 150 amp draw! when flashing, as Martin said some people are lazy to use jump pack.lol

super jumbe
20th August, 2022, 02:40 PM
Got email new software HT3 Software Download version 3.2.4 game is on!!!

rapidlocksmiths
26th August, 2022, 10:38 AM
another email today with update for ht3 to 3.2.5 optimising some 2018 on models

super jumbe
26th August, 2022, 10:16 PM

Me too,
3.2.5 More optimisations for Fiesta/Focus/Kuga/Puma 2018 + BCM routines.

the_big_d
28th August, 2022, 04:38 PM
Do you guys receive update emails from Halkyard Tech/Truecode when there are new updates etc?
I don't receive anything like this.

rapidlocksmiths
29th August, 2022, 11:20 AM
yes , i always recieve update emails for HT3

there has been no updates on truecode for a long time and its unlikely there will be any future updates to truecode , you can contact chris to find out if you are on the latest software and latest dongle software .

if you have HT3 then it has had 3 recent updates and is now on 3.2.5 , sequence 3.

if you have not had these updates then contact chris and im sure he will sort it out and add you to his mailing list for future updates

super jumbe
5th September, 2022, 09:48 AM
HT3 Software Download version 3.2.8

All users should install this latest version.
Revision History

Added 2022 Transit and Transit Custom models
Added 2017 Kuga menu option
More optimisations for Fiesta/Focus/Kuga/Puma 2018+ BCM routines
Optimised Alarm-set routines
Optimised memory read functions for all models
Added alternate BCM Firmware support for Fiesta and Focus 2018+ BCM
Added auto-restore of CodeFlash to Fiesta and Focus 2018+ BCM
Added auto-save CodeFlash and DataFlash for Fiesta 2018+ BCM
Added logfile recording ON/OFF option
Fiesta 2013-2017 routine altered
Transit 2019+ routine modified
Please send feedback for more development.

fred77
5th September, 2022, 09:25 PM
Another update email today....

the_big_d
25th April, 2023, 09:12 AM
Is there still an issue using this on new Fords & causing BCM issues & battery drains?

rapidlocksmiths
25th April, 2023, 09:29 AM
ive not read of any further issues anywhere so suspect everyone has stopped using it or its resolved , used it last night on a 2017 s-max prox without issue , chris has tweaked and adjusted the process a few times at the end of last year.

the_big_d
25th April, 2023, 10:23 PM
The problem is you wont really know if there is an issue for a few days to see if the battery is draining??

godfathertre
26th April, 2023, 02:10 AM
I hope Chris has fixed this problems we wont know for sure till Somebody does a later transit for sure .