PDA

View Full Version : Starview 2 The Box ( what is the right update )

BUCKINHAM
17th October, 2008, 05:19 PM
Hi, i have the Starview 2 "The Box ", which i have had for over 12 months,
i have 2 GTROM Version 4. 00
STB UPDATER
APPLICATION MODEL 3110
GCR 3150
i hope that i have supplied enough of the technical data stuff. at the moment the update that i have installed at the moment is
UK_ h2007079_451eE-api BIN FILE and i do not have any problems with that update. :congrats:
recently i tried to update with updates h20070814_452eE_api BIN FILE
h20071015_454eE_api BIN FILE
although both versions downloaded to the box succesfully, when i went to do the installation, all i got was a blank screen. :bandit: i went through all the checkpoints, like making sure the batteries in the remote had not died suddenly etc etc, but still nothing. so i went back to the original update and everthing is as it were, so the help that i am asking is am i downloading the correct updates or is there another update that i need to get for my particular model? you know how tempremental these things are, and i am no brain scientist, quite a newbie in fact.:confused:
so is there anyone out there who could please guide me as to where i am going wrong, i would be indebted to them:captain:

satsmo
17th October, 2008, 06:15 PM
TBH its not necessary to update, the later versions will give a slightly improved EPG and picture ratio. 4.51 is fine.

You need to install 4.52 first but using the 4.03 loader after that to go to 4.54.

BUCKINHAM
17th October, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hi, thanks for getting back so quick, and thanks for the info, could you please tell me what TBH stands for:cheer:

mad irish-man
18th October, 2008, 05:04 AM
To be honest.

BUCKINHAM
20th October, 2008, 02:19 PM
hi, i have hit a snag i downloaded GT ROM LOADER 4. 03 and installed the updates VERSION 4.52 & VERSION 4.54, both to no avail, just got a blank screen with THE BOX showing 0000, and thats it. so i have reinstalled VERSION 4.51, & everthing is back to normal.
however i never mentioned in the original post, that i was using BOOT VERSION 7.0, so i do not know if having another boot version would make any difference or not could you please advise, or am i not doing something else that i should be doing. i await your reply with eager
Regards Dave

satsmo
20th October, 2008, 02:51 PM
After v4.50/51 you must use GTrom Loader Ver 4.03 for example:

First flash thebox_H20070814_452eE_api.bin to your box with the new GTRom.4.3
(select as App file only)

Then flash thebox_logobg.bin to your box using GTRom.4.3
(select Background Data File)

Then you flash to 4.54. Do a factory reset after flash, turn box off from power for a minute. Then turn back on. Turn key emu back on, (press menu, type 1570 on remote and enable it), rescan on your provider. Put it on Sly Sports after scan to update.

Personally I find 4.51 in the UK much more stable, but its entirely up to you.

BUCKINHAM
20th October, 2008, 04:32 PM
Hi thanks for the info, i will have a go at what you have mentioned, i have just downloaded the logobg bin file, ( BACKGROUND DATA FILE ) but i take notice of what you say about 4.51 being more stable
Regards Dave:wink:

john taylor
1st April, 2010, 10:43 PM
i have starveiw 2 tried flashing these updates 452/457/451/455 havent got a clue whats happing i heard that virgin in the essex area are using a ne somthing any help would be great thanks