PDA

View Full Version : Marelli IAW 5NF VIRGINIZE via AUTOTUNER (read & write 95160 eeprom bench mode)

Zyborg
7th January, 2022, 10:57 PM
Hi everyone!

Newest thread in the ECU section but this time it's for a simpler question: is it possible to read the 95160 eeprom contents with the AUTOTUNER tool in bench mode (aka without opening the ECU)? I mean in the same way you can read the eeprom dump and write a .bin file to the eeprom via the CAN-H and CAN-L pins, as in Galletto Master V54 EU version (0475).

I did a thorough search on their website but couldn't find any related info. Is this tool designed to ONLY read newer ECUs that have ONLY flash and not eeprom?

Any help will be greatly appreciated (and thanked ofc!).

Antonio266
8th January, 2022, 01:55 AM
Not possible with AT, for this the best is I/O Terminal with Marelli license

Zyborg
8th January, 2022, 01:57 PM
OK thank you. I will ask some local workshops if they have this tool. In my area auto locksmiths want 150€ to virginize this ECU, which is an absurd amount of money.

Otherwise I will wait for another 10-12 days to receive my Galletto V54.

rafal
8th January, 2022, 02:01 PM
OK thank you. I will ask some local workshops if they have this tool. In my area auto locksmiths want 150€ to virginize this ECU, which is an absurd amount of money.

Otherwise I will wait for another 10-12 days to receive my Galletto V54.

buy tools and do job for free for everyone - will see how long you will able to be on market

Zyborg
8th January, 2022, 11:22 PM
I never really asked anyone to do anything "for free" for me. But there's a difference between a fair price and an unfair price. Especially given the current situation and the average salaries in my country.

And by the way, this is one of the easiest ECUs to virginize, as the ECU doesn't feature any special write protection mechanism (like we see in the post 2018 car ECUs). I would expect to pay much, much more for the virginizing of a 2019 Jeep ECU.

PS. In Salonika a very reputable auto locksmith charges 50€ for the same service, which is absolutely fair. But 7-8 days will be lost during transportation, so this is not an option for me at this moment.