PDA

View Full Version : PCI Tuner card, DIY Media Center.

jake-pickering
14th February, 2010, 03:44 PM
hey all, not sure if anyone will know about this here but worth a try because i'm clueless. :dontknow:

after having a quick look around i've seen I can get a PCI tuner that just slots into my motherboard on an old PC I wish to turn into a media center.

Now I'm assuming this card wont decrypt the channels? Is it possible to decrypt them with software on the computer?

Any info from anyone in the know about this would be really appreciated because i'm serious about doing this asap.

thanks.

cactikid
14th February, 2010, 03:50 PM
also check as in irl mpeg2 cards are not working because they switched to mpeg4.

jake-pickering
14th February, 2010, 03:59 PM
will do thanks.

jake-pickering
15th February, 2010, 08:17 PM
no one got any information?

nemesisdelta7
21st February, 2010, 07:59 AM
no one got any information?

i dont think you can decrypt with software from your pc, if you do find out tell me

jfish
25th February, 2010, 05:27 PM
I have such a set up - a PC with 2 GB RAM and a P4 HT CPU @ 3GHz with 1 TB HD and a DVB-C card, running DVB viewer with vplug to decrypt channels - running under Windows XP Pro

get the full HD channels as well

cactikid
25th February, 2010, 07:59 PM
I have such a set up - a PC with 2 GB RAM and a P4 HT CPU @ 3GHz with 1 TB HD and a DVB-C card, running DVB viewer with vplug to decrypt channels - running under Windows XP Pro

get the full HD channels as well
nice but when n3 comes to your area:ciao:

jake-pickering
8th March, 2010, 06:12 PM
sweeet, so thats all software? except the DVB card obviously, any chance i could know what make an model your card is so i can get it the exact same? and whens that likley to stop working cacti kid? :S cheers guys :D

jfish
12th March, 2010, 12:57 PM
sweeet, so thats all software? except the DVB card obviously, any chance i could know what make an model your card is so i can get it the exact same? and whens that likley to stop working cacti kid? :S cheers guys :D

you can buy mine from me, as my area has moved to N3 so no use

can also provide all software required on CD.