PDA

View Full Version : Hacking dreamscience...

digitalspa
14th February, 2010, 06:18 PM
Hi there,

I have a dreamscience unit that I use to flash altered maps to my Fiesta st. The unit in question is this thing: SCT XCalibrator 2 OBD-II Flash Tool 1996-2007 Ford Cars and Trucks (http://www.sctxcalibrator.com/)

I've scoured the net and cant find any mention of it being hacked. The way it works is that you have 5 'lives'. Each time you flash to a different car, you have to 'restore' the original ECU to the car, then when you flash to another you 'lose' a life. I'm thinking of cloning the memory chip, dumping it and restoring it after each flash to different cars :)

I've opened the unit up and here's what I've found.

There are two 25P64V6P chips, which I've discovered are memory storage chips, presumably for the ECU flash files.

One FT232BL chip, which is for the USB port.

One MC9S12D chip which is the microprocessor.

And various others for display driver etc... There are also a few 'jumper' points. What's the betting that if one could dump the flash chips, use the device, and then reflash with the dumps, that the unit would be none-the-wiser that the flash file is now on another car?

Now I also have a programmer. The programmer is a Willem 4.5 and the chip is a 25P64V6P.

When I load the willem software, I can select the chip to read.

The problem is I've no idea how to wire it to the spi flash chip. The program tells me to use the ISCP pins, but how?

Here's a PDF for the chip if it helps :)

www.numonyx.com/Documents/Datasheets/M25P64.pdf

Many thanks in advance! :)

cammy25
15th February, 2010, 08:10 AM
Is it a retail 9S12 or does it have a mask?
But im sure the security is in the 9s12. I dont think it will be a big deal to read it with ETL programmer.

BTW: throw the willem out of the window and buy yourself a Smartpro or WEILEI.

digitalspa
9th March, 2010, 12:56 AM
I've no idea mate, if I'm honest. How would I find out?

digitalspa
9th March, 2010, 01:22 AM
It looks like this tool will read the MC9S12 MCU, but not the serial chips?

China ECU Tools Centre (http://www.ecutool.com/productshow.asp?id=2057&sortsid=3515&sorts=Chip)