PDA

View Full Version : Audi P164B oil pressure. off?

Kprog
12th January, 2022, 07:09 PM
hi i have an audi A5. has dead fault P164B.
Related to oil pressure. the system is checked and the pressure is good.
I can remove the DTC, but I cannot remove limp mode, related to that dtc.
Really, I think it is not a Limpmode.
It's something different .. A message appears on the dashborard. LIMITATION AT 4,000RPM.
Everything is going well, but it does not exceed 4,000.
Who can make this file?
Audi A5 Ecu MED17.1

stixo
12th January, 2022, 09:14 PM
test and report

Kprog
13th January, 2022, 02:23 PM
thanks, i will try. Did you find the rpm limiter map for oil pressure?

Kprog
17th January, 2022, 08:30 PM
test and report

it does not work. still limited to 4000rpm. also now has
P164b oil pressure sensor.
p0341 camshaft sensor.
With the original file these p0341 errors are not

misterdray
28th July, 2023, 08:28 AM
Did your timing go out with this issue?

i only ask because i did a rebuild on one of my motors CAEB and had an oil pressure issue. removed the engine again tore it down, redid everything, made sure all the galleys were clean, pump was good etc. and still same issue.

it does not work. still limited to 4000rpm. also now has
P164b oil pressure sensor.
p0341 camshaft sensor.
With the original file these p0341 errors are not

kppow666
28th July, 2023, 10:40 AM
if it is a 2.0tfsi engine. I solved a similar problem by ossifying the sensor and then turned off the error with unreliable data from the sensor. but personally I think that the fault is either in the pump valve or the chain sliders are worn out and the spanner can no longer be tensioned and the pressure is lost. the last option was the bearing itself, the shaft guys

misterdray
29th July, 2023, 07:14 AM
if it is a 2.0tfsi engine. I solved a similar problem by ossifying the sensor and then turned off the error with unreliable data from the sensor. but personally I think that the fault is either in the pump valve or the chain sliders are worn out and the spanner can no longer be tensioned and the pressure is lost. the last option was the bearing itself, the shaft guys
I actually figured that one out. I rebuilt the oil pump on that one. I forgot to put the small ball bearing back in that a spring holds to a galley. I guess we can say it's a check valve in the pump itself.