PDA

View Full Version : Opel Insignia Airbag Problem

crypt8
17th January, 2022, 12:21 PM
Hello everyone, I am on this forum from 2011 but I forgot my password to my previous account,

I have a problem with Airbag in Opel Insignia,
First, what happened, some time ago I connected OP-COM clone to scan all of the modules in my car and many of the modules were not connecting (look at the attached pic), probably some relays are damaged on OP-COM pcb, but when OP-COM tried to scan them, a few modules went off for a while (radio switched off and on, same with parking assistance and few others...), from that time I have airbag light on and I can't clear this (tried with OP-COM and LAUNCH X431).

here are the fault codes:

B101D Electronic Control Unit Hardware
U0151 Lost Communication with Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module
U0155 Lost Communication with Instrument Cluster

I tried to clear them, checked fuse number 15 for airbag, tried to switch off passenger airbag - light is still on.

I found on the forum that possibly I could read a dump from SDM Airbag module (it's 13505596), post it here, someone could clear the crash data (from 882 to ff0 it needs FF?) and finally write modified dump to module, is that right?
How to do this and what do I need? My friend has got a carprog clone and A1 adapter,

fuzz1
17th January, 2022, 12:55 PM
Hi

Radio switching off and on is normal during scanning. On some cars the scanner ask you to turn them on on others they are turned on and off.

Find the airbag ecu and open it. But I wonder if that is your problem. Have not come across a lost communication with damaged dump after running a scan,

crypt8
17th January, 2022, 02:00 PM
Thanks for your post,

It has happened some time ago but I took some notes and I think now it did not happen (issue with airbag light on) during the scan process but when I tried to connect to:
BODY > INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. OP-COM tried to connect with SW-CAN line which is not working in my clone. After that the airbag lights went on.

I will find the airbag ecu and will send some photos later but now I'm thinking if it is worth to read a dump, clear crash data (if there is any) and write this back when airbag was not deployed at all.
Maybe problem is somewhere else? Maybe airbag module is dead?

As I said, what I checked:
- fuse number 15 for airbag
- tried to clear fault codes with launch x431 (did not try to clear it with OP-COM as I can't connect to airbag module at all with my clone)
- tried to disconnect battery for about 30 minutes
- tried to switch off and back on the passenger airbag

If I would fix my opcom clone or get a new one then I will be able to run OP-COM Advanced as it's public and it's working now, maybe this software could help here?

PS. I just found full report from that day, it looks like defective op-com caused some issues with communication:

BCM (Body Control Module)U0151 Lost Communication with Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module
U0164 Lost Communication with HVAC Control Module
U0230 Lost Communication with Liftgate Control Module

SRS (Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module)
U0184 Lost Communication with Radio
U0140 Lost Communication with Body Control Module
U0073 CAN Bus Communication
B101D Electronic Control Unit Hardware

IC (Instrument Cluster)
U0151 Lost Communication with Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module
U0159 Lost Communication with Parking Assist Control Module
U0164 Lost Communication with HVAC Control Module
U0230 Lost Communication with Liftgate Control Module

CACM (Chime Alarm Control Module)

TICM (Trailer Interface Control Module)
U0155 Lost Communication with Instrument Cluster Radio

MPIM (Multimedia Player Interface Module)
B1325 Control Module Power Circuit Low Voltage

RHACCM (Remote Heater and Air Conditioning Control Module)
B0183 Sunload Sensor Circuit High Voltage/Open

PACM (Parking Assist Control Module)
U0252 Lost Communication with Trailer Interface Control Module

fuzz1
18th January, 2022, 10:22 AM
Just find another tool and scan the car. A launch or an autel.. they will be better than the clone. You must have some tools to read the airbag ecu

crypt8
18th January, 2022, 08:35 PM
I tried to scan it with LAUNCH X431, report is same as above and I am not able to clear fault codes.
Tomorrow I will try to connect module to carpro and clear fault codes, do anyone have any pinout how to connect it with a carpro? should it go directly to obd or maybe on pins on the pcb? I only found pinouts for UPA, X-Prog, SMOK and VVDI programmers.

RadovanPetkovic
19th January, 2022, 12:41 PM
When there are so many faults there is always a problem with the installation or fuses. If there are real mistakes. If all the airbags are correct and report faults, installation and contact problems. Maybe a spool on the steering wheel.
If there is data on a collision in the airbeg control panel, it can be solved with a calculator ..... It is a little harder to read the MC9S12XDT384 than some Eeprom with eight pins, but ....

crypt8
19th January, 2022, 07:44 PM
Thanks for your help, today I managed to read a dump from my airbag module (OPEL INSIGNIA 2011),
I used CarProg ver. 9.31 (MCU > MOTOROLA > HC12 v0.4 > Selected MC9S12XDP512 and oscillator for 6000), everything seems to be fine, verify was okay and I could see my VIN number over there.

Could anyone help me to clear the fault codes from this dump please? I think fault code number B101D is the problem here,

I also attached settings from CarProg + pinout which I used, maybe it would help someone in future.

Many thanks!!!

al70
30th January, 2022, 04:39 PM
try this clear

BRUNOXXX
17th May, 2022, 04:53 PM
Hi Crypt8 have you solved your problem?

Alexandru82
13th February, 2023, 07:05 PM
Hi,you have another big rezolution schematic fo picture number 3?
Thnak you!

GMXcool
14th February, 2023, 09:58 AM
Hi,you have another big rezolution schematic fo picture number 3?
Thnak you!
--------------------------------------------------
Here