18th October, 2008, 12:38 PM
champs of prem & europe v champs of scotland
i'm sorry celtic fans but i could get a team out of
our street to be champs of scotland
(think this might get a response):barscarf:

dctyper
18th October, 2008, 01:11 PM
yeh...there both poo! liverpool all the way lol

Nah man u are the better side but in games like this celtic always do well. they love playing english sides

andy4
18th October, 2008, 01:17 PM
off the track a bit but hope u don't paste us 2day mate

thered
18th October, 2008, 01:26 PM
i think utd are due to give celtic a spanking

andy4
18th October, 2008, 01:28 PM
yeh red i'm going 16-2 utd

thered
18th October, 2008, 01:32 PM
thats a bit conservative m8 lol

zander
18th October, 2008, 02:49 PM
yeh red i'm going 16-2 utd

:bounce::bounce::barscarf:1-0 will do for me! :rangers::bounce::bounce:

Dreamer
18th October, 2008, 03:02 PM

These are not my words but the words of my hubby...

:celticscarf:Celtic :scarf2:were FIRST brittish team to be the champs in Europe :celticparty:
You're lot were the second :thefinger:

thered
18th October, 2008, 03:05 PM
These are not my words but the words of my hubby...

:celticscarf:Celtic :scarf2:were FIRST brittish team to be the champs in Europe :celticparty:
You're lot were the second :thefinger:

i thought it was spurs

Dreamer
18th October, 2008, 05:34 PM
i thought it was spurs
Once again not my words but the words of my hubby...

Yer talkin p*sh m8 (must be said in a Scottish accent and no serious offence intended)

Celtic 25th May 1967 stadium of light, Libson:rock:

Man U Wembly 1968 in extra time!!!!!!!!!

davieboy.rfc
18th October, 2008, 08:51 PM

i think u mite be rite as celtic r strugglin with injuries & ive just watched man u against w.b.a. & they were on fire it will be a backz 2 the wall display by celtic 2 keep the score doon.

thered
18th October, 2008, 09:20 PM
spurs 1963 european cup winners cup winners first team in britain to win a european trophy not celtic your hubby must have had too much buckfast lol

biffo1
18th October, 2008, 09:54 PM
yes Celtic were the 1st British team to win the old European cup , i just hope man u win convincingly this time as Celtic got the better of us last time .
Common the REds

Dreamer
18th October, 2008, 11:49 PM
spurs 1963 european cup winners cup winners first team in britain to win a european trophy not celtic your hubby must have had too much buckfast lol

once again in the words of my hubby

Yer still talkin p*sh there m8tie

spurs won the fairs cup. which was a Euro cup 4 diddies. (or numpties if yur English) lol

Euro cup 4 champs.
1s team in 67 was celtic

Ist brittish team in Europe were Hibs. No win there but the first to try

.: JaCkPoT :.
19th October, 2008, 12:54 AM
When is this match us' are on about and what is that word with a missing letter and how will it be said in a scottish accent. Want to give the accent a go for once. lol

cantona7
19th October, 2008, 08:29 AM
match is on tuesday night

i'll be there

and dreamers hubby is spot on about being 1st british team to win it but i'm

english so i dont care:manutop:

seriously i think we are to good for them at the moment we looked good

good in our last couple of games but hey ho soon be tuesday

if any-one from here utd or celtic wants a beer there tuesday night let me

know and i'll buy 1st round:manutop:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

thered
19th October, 2008, 11:26 AM
once again in the words of my hubby

Yer still talkin p*sh there m8tie

spurs won the fairs cup. which was a Euro cup 4 diddies. (or numpties if yur English) lol

Euro cup 4 champs.
1s team in 67 was celtic

Ist brittish team in Europe were Hibs. No win there but the first to try

you never said which one?

everyone knows celtic won first european cup tommy gemmel scored winner you were also runners up in 1970 tommy gemmel scored again but you went down 2-1 to feyenoord

keep up the good work lol

you gonna get murdered this week

Dreamer
19th October, 2008, 02:58 PM
When is this match us' are on about and what is that word with a missing letter and how will it be said in a scottish accent. Want to give the accent a go for once. lol
well if your sure you wanna give the scottish accent a try then here it is

in English = I think you are mistaken and are not correct in what you are saying there my friend

in Scottish = yuuur tawkin pissshhh air m888ie if you want to add a little more aggression or insult you could add "yaa tossser" in instead of "m88ie"

if you want any other scottish sayings just you give me a shout!!

I will gladly assist you..
:girl:

thered
19th October, 2008, 03:09 PM
well if your sure you wanna give the scottish accent a try then here it is

in English = I think you are mistaken and are not correct in what you are saying there my friend

in Scottish = yuuur tawkin pissshhh air m888ie if you want to add a little more aggression or insult you could add "yaa tossser" in instead of "m88ie"

if you want any other scottish sayings just you give me a shout!!

I will gladly assist you..
:girl:

and a seee youuu jiiiimy for good masure lol

gurbettin
20th October, 2008, 10:24 PM
manu, manu :)
they are realy greate team.

Dreamer
21st October, 2008, 09:02 AM
Well here we go tonight should be interesting!!

:celticparty:for the sake of marital relations between myself and hubby I hope Celtic win lol

I'm predicting a score of 2-1 to Man U though!!:manuscarf:

Good luck!!

andy4
21st October, 2008, 06:28 PM
going for 3-0 utd:ciao:

cgscott
21st October, 2008, 06:53 PM
I'll go man u 3-1

:barscarf:

Dreamer
21st October, 2008, 09:50 PM
going for 3-0 utd:ciao:

Well you won!! Well done there!

I rekon you were just a little bit on the lucky side with a couple of the decisions.

cantona7
22nd October, 2008, 09:03 AM
i hate to say it but in my opinion the spl is going

backwards from the premier league.

i have always rated both celtic and rangers and thought

they would both do well down here,but in my most humble

of opinions the gulf is growing.last night utd completly out

played and out classed celtic,fair do's apparently both of

berbatovs goals were offside(aint seen the tv yet)but

rooney had a perfectly good goal not given and at 3-0

we took the foot of a bit and conserved energy for everton

at the weekend.

still hoping to get a ticket for the away leg but not looking

good at the moment(never been to glasgow)

but hey ho if your lucky you might still get a uefa cup

place :aetsch:

McMav
22nd October, 2008, 11:19 AM
Money talks Cantona Sky has made the EPL what it is today. That and a huge amount of debt. Better hope the banks dont come calling for their loans to be repaid or a fair few clubs will most likely fold.

cantona7
22nd October, 2008, 12:43 PM
Money talks Cantona Sky has made the EPL what it is today. That and a huge amount of debt. Better hope the banks dont come calling for their loans to be repaid or a fair few clubs will most likely fold.

make you right i heard on talksport on the way home last night that charlton got?30million last year when they got relegated,lets face it that is just crazy money and unfortunatly for the s.p.l it is not getting that or any where near tv funding and that is where the gap is comong from ??????'s

andy4
22nd October, 2008, 02:39 PM
Well you won!! Well done there!

I rekon you were just a little bit on the lucky side with a couple of the decisions.

m8 forget the (you) i no more like man u than you do i was just predicting
the score, on a serious note celtic were pretty poor you must admit that
with a few dodgy decision by the linesman

thered
22nd October, 2008, 05:52 PM
have to agree with cantona spl is bottom tier premier to top of the championship standard

west brom on saturday were a better team than celtic its a shame because as a kid i always had a bit of a soft spot for them

utd didnt even play very well and are just going through the motions but made celtic look very poor

joe_fl
22nd October, 2008, 07:31 PM
I was there last night Celtic were very poor. Could not score in a Brothel well not as good as Rooney :manutop:
Thats why Scotland Struggle...............??? Well you tell me :wink:

Joe_fl

:manusign:

cantona7
23rd October, 2008, 01:56 PM
i was there tuesday night too,without being bigheaded it was one way traffic for most of night.
on that performance they would struggle to get promoted out of championship into premier league.
you going up for west ham next week???
i find out today whether or not i've got a ticket for celtic in 2 weeks

BigBaloo
23rd October, 2008, 06:46 PM
Lets not draw comparisons on that performance. We were without big players, playing silly tactics........ with a full squad and on our home patch, we would give anyone a scare. Away from home is a jinx, thats all.

Championship?? Winners within first season! No worries. Top 10 premiership, too much money not to improve squad considerably!

thered
23rd October, 2008, 06:58 PM
to be fair m8 united were not great and were missing there best centre midfielders scholes carrick and hargreaves plus the best centrehalf in england ferdinand and in my opinion the best leftback around patrice evra plus ronaldos well off the boil

you were worse than west brom

scottish football has declined dramatically it must have you have had championship players or players who were finished in premier ie sutton,hartson alan thompson the lad from preston

your best young prodigy over the last 10 years was liam miller who cant get a game for sunderland and didnt play very much in the championship aiden ~~~~~dys not too hot either

BigBaloo
23rd October, 2008, 07:06 PM
Hey I agree with you that Utd were missing players, and big game players, and I will hold my hands up and say, you simply outclassed us!

We weren't in the same division of style and skill....... but don't lumber us with our biggest prodigy being Liam Miller! I near choked reading that!

He had one good season, and showed himself alright in a lesser league, but the league situation isn't our doing...... we wanna move, but so far we aren't allowed.

McGeady is a special talent, but needs grooming, and I think WGS is running out of ideas..... he has a confidence issue when it comes to the final killer touch. His build up play is delightful and then I sit back and fear whats next.

Sutton, Hartson were quality, and proved it on the big stage...... perhaps the EPL isn't to everyones likings.

thered
23rd October, 2008, 07:27 PM
well i agree with one thing it would be better if you moved but scottish football would be finished if yourselves and rangers left

plus i dunno how you would fit in it would hardly be fair to jump straight in the epl at the expense of other clubs but it would be interesting and you would be able to compete again at a higher level

but i disagree with hartson and sutton mediocre players and they were finished by the time they got to parkhead

cantona7
5th November, 2008, 05:05 PM
well away leg tonight so i'm going on record for a 3-1 win for the champions of england and europe:beer:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!:beer:

:devil::devil::devil:

thered
5th November, 2008, 07:52 PM
i dont believe celtic will score tonight(probably get a couple now lol) i go for 2-0 but maybe with arsenal to come on saturday he may rest a couple and it may be a bit tighter

but an early united goal may see an avalanche of 4 or 5 as celtic will have to go all out attack and not sit back like they did at old trafford

even though celtic must win i think they will play carefully ane their priority in my opinion will just be not to get spanked

thered
6th November, 2008, 11:38 PM
well celtic did score i had to open my big mouth lol

gotta say most one sided draw ever but hats off to celtic they scored a good goal taken well on the only time they got out of their half and defended very well

doesnt say much about the standard of footbal in scotland though ferguson put a stronger team out for mighty hull city at home than he did for celtic away at parkhead i think that in itself tells its own story

portbhoy
7th November, 2008, 12:01 AM
Codswallop, I dont deny that Man utd where the superior team but you have one player that cost what our whole team costs. You didn't win and where very nearly beaten and it did take all your best players to get there in the end. One defeat in the 2006 season and some very well documented dodgy decisions in the 3-2 game and the 3-0 game. Like I said I know Man Utd are the better side but lay off the state of Scottish football patter, what where all the English results for the champions league?

jumpinjo
7th November, 2008, 12:31 PM
doesnt say much about the standard of footbal in scotland though

bull$hit

ferguson put a stronger team out for mighty hull city at home than he did for celtic away at parkhead i think that in itself tells its own story

yea it tells a story and that is alex aint a god and makes big bloomers now and again

victor1
7th November, 2008, 09:13 PM
I think it says more about the state of Man Utd, when they couldn't beat a decimated Celtic team with their multi million pound superstars. Your assesment is red tinted, the Celtic keeper hardly had a save to make, and Utd were awful in front of goal, now given that Celtic were missing their strikers, big Jan and Samaras,and other fisrt team regulars, Crosas, McGeady, Naylor, Nakamura(carried an injury)I think that on the night it was Man Utds failure rather than Celtics. There is no doubt Utd were the better team, but the gulf is there in terms of finances yet Utd still couldn't beat Celtic once again at Celtic Park ;)

thered
7th November, 2008, 09:52 PM
lets get one thing straight i wasnt knocking celtic they played with a lot of pride and passion they are a very big club

but the thing is im not knocking you just being honest scottish football is second rate in your own league you pass people off the park

you scored a good goal well taken but your game was based around 10 men behind the ball run like lunatics(which is why nakamura did not play)harass and get in thier faces it was a like an fa cup game when a good team play an inferior team they get up and at em and get amongst em

in all honesty dont take this the wrong way hull city are a better team the standard of football in england is much higher

yes you nearly got a result anyone can on their day coventry beat united last season in the carling cup exeter give them game a couple of years back

with celtics current squad they would be lucky to stay in the premier league that is not knocking scottish football just an honest opinion

i think the only way it will improve is if you lot come down to england to play your football

if you are honest i think most celtic/rangers fans would like to come and play in our league to test yourselves this will also improve your team and your finances and would be beneficial to both you and rangers

but i think it would just leave the rest to rot which is why i dont think it would happen

jumpinjo
7th November, 2008, 10:08 PM
celtic's home record in playing the cream of europes elite speaks for its self and admired by many and only a fool would ignore it

thered
7th November, 2008, 10:10 PM
celtics away record must speak for someone else then

victor1
7th November, 2008, 10:11 PM
Ok so your not knocking Celtic, then you go on to say Scottish football is second rate(of which Celtic are a part) Celtic have played Utd 4 times in the last two years, won 1, drew 1, and lost the other two with some very debatable decisions going Utds way in both of those games, I would certainly agree Celtic do not have the quality of Utd, but given a level playing field in financial terms, I would say Celtic or Rangers if they were in the EPL would hold their own, and within a very short number of years would be top six teams easily. Celtic had a number of key players missing the other night but still led Utd for 84 minutes, I know what your saying about one off games but I think your being unfair in this instance as it was a Champions league game which does carry a bit more prestige than your everyday one off games ! I personally wouldn't want Celtic in the EPL, I would prefer a super league, where we could compete against the top teams in Europe, but until there is a fairer financial system in place I feel Celtic will struggle to bring in the kind of quality teams like Utd can afford.

thered
7th November, 2008, 10:26 PM
fair points m8 but these are cup games england v scotland not the week in week out grind of a season your players couldnt run like that every week it was none stop blood and guts and the full celtic team credit too them were dead on thier feet at the end

you have a great club but the football is substandard you would struggle now in the premier to stay in but you are right in time as the money came in you would be a more attractive team to players and you would move up into the top half top six maybe

but i believe you would struggle for a year or two first

portbhoy
7th November, 2008, 10:28 PM
Hull City are a better team, you beem smokin mate :smokin: Thats just downright insulting, you need a reality check on that one!

victor1
7th November, 2008, 10:36 PM
Of course we would struggle to begin with, unless we got a multi million ??? backer from America or Russia or wherever and spent billions on players to buy our way to trophies !! The point is with our limited resources we have been punching well above our weight especially at home were our record is exemplory. The game the other night was a fantastic effort by Celtic especially due to the injuries they had, but given the quality of Utd I personally felt they were poor, and for the ??? in your front line if I was a Utd supporter I would be very dissapointed at their efforts.

thered
7th November, 2008, 10:53 PM
i think its getting taken out of context

i will clear it up celtic are a huge name in world football not just scotland a massive club with a huge fanatical support a true great in british football

they are on a global scale worth 10 of hull city but as a football team hull are a better side

money talks in football and unless you move you will just go backwards. 1967 will never happen again till top players want to leave england for scotland not championship players like the lad from preston or players who are shot like sutton ,liam miller wasnt good enough kenny miller not good enough shaun maloney not good enough to play in england

i am honestly not knocking scotland just being honest yes the premier has all the money but just be realistic fella's

the epl only has all the money because its attractive and has a lot of the worlds best players surely you must agree?

it apppeals to millions in different countries around the globe which in turn answers the question itself

if scottish football is as good as you lot make out why is all the money over the border and no body else is interested

so without being rude just try and take a step back and be more realistic you are a massive club in a small pond

portbhoy
7th November, 2008, 10:56 PM
Sighz...............

victor1
7th November, 2008, 11:15 PM
I notice your selective when naming players alledgedly not good enough since moving down to England, what about those who are succeeding, Petrov, Hutton, Gordon(Craig) Cuellar those are off the top of my head, I'm sure there is more, beisde as far as I'm aware Miller is still with Sunderland, and you miss a cruciall point regarding Liam Miller, Ferguson brought him to UTD, what does that say about his judgement lol

As for Hull being a better side your really showing a lack of knowledge or your being mischieveous, I wish Celtic were playing Hull in our next champions league match instead of Aalbourg, I would put my house on us winning no bother. I'm not however disrespecting Hull, they are riding the crest of a wave at the minute and I hope they continue, better than that I hope they get a european spot, why ? because it would show the EPL up, its a false league, with billions getting thrown at it, best league in the world !! not by a long way ;)
There is a case for the EPL to collapse as its debt ridden, and it took investment from gangsters to bolster it, the EPL has ruined football with its over inflated players and foriegn backers. Celtic and Rangers have a support base that is second to none in the world, and when that super league comes along we'll be in there with as good a chance as Utd or anyone else for that matter, roll on the day ;)

thered
7th November, 2008, 11:57 PM
none of the payers you mentioned have set the world alight petrov was a superstar for you i would say he is average for villa

but you are missing the point

the point is players who are no good,are good in scotland.

i never said that players from scotland cant play im saying players who dont cut it in england can get away with it in scotland

that is the truth you cant get away from it by the way we have a european superleague its called the champions league and until you get some domestic competition you will never get anwhere

the premier is built in the main on tv revenue the rich gangster chairman are just recent additions to the bandwagon

where does all celtics money go because the fans they have they should be able to at least try and get some big money buys in im not certain but i believe they have struggled or still struggle with debt as do most football teams

thered
8th November, 2008, 12:04 AM
Of course we would struggle to begin with, unless we got a multi million ??? backer from America or Russia or wherever and spent billions on players to buy our way to trophies !! The point is with our limited resources we have been punching well above our weight especially at home were our record is exemplory. The game the other night was a fantastic effort by Celtic especially due to the injuries they had, but given the quality of Utd I personally felt they were poor, and for the ??? in your front line if I was a Utd supporter I would be very dissapointed at their efforts.

i would just like to say that this post says more or less what i said in the first place you would struggle in the epl and you played well hats off to you

so where has all the upset come from

Liberator1985
8th November, 2008, 04:06 AM
man u rules

victor1
8th November, 2008, 07:12 AM
There is no upset lol its a debate ! I think you are being mischieveous though claiming Hull are better than Celtic and you know that comment would get a reaction, the same applies to your remark about players not being able to make it in the EPL, lets look at the facts, outside of the top 4 in the EPL how many teams have matched Celtic in European matches ? In the last 5 years, Celtic have reached the last 16 of Champs league twice and were beaten in the UEFA cup final, this with players who you claim are not good enough to play in England LOL.
There is no doubt the financial impact of Sky, and the burger backers from America etc have given the EPL the opportunity to buy quality players, but at what cost ? they have ruined football, and are squeezing out other leagues with over inflated prices ! Just look at Man City how much did they spend on Robinho ?
You have your opinion m8 and your entitled to it, but Celtic given a level playing field financially, would be winning your premiership and Champions league titles, we know thats not going to happen in terms of the ??? so I'll make do with my lot,
I've been a season book holder for over 30 years, nothings going to change that ;)

thered
8th November, 2008, 09:59 AM
thats basically what i said in the first place if you were in the epl for a couple of seasons you would grow and be able to compete dont think you would win it but you would do ok

you would also be able to build a better team than hull if you were in england but the fact is at the minute hull are a better side

i have seen them beat arsenal and spurs give united and chelsea a decent game they have played well

and give united a much tougher game than celtic in the both games we played no one can knock celtics home record it is superb but it is built on passion and graft rather than being a great side

i also think hull city would beat aaalborg just for the record home and away thus given the chance in one off matches might just make enough points for last 16 they give united a good game beat arsenal away who will both qualify for the last 16 of the champions league something celtic wont do

sorry just one more thing when you say outside the top four who can match celtics record in europe well the answer is no one because no one outside the top four can get into europe which if you were in the epl you wouldnt either so if you played in england your record would be as good as everybody else the fact is celtic are only really in the competition every year because they more or less get a bye

this post is not slagging celtic off it is being honest in where they are in football today and whilst the team is huge the quality of scottish football is dire which is my point

by the way united had more money and less debt before the americans took over the club was built on solid foundations till glazer took over and made huge profits every year

victor1
8th November, 2008, 11:21 AM
i have seen them beat arsenal and spurs give united and chelsea a decent game they have played well

I have seen Celtic beat Man Utd, Liverpool, Blackburn so what !

i also think hull city would beat aaalborg just for the record home and away thus given the chance in one off matches might just make enough points for last 16 they give united a good game beat arsenal away who will both qualify for the last 16 of the champions league something celtic wont do

Thats just nonesense, but your entitled to it as it's your opinion.

sorry just one more thing when you say outside the top four who can match celtics record in europe well the answer is no one because no one outside the top four can get into europe which if you were in the epl you wouldnt either so if you played in england your record would be as good as everybody else the fact is celtic are only really in the competition every year because they more or less get a bye

Wrong......Man City, Aston Villa, Spurs are all at present playing in Europe, if your going to make points at least try and be accurate.

this post is not slagging celtic off it is being honest in where they are in football today and whilst the team is huge the quality of scottish football is dire which is my point

You keep saying its not slagging off Celtic and then go on to demean everything about Scottish football of which Celtic are a part, as I stated earlier are you being mischieveous then ?

by the way united had more money and less debt before the americans took over the club was built on solid foundations till glazer took over and made huge profits every year

So why then did they need the burger millionaires ? Tell me how much ????has Ferguson spent to build a team that couldn't beat a decimated Celtic team ?

harry1986
8th November, 2008, 11:55 AM
Manchester United VS Arsenal today cant wait to watch the match come on man u you can do it :)

thered
8th November, 2008, 01:19 PM
Wrong......Man City, Aston Villa, Spurs are all at present playing in Europe, if your going to make points at least try and be accurate.

no 5hit sherlock funny cos you made the point specificaly about celtic getting to the last 16 in the champions league as far as i know none of the above have played in the champions league so try and be accurate as i said you wouldnt qualify if you were in england

So why then did they need the burger millionaires ? Tell me how much ????has Ferguson spent to build a team that couldn't beat a decimated Celtic team ?

united didnt need burger millionaires he needed them and took a hostile takeover to buy the clubs shares whilst financing it through millions of debt we were not struggling like chelsea with debt we were on sound financial footing so try to be accurate

you are right ferguson has spent millions but united make thier own money and dont have a sugar daddy like abramoviich

yes the reserves couldnt beat celtic away from home but then again we got beat at home of coventry last year who are in the championship

but that is the magic of cup competitions its not just about having money cos anyone can beat anyone on their day the point i made in the first place in my opinion is correct you are a poor team who looks good in the league they play in

you have heart passion and commitment but are lacking in quality you may be able to nick players off hibs but can you tell me the last player in their prime to leave england for celtic you will struggle to find one because while you are in that league you are sub standard compared to this side of the border

its not being racialist or abusive its just stating fact if you opened your eyes and looked at the bigger picture and you were realistic you are far from a quality side

victor1
8th November, 2008, 02:51 PM

no 5hit sherlock funny cos you made the point specificaly about celtic getting to the last 16 in the champions league as far as i know none of the above have played in the champions league so try and be accurate as i said you wouldnt qualify if you were in england

lets look at the facts, outside of the top 4 in the EPL how many teams have matched Celtic in European matches ? In the last 5 years, Celtic have reached the last 16 of Champs league twice and were beaten in the UEFA cup final, this with players who you claim are not good enough to play in England LOL.

Isn't it funny how you ignored the UEFA matches lol

[yes the reserves couldnt beat celtic away from home
Evra Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Carrick, Nani Berbatov, Tevez Rooney , Giggs. So this is UTDs reserve team now, lol at least be truthful when putting forward your points m8, as your doing your argument no favours at all.

[its not being racialist or abusive its just stating fact if you opened your eyes and looked at the bigger picture and you were realistic you are far from a quality side

There is very little fact in your argument as I have demonstrated above it is full of mistruths, now your either at it and trying to stir things or you don't know what your talking about, it can really only be one or the other, my guess is your at your lark, and to that end I'll finish here on this thread. But just before I do out of a matter of interest are you a season ticket holder at Man Utd or an armchair fan :love:

thered
9th November, 2008, 02:01 PM
Manchester United VS Arsenal today cant wait to watch the match come on man u you can do it :)

harry shut up you are a jinx lol

thered
9th November, 2008, 03:04 PM
Isn't it funny how you ignored the UEFA matches lol

yeh sorry about that in my own ignorance and sloppyness i did not read and check through what you had written properly and did not see what you had wrote:stupido:

so you got me there but it doesnt change the fact you would not have the same european pedigree if you were in england as you wouldnt qualify also the uefa cup is a nonesense mickey mouse cup finish 3rd in champions league group and you can still win it do me a favour its a farce yes you got to the final but in my book that puts you about on a par with the mighty middlesbrough

Evra Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Carrick, Nani Berbatov, Tevez Rooney , Giggs. So this is UTDs reserve team now, lol at least be truthful when putting forward your points m8, as your doing your argument no favours at all.

as far as i know this was the team that started

Foster, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, O’Shea, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Carrick, Nani, Giggs (c), Tevez

like i said reserves only ferdinand,vidic,ronaldo and carrick are currently first choice as proved on saturday giggs as of last season is of a squad player now and tevez ha sbeen benched since the arrival of berbatov

granted good squad players but the main players were rested with saturdays bigger game in mind(fat lot of good it did lol)

but only 4 players started against arsenal so i would class it as the reserve squad something similar to what goes out in the carling cup and before you say rooney and berbatov came off the bench i know we normally have a back up plan in the carling cup too so there is no mistruths in there

There is very little fact in your argument as I have demonstrated above it is full of mistruths, now your either at it and trying to stir things or you don't know what your talking about, it can really only be one or the other, my guess is your at your lark, and to that end I'll finish here on this thread. But just before I do out of a matter of interest are you a season ticket holder at Man Utd or an armchair fan :love:

and too answer the last bit i am not being mischevious just voicing an honest opinion that whilst a massive club you are second rate as a football team in my humble opinion you should do better than your record suggests if you are happy with not getting out of the group stage nearly every year then good on you but a club celtics size should be capable of a lot more you are underachievers and your league holds you back

is it 17 or 18 without a win away from home now not exactly a proud record is it i think it underlines my point that you lack quality it is not your clubs fault just the circumstances they have found themselves in,its just a weak league

there is not doubt im my mind that if you were in the epl for 4or 5 seasons you would grow into a force with the extra tv money and competition(you already have the fan base) but until that day arises you will be a second rate team compared to the rest of europes top clubs

so i will answer the last question which was very predictable am i a season ticket holder no i am not but i get to around 1/2 a dozen games a season
?1000 is a lot for a season ticket for me and the kids even though i would love to go every week

does that make me less of a fan or is being a fan for just people who can afford it ?

i could lie and say i have been a season ticketholder for the last 15 years for an easy get out how would you or anyone else know i was telling the truth

anyways i think i have made my point and it is only my opinion but i think most celtic fans would love to go a bit further in europe but if they are honest its scottish football thats holding you back

one day i might be able too quote a post properly lol

victor1
9th November, 2008, 09:01 PM
Again you miss the point, so in your opinion Man Utd put out a reserve team(which is b?ll?x) against Celtic, but then had to turn to the subs bench for the big boys, but still couldn't defeat a second rate team(in your opinion), now what does that say about Utd ? I not only think your being disrespectful towards Celtic, but also to the team you purport to support, to suggest that, Giggs, Tevez, Nani,Fletcher, and the lad who nearly got youse out of gaol yesterday Rafael, are reserve team players does them and your team a diservice, but to try and enforce your point your even prepared to mock your own team.

As for the season book I asked as a matter of interest , and no it doesn't make you any less of a fan, as a matter of fact I don't blame you for not purchasing a season book, given that most weeks you would be watching Utds reserves in action, now that would be an expensive hobby.

At this point I'll agree to differ on your comments, I feel your after a reaction and I'm falling for it lol good luck to your team (reserves or not) for the rest of the season, as I think you'll need lots of it(luck that is), as for Celtic we're not out of the Champions league yet lol I'm keeping my fingers crossed unfortunately we need Utds reserves to do us a turn against Villareal and I'm not confident that they will but who knows;)

PS I'll try and resist your next comment on this thread but I can't promise I won't lol

pps you must try the beer batter in the recipe forum, it's beautiful ;)

thered
10th November, 2008, 03:46 PM
thing is though what does it say for celtic when our manager thinks he can rest most of the first team for sarturday (bigger fish to fry) some might say

the manager always picks his team looking at forthcoming games so in his opinion did not see the merits of putting a first team out at celtic

he thought it was wiser to save for the emirates but it ~~~~ed up both ways lol

so i will just change the angle a bit as my point is only that scottish football is poor an is holding you back

so instead what is your honest opinion on the overall state of scottish football does it hold you back

you cant win away and dont win that often at home,yes you give united a game but its england v scotland a real cup game in which although you got a draw you were by far an inferior side

so in your honest opinion where do you think you stand compared to the epl (3 semi-finalists in the champions league)

because honestly hull were a better side than celtic over the two games we played so would you sit,

top 4,top ten or somewhere near the bottom ignore money and stuff where do you honestly see yourself on the big stage

ron292001
20th November, 2008, 06:21 PM
silly game way to easy for united

jumpinjo
21st November, 2008, 06:46 PM
silly game way to easy for united

another fool rambling on

thered
21st November, 2008, 07:18 PM
who is the other

auldyin146
4th December, 2008, 10:08 AM