PDA

View Full Version : Volvo ME7 Launch control

tempaccount123
1st February, 2022, 12:18 PM
Hi, i'm kind of new to this forum and i'm searching for help. As I am a complete beginner to chip tuning, i try to search for as much info as possible, and now i encountered a problem. I want to make some kind of a launch control to my volvo s60 2.3T5, which has ME7 ecu, and dont actually know where to start. Base idea that i believe is that i should retard ignition timing at specific rpm to the point it won't alow rev more, but as i heard, volvo's maps are very dependable on each other. Mayne someone would help me find right path and explain what should be changed and why in order to archieve what i seek?

Lambda1
1st February, 2022, 09:12 PM
Owh damn, got nefmoto forum and read there for the 2-step / LC... and disambling of ME7.
Good luck mate.

tempaccount123
3rd February, 2022, 04:59 PM
Thanks, thats useful forum, also maybe you have amy idea where i could find xdf or damos file for my ecu? there are lots of similar ecu's but none are close to exact match

Lambda1
3rd February, 2022, 05:03 PM
For volvo its really hard to get correct stuff but you dont need xdf or damos for your request...
You need ide to disable your code and knowledge about your rom / ram...

tempaccount123
4th February, 2022, 01:31 PM
okay, what exactly should i know? i kind of able to identify where and how big some map is, can find axles by mysel, and general idea of what does what. What do you mean disable code? you mean i should understand everything what everything does there?

Lambda1
4th February, 2022, 06:36 PM
sry, not disable... dissamble :) (reverse engineering).