PDA

View Full Version : ip address

eddcole
16th February, 2010, 01:40 PM
Hi there. is there any software that can work out what ip range a network is on. it is not on DHCP and could be on any range so what settings can i put in my pc and what software is best to then find this out.

Thanks in advance

Edd

Dreamer
16th February, 2010, 02:02 PM
It might be best if you tell us what kind of network you are trying to connect to?

Home, work, wireless ?

There are programs which you can use to hack into wireless networks but I am not sure about other types of network.

I'm not sure the extent of your network knowledge so it is difficult to know exactly what you are trying to do. Pleas supply more information about the network type you are trying to access.

eddcole
16th February, 2010, 02:30 PM
Its a wireless network, I have the wep key but the network isnt broadcasting the ip.

halometal
19th March, 2010, 02:49 PM
Hi, if you goto the command prompt and type in ipconfig /all that will bring up your ip address and default gateway etc. Ip addresses are split into classes.

Class A
The first octet will start with a number between 1-127

Class B
The first octet will start with 128-191

Class C
The first octet will start will 192-223

If you're on a home network your ip will fall into Class C

Hope this helps

Halometal:devil:

jjdude
27th June, 2010, 05:53 AM
Wireless network usually broadcast SSID not the IP nor the subnet. The router has an option to "broadcast" or "not to broadcast" the SSID. You just have to check the configuration to ensure that you are broadcasting your SSID.

sandancer
18th July, 2010, 07:55 AM
Hi there. is there any software that can work out what ip range a network is on. it is not on DHCP and could be on any range so what settings can i put in my pc and what software is best to then find this out.

Thanks in advance

Edd
hi ya any problems will be solved on major geeks .com read the forums first on right of web page to navigate to your problem then go to left side to get all software loads of stuff good luck:(

starsky
13th August, 2010, 01:39 PM
Check with some sniffer what ip the other computers has, then after you find that out you know the range

lmsvvavr
19th August, 2010, 07:07 PM

Thanks in advance

Edd

Hi
try this...

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/413921856/ipscan12.zip.html)

hinko
19th August, 2010, 07:23 PM
If u are trying to connect to the nearest wifi, you could try few common router factory defaults such as 192.168.0.xxx, 192.168.1.xxx, 10.0.0.xxx, 10.0.1.xxx, ...

Where xxx best guess would be 2 - 250, leaving out the most common router address such as 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.254..

If lamer left the router defaults for local ip addresses you can get lucky

hinko
19th August, 2010, 07:24 PM
Sorry for this double post.. my mobile device tricked me in thinking the 1st was not made
:banghead:

jugghack2
21st August, 2010, 02:09 PM
program is angry IP scanner and You will need to know arround what IP you are getting to set it up properly to scan or it will take for ever to scan all ranges
Hope this helps

Regards,

ikeakayke
21st August, 2010, 08:47 PM
@eddcole: The scanning of the ips in the network is not a good ideea 'cause computers must be on, they might have consecutive ip's in a limited range like from 11 to 31. If I understand correctly you have the default gateway but don't know the netmask which gives you the range. If you post the ip you tried and the gateway (usually ending in 1 or 254) I can recommand a netmask.

bazare
22nd August, 2010, 07:37 AM
angry ip scanner is a little to slow for my taste. But if you dont rush it does the job. After you find some info about the network then you can restrict the search and do it again and again hoping you will discover all computers o the network.

itr703
22nd August, 2010, 09:18 AM
it is not on DHCP and could be on any range so what settings can i put in my pc

Edd

What IP does your network card get ?? (check with ipconfig).
Why did you conclude is is not on DHCP ?
Ever thought of the possibility that the wifi is mac-adress secured and that's the reason you do not get an IP from the wifi ?

Regards,

ITR703

----------------------------------------------------
Please consider the Thanks button if my post is usefull

georgegt
22nd August, 2010, 10:58 AM
The wifi is hiden ?
if is hiden give up

itr703
22nd August, 2010, 02:30 PM
The wifi is hiden ?
if is hiden give up

Why ? By hidden you actually mean it is not broadcasting it's ssid but data is still going through "the air" and since topicstarter has the wep key he can still decrypt the data I think ....

Regards,

ITR703

Please consider the Thanks button if my post is usefull