PDA

View Full Version : DM500 Little question from 500c newbie

dadof2littlemonsters
18th October, 2008, 07:51 PM
Hello
i have been lurking a while and just made my first post after taking delivery of a 500c from dvbmonkey (shocking delivery time 22!! days)
i currently have a 500s with pli-jade running in it no troubles, can i use the same image for my 500c or is there another better image out there? i'm not sure if its just the emu/cams that are different or if the images are built for speific models.
thanks for reading.

dadof2littlemonsters

scuba
18th October, 2008, 08:58 PM
not sure about the pli image but u can use dk1.1 on both 100%:cool:

Donnie Darko
18th October, 2008, 09:11 PM
All base images are c + s compatible

Curious123
18th October, 2008, 09:59 PM
If you know your way round a particular image than your better off sticking to that image. All images are designed for satellite and adapted to cable so you shouldn't have any trouble using the Pli image for cable in fact I find that the Pli mage is more cable friendly than most other images.

dadof2littlemonsters
18th October, 2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the replys guys
I have tried many images on my dm500s and the pli-jade image is great for my needs. if the image is gonna work with my 500c then i think ill stick with it.

no doubt i'll continue playing aroung with different images, i have downloaded the dkv1.1 image and will try that once i have it all sussed out.

once again thanks for the replys

dadof2little monsters

alliv
19th October, 2008, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the replys guys
I have tried many images on my dm500s and the pli-jade image is great for my needs. if the image is gonna work with my 500c then i think ill stick with it.

no doubt i'll continue playing aroung with different images, i have downloaded the dkv1.1 image and will try that once i have it all sussed out.

once again thanks for the replys

dadof2little monsters

hi m8, just wanted to know what the 500s will give me that is worth getting one.

dadof2littlemonsters
19th October, 2008, 09:16 PM
Hi alliv
if football is your sport then a dm500s with a motorised dish will give you endless fun. plenty in the way of adult programming aswel if thats your thing.
and loads of movie channels too
with the capabilities that any linux reciever has there is much that can be achieved, most of which cant openly be spoken about but google was my best friend when getting started.
have a read of the sat dreambox section im sure most owners are as enthusiastic about their box's as i am mine. :)