PDA

View Full Version : XPROG M USAGE

locks85
16th February, 2010, 08:34 PM
Hi, its my first post in this very well setup forum so straight to the subject.
I just got my original xprog m but unfortunately i didnt find in the box any usefull pictures showing how to use the programer, how to connect it to the turget mcu, actually i bought it just with the bdm adptor for using it to read eeprom from ews4 and cas modules. I know i should have asked the manufacturer for these pictures and informations but the truth is i am so excitet i cant wait. However sooner or later tmt will answer but i do have a spare ews4 in my workshop that i would like to know how to do it yesterday.
I hope i didnt upset some one with my post.
Regards
Marinos

bricolo
16th February, 2010, 08:40 PM
hi
look this
regards

locks85
18th February, 2010, 09:23 PM
Dear Friend, thanks for that but i have that manual. Think is i am not so much qualified although i am using upa programmer, etl programers, experienced with eeproms in general , however i would feel better if i had a picture of the xprog m in action before i mess up something. Paulius is having holidays now and i cant wait. So its just using ordinary cables, twist 2 of them together as in the diagram and that is all ? I have a used ews4 to play but if i destroy it from the begenning i will have nothing. Are you using the x prog m reguralry then if you dont mind me asking ? Any photos to share please ?

z786
18th February, 2010, 09:29 PM
Load up your XprogDesktop software, click Device selet the mcu u want 2 know about, and bottom left side shud be a button Show Connection Diagram.

Job done

locks85
19th February, 2010, 05:08 PM
Dear Sir,
I tried to follow instructions, i can find the same mask from ews4 both in secured and non secured in the list with differrent connections. I chosed the one i must scrape 2 of the wires and twist them together, but when i try to read i get a message like i should put bdm adaptor on the programmer but is already there.
From your experience what am i doing wrong ? i took some photos if you need.
Regards

z786
19th February, 2010, 08:51 PM
what version are you using? "xprog m" or "xprog m rev E"?

another_seller
13th March, 2010, 05:33 AM
I just got my original xprog m but unfortunately i didnt find in the box any usefull pictures showing how to use the programer, how to connect it to the turget mcu, actually i bought it just with the bdm adptor for using it to read eeprom from ews4 and cas modules. I know i should have asked the manufacturer for these pictures and informations but the truth is i am so excitet i cant wait. However sooner or later tmt will answer but i do have a spare ews4 in my workshop that i would like to know how to do it yesterday.
Regards
Marinos hi, m8, deem I can support you on EWS4, see pic :wink:

almlohe
21st March, 2010, 02:17 PM
i have xprog m it is not work i need pin for 93c46
thanks

bram380
21st March, 2010, 05:51 PM
i have xprog m it is not work i need pin for 93c46
thanks

This data sheet 93xxx by Atm (http://www.atmel.com)el & micro (http://www.microchip.com)chip

almlohe
23rd March, 2010, 08:32 PM
This data sheet 93xxx by Atm (http://www.atmel.com)el & micro (http://www.microchip.com)chip
thanks sorry but ineed file for ee (93c46) in bord for xprog m
thaks
omar almlohe:questionmark::love:

bram380
23rd March, 2010, 09:03 PM
thanks sorry but ineed file for ee (93c46) in bord for xprog m
thaks
omar almlohe:questionmark::love:

I haven't real xprog-m

More data sheet eprom (usually for odometer):

almlohe
24th March, 2010, 10:29 AM
hi
sorry but i dont need data sheet i need file ee (93c46) for xprog m
thanks
omar almlohe

bram380
24th March, 2010, 07:18 PM
hi
thanks
omar almlohe

Why you not try to contact the seller...:questionmark:

Hi friends waiting a few days, I've bought xprog-m (clone) is the process of delivery.
I will try to identify all components, especially EPROM and may also MCU.
Of course make backups when the damage occurred.

Example Read & write (http://rapidshare.com/files/367681936/93c56a_reprogram_video.rar) eprom.

branco
24th March, 2010, 07:25 PM

Hi friends waiting a few days, I've bought xprog-m (clone) is the process of delivery.

backup of what?
mcu protected
regards

almlohe
24th March, 2010, 07:28 PM

thanks ivery very thanks

pirilla
31st March, 2010, 09:42 PM
I have just received my xprog-m clone and I have a question.

When I open xProgDesktop and plug xprog via USB, software recognizes COM5 as programmer, but any LED lights in xprog.

Is this normal?

I haven't wires to connect it to any device and test and I am impatient!!!!

Thanks.

GolfmkI
31st March, 2010, 09:58 PM

When I open xProgDesktop and plug xprog via USB, software recognizes COM5 as programmer, but any LED lights in xprog.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

I will receive mine next week.....what about adaptors???? How much adaptors has? Comes you in a Wallet with all adaptors???

When receive it I will tell you if mine works like you.

GolfmkI
31st March, 2010, 10:01 PM

Is this normal?

Thanks.

ONly has usb connection or have also com connection, has you any pic of yours??? I have not seen any pic of connections and adaptors.... Thanks

obdmaster
31st March, 2010, 10:06 PM

Is this normal?

Thanks.

Yes no leds are lit till you read a device m8

pirilla
31st March, 2010, 10:08 PM
It comes with lots of adaptors, but mine not in a wallet.

It has RS232 (COM) connection as well as USB. USB connection is only a USB-RS232 bridge.

Right now I don't have pictures, but tomorrow I can take pics and show you.

Thank you obdmaster! I feel better now knowing it m8.

bram380
3rd April, 2010, 01:27 AM
hi
thanks
omar almlohe

I've tried to read the EPROM 93c46 with SmarPro x8, but there is no data in it and empty.

I have try also with MProg 3.5 but still the same, there is no data in it.

Certainly, authorizations code stored in the ATmega64. (http://www.atmel.com)

branco
3rd April, 2010, 07:14 AM
I've tried to read the EPROM 93c46 with SmarPro x8, but there is no data in it and empty.

I have try also with MProg 3.5 but still the same, there is no data in it.

Certainly, authorizations code stored in the ATmega64. (http://www.atmel.com)

93C46 is not emty
maybe atmega erased it
I will read mine ( 93C46) and send here
regards

pirilla
3rd April, 2010, 10:05 PM
I have been trying to read a device with my new X-Prog-M (clone from obdfactory) but I have some trouble:

-Programmer didn't come with USB drivers, so my laptop recognize it because I have had installed other USB-Serial converter, but I don't know if drivers are right. I have test in other PC, but I don't have drivers for USB, so I couldn't use USB.

-When I clic "read" button, no LED lits and no Voltage in supply pins in dip8 socket (i'm trying to read 93c46 serial eprom). Allways appears "Device is silent", but this message appears if X-Prog-M is not connected to serial port, so I'm confused about its meaning...

Does someone know what's happening???

obdmaster
3rd April, 2010, 10:16 PM
I have been trying to read a device with my new X-Prog-M (clone from obdfactory) but I have some trouble:

-Programmer didn't come with USB drivers, so my laptop recognize it because I have had installed other USB-Serial converter, but I don't know if drivers are right. I have test in other PC, but I don't have drivers for USB, so I couldn't use USB.

-When I clic "read" button, no LED lits and no Voltage in supply pins in dip8 socket (i'm trying to read 93c46 serial eprom). Allways appears "Device is silent", but this message appears if X-Prog-M is not connected to serial port, so I'm confused about its meaning...

Does someone know what's happening???

if using by comport needs external 15vdc power supply m8

pirilla
3rd April, 2010, 10:22 PM
I forgot writing it.
For serial test I have connected 15V external power supply, but same results as USB test.

branco
4th April, 2010, 01:48 PM
I forgot writing it.
For serial test I have connected 15V external power supply, but same results as USB test.

in environment you must set usb port
and soft comes with usb drivers
regards

pirilla
4th April, 2010, 04:21 PM
in environment you must set usb port
and soft comes with usb drivers
regards

In environment it recognizes programmer as COM6, like a serial port (pluggin in USB) because windows recognizes it like USB-Serial converter.

My soft was only one .exe file that installs XProgDesktop.
Do you have other file with drivers?

branco
5th April, 2010, 05:14 AM
In environment it recognizes programmer as COM6, like a serial port (pluggin in USB) because windows recognizes it like USB-Serial converter.

My soft was only one .exe file that installs XProgDesktop.
Do you have other file with drivers?

use search button friend
it ishere in forum
regards

pirilla
5th April, 2010, 08:56 AM
I'm sorry but I can't find drivers seaching the forum. If I search "x-prog-m drivers" only this post appears, and if I search "drivers" thousands of posts....

Help will be apreciated.

Zmann
5th April, 2010, 09:13 AM
I'm sorry but I can't find drivers seaching the forum. If I search "x-prog-m drivers" only this post appears, and if I search "drivers" thousands of posts....

Help will be apreciated.

I think you can use the original one here:
| AUTO SERVICE "TMT" - XPROG-m downloads | (http://www.tmt.lt/downloads.html)

florinyes
5th April, 2010, 09:36 AM

Help will be apreciated.

Tomorrow I'll get back to work and I'll upload full cd mate.

bram380
5th April, 2010, 11:12 AM

Help will be apreciated.

This is xprog-m driver

pirilla
5th April, 2010, 02:00 PM
Problem solved.
Now I can read/write 93C46.
Tomorrow I will test with MCUs, but obviously programmer is working OK.

Thank you all !!!!

wael_sukr
6th April, 2010, 03:07 PM
Regards
Marinos
i use xprog any question please ask
when you select the device there is connection poton help you to connect this device to xprog

parapilot
6th April, 2010, 07:18 PM
anyone get EWS3 Kline to work? Im struggling, all i get is a flashing green light, and initilising.. iv got 15v power to. :( Clone btw.

mexanico1971
15th May, 2010, 02:25 AM
Hi peaple ! thas anyone knows how to make the connections to 374 , 104 pins to x-prog divice ! and what usb- com shold y put x-prog 1 or 2 because whem i install the soft apears in (com 7) and at baud ! 9600, or mor ?!
thanks in advanced ?
regards !

locks85
12th September, 2010, 09:37 AM
Hi i did one 2L86D in the past, now i am trying my second one and when i press read i get DEVICE SILENT.
Please help

locks85
12th September, 2010, 01:35 PM
So i did it, problem was with the drivers, i dont know why but i just had to reinstall them. Remember i am using the original tool just for reference.
Regards
locks85

hamza338
26th September, 2010, 01:02 AM
Problem solved.
Now I can read/write 93C46.
Tomorrow I will test with MCUs, but obviously programmer is working OK.

Thank you all !!!!

hi m8.

can you let me know how are you managed to read 93c46 because i have the same prob with this message device is silent.

thanks.

Fallen
26th September, 2010, 10:18 AM
I had a lot of issues with "device is silent" when reading large MCU's, I was powering it externaly with a 12v 1.5 amp power supply.
I swapped it to a 19v 3.4amp power supply off my laptop and it worked 100%.

cqae
27th September, 2010, 09:05 AM
do you do that even when the software says it wants a 15v power supply fallen?

By the way, I just used your tms370 guide, it was very helpful, so thanks!

Fallen
27th September, 2010, 01:59 PM
Mate, I didn't have a 15v power supply handy, I figured a few axtra volts wouldnt hurt right...
I bet it even made it work faster! ;)

Glad to help mate.

xito
28th September, 2010, 12:52 AM
I have XPROG 4.5 M with Atmega64 damaged how can I copy the ATMEGA64?

Thanks to all

gtmech
28th September, 2010, 11:12 AM
hi m8.

can you let me know how are you managed to read 93c46 because i have the same prob with this message device is silent.

thanks.

Get a UPA Programmer aswell buddy.

UPA is perfect for 93c46 where as X Prog-m is perfect for other types of chips like 2D47J. The UPA has the adaptor board for the 93C46, just solder it on and plug it in and your done, X Prog is not so easy with the 93c46.

Its best to always have a UPA and a X Prog-m.