PDA

View Full Version : Samsung D500

AirShowNut
18th October, 2008, 08:53 PM
I have just been given a mobile phone,which i was told i could have for my son,by a friend.Problem is that the screen displays the words "Phone Freezed".
My friend informed me that he had tried to unlock the phone to all networks,but obviously failed.My question is - Does anyone know of a "code" to input and remove the "Phone Freezed" message ? I have looked for days all over the net but to no avail.The phone is a Samsung SGH D500.Any help much appreciated.

Devilfish
19th October, 2008, 05:37 PM
If it's pre-2006 then you could try this...

Switch phone on without sim and enter :-

#*7337#

Then phone will reset ... and it is unlocked....
If it's newer than 2006 then you'll need a data cable and software to unlock it.

It might be that the phone is actually blocked in stead of locked because it's been tried and failed more than 3 times. A datacable should sort you out.

AirShowNut
19th October, 2008, 05:49 PM
Alas i could not see any images refered to in your post m8.
The code #*7337# has been tried and does nothing.
The phone,i am told,is pre-2006.It is not locked as in the pin code has been entered too many times,ie the puk code is needed,it is simply saying that the "phone is freezed" (that is actually what it says and not a typo).I have checked all the lock status and the only one locked is the network lock,which is the one i need to unlock to be able to use the phone.I'm hoping it can be done without the need of an unlocking clip as i dont think the phone would be worth the cost of the clip.
Cheers.

Canker_Canison
28th September, 2010, 11:58 AM
Don't bother with that site, it's just spam.

Pop it into a shop that unlocks phones & get them to read the codes.

The 'freeze' is caused by incorrect unlocking. There is a second code that will unfreeze the phone, it just needs typing in.
Not sure on what free software is out there but a shop should have no troubles solving this.