PDA

View Full Version : Renault scenic key or key reader

wizz2c
16th February, 2010, 09:47 PM
hi i have a scenic 53 reg come in today with CARD NOT DETECTED displayed on the dash, i do have both keys but to be honest there both in poor condition,one of them i can get to work if i take it out then back in several times, so im now thinking is it card or the reader. any thoughts appreciated . thanks:dontknow:

Meat-Head
16th February, 2010, 10:09 PM
you need to check with other users to be 100%, but the word through the grape vine is that reno say to change the cards every 5 or so years, dude.

nutloose
17th February, 2010, 01:28 AM
read the cards with zed bull... if they are failing change them,

if not- read the live data with clip and see what's going on.

card readers do fail... less often than the cards though

wizz2c
17th February, 2010, 01:53 AM
read the cards with zed bull... if they are failing change them,

if not- read the live data with clip and see what's going on.

card readers do fail... less often than the cards though

thanks i will test card tomorrow. do you thinks its likely that if the key is at fault it could this intermittent?

also could a second hand card be re-used on another car?

foxtec800
17th February, 2010, 08:04 AM
magane cards do fail alot, sometimes if you remove the card and turn it around and re insert it will read.
you can use second hand cards but the card has to be split and the transponder (id46 i think) has to be changed as they lock once programmed..i`d go for a new card as they are now only ?60 from stealer..

wizz2c
17th February, 2010, 10:03 AM
magane cards do fail alot, sometimes if you remove the card and turn it around and re insert it will read.
you can use second hand cards but the card has to be split and the transponder (id46 i think) has to be changed as they lock once programmed..i`d go for a new card as they are now only ?60 from stealer..

thanks goin to order new card today i'll post results

xant14
17th February, 2010, 10:11 AM
I have the same problem, laguna keycard. One key works good, but I have to push the other card in and out , turn it around, wiggle it to get it to work. It works fine with the door locking. New battery etc.
Last time I checked with dealer it was about ?120 - 150 for a key.

Can anyone tell me a dealer that does it for ?60 ish?

parapilot
17th February, 2010, 11:17 AM
Do these weekly. Cards are not good at all. new one should solve your problem.

J

wizz2c
17th February, 2010, 05:40 PM
ok i have checked with stealer 120 plus vat and five days to to get it, i have another key to hand so i broke it open to see what could be wrong, i found that the solder joint to what looks like an anntenna amp was broken,armed with this info i added a pen lid to the key to act as a wedge to push the joint together when inserted in the reader and car starts every time. i know this is temp but at least customer can drive car until new key arrive's. see pics:wink:

foxtec800
17th February, 2010, 05:44 PM
thats the transponder link thats broken,,
can you code these yourself if so try this link for card if needed.

Hickleys :: Keys and Remotes for Renault Vehicles (http://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics/keys_list.php?manu=31)

scroll down // megane..scenic same card id just different wording on key..

takes 5 days from dealer due to emergency key cut to chassis

wizz2c
17th February, 2010, 05:57 PM

Hickleys :: Keys and Remotes for Renault Vehicles (http://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics/keys_list.php?manu=31)

totally forgot about hickley cheers matey

Meat-Head
17th February, 2010, 09:00 PM
Do these weekly. Cards are not good at all. new one should solve your problem.

J

please explain, though Xavair or Claudie who ever in franch proggrammed chassis number in advance, please explain, thanks

Meaty.

Ashraf6119
18th February, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hi

I was just wondering if there are any good Tool Kit to open this Key Cards without breaking them.

Any link for buying them would be a great help.

Ash

wizz2c
19th February, 2010, 10:49 AM
Hi

I was just wondering if there are any good Tool Kit to open this Key Cards without breaking them.

Any link for buying them would be a great help.

Ash

that would save a fortune,or maybe just being able to buy a new case would be nice , going to do me a search on this

pincode
20th February, 2010, 06:21 PM
Hi i have just started a similar thread to this,has anyone ever tried to change the chip in one of these keycards,as i have a few used ones & would like to make them blank once again,so they can be reprogrammed.is it as simple as just changing the chip or does the chip have to be preloaded with some software 1st
regards pincode........

ramhalo
11th June, 2010, 03:08 PM
does any1 know if there are shells available anywer in this world cos there seems to be a shortage of these cards and those who do have stock are charging an arm an leg for it.and to answer ure question Pincode "is it as simple as just changing the chip or does the chip have to be preloaded with some software 1st". the chip has to preprogrammed with renault logic to work.....the original zedbull can do that for you..

tomasete
15th June, 2010, 05:04 PM
Hi,
somebody said in this thread that megane and scenic cards are compatible,
are there any others like laguna with megane or similar? somewhere in the net i read that somebody that owned a laguna had a problem with his neighbour?s megane cause the card would open both cars... if it is possible to use megane cards for lagunas that would be great to save money as they are cheaper

Anyone knows about that?

regards, tomasete

ramhalo
17th June, 2010, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=tomasete;638609]Hi,
somebody said in this thread that megane and scenic cards are compatible,
are there any others like laguna with megane or similar? somewhere in the net i read that somebody that owned a laguna had a problem with his neighbour?s megane cause the card would open both cars... if it is possible to use megane cards for lagunas that would be great to save money as they are cheaper.

hey tom:listen:.the laguna card does not fit in the scenic or megane slot an once the card gets coded to a car its locked to that specific car

tomasete
17th June, 2010, 06:16 PM
I am not sure of what i am saying, but if you can get not by vin (unprogrammed) megane cards just virgin ones, you can program them on a scenic, somebody told me (did not try yet)

I do not say used cards, just new ones

so I have to forget about that then, will have to buy laguna cards for lagunas.... whot about space and vel satis cards?

drivesure
17th June, 2010, 06:55 PM
megane and scenic use the same cards. you can code a laguna/velsatis/espace card to any of the vehicles as it can go into all the slots. the megane cards does not fit the lagunas etc.

cruito00
3rd July, 2010, 03:57 PM
help..i have a renault scenic II and key doesnt work..can unlock but cant start

vessel
5th July, 2010, 09:33 PM
Very helpfull info regarding quick repair of the card.Seems like I have the same problem.Could save me a trip to the dealer and pay 200 pounds for a new card(I live in Denmark, so everything regarding cars cost a ton).

Rito
5th July, 2010, 09:56 PM
totally forgot about hickley cheers matey

Why you said this?
Hickley not good company??

Do you know where can bay renault card keys good price??

nazz2
7th July, 2010, 09:35 PM
sorry guys dont want to contradict anyone in here,but ido a lot of renault card programming and laguna and megan card are not interchangable!,i tried it once,a laguna in megan ,both id 46,but it didnt work! lucky for me the card didnt get blocked!

i buy mine from here 3D Group Uk - Nottinghamshires Autolocksmiths (http://www.3dgroupuk.com)

however i think this guy is the cheapest but i have never bought from him(although im going to soon)

RENAULT -- ABC Locksmith Tec Co.,Ltd (http://www.abc-lockkey.com/05-chanpin/p-001.asp?styleid=42&cp_id=6)

?56 each if you buy 3 to or more,$25 for half killo shipping.so you can imagin how many you can buy and it comes with emergency key!!

with regards to using second hand ones,you can if you have a zbull and access to pcc7947,which hicklies are going to supply soon.you simply change the soldered pcf3947,hence you can use the card like new.

nazz2

jonathanbb
6th December, 2010, 07:40 AM
I am also having this problem with both keys.

Will try repair the one. Thanks for the tips

xant14
13th December, 2010, 12:12 PM
i buy mine from here 3D Group Uk - Nottinghamshires Autolocksmiths (http://www.3dgroupuk.com)

nazz2

Just to let you know, these quoted ?130 for a new Laguna Key, with emergency key, and programmed.
My local dealer charging same price, ?130 but without emergency key. I have two anyway.

tomasete
13th December, 2010, 12:21 PM
help..i have a renault scenic II and key doesnt work..can unlock but cant start

you will have to open it and solder probably is the bobine the round piece probably has a broken contact
regards

pilot
13th December, 2010, 12:22 PM
I have tried this but to no avail. After speaking to a friendly renault mechanic i was given the number of an absolute genius, who virginised my ecu, its just like buying a brand new ecu from renault with-out the renault prices, plus the bonus of being code free. Car now starts every time!!! Extra bonus i also have lost that annoying miss-fire. Only wish i had Tradestops number from the start would of saved over ?900.....:barscarf: