PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Off Some Steam....I hate "fanboys"!

Raven
18th October, 2008, 10:24 PM
Okay what's the deal with "fanboys" leaving maximal ratings for games listed on Amazon before the said games are even out yet ?

That really pisses me off (and no I haven't done it myself) because they haven't even played the games in question yet, nobody in the public has and yet these fanboys are rating the games as 5 stars, then the people who want to post on it telling them about their stupidity make it worse because then they HAVE to rate the game as crappy or average just to make a point (not done that either) and really it just wrecks the whole point and purpose of reviews for everybody else later down the line who think about buying these games when they are out and yet it could all come down to some fanboys like or dislike of a game they never even played at the time of "review" as to wether or not a person buys the game or not for better or worse and it's not right....there's other reasons too why I hate fanboys (they don't accept reality of fact versus their love for a game franchise/console or whatever....in other words they won't admit when "their game" is shit even if it genuinely is and they insist on playing their game even though they might know it's crap this year or perhaps gone downhill but they never admit it - my example's hypothetical but also true) but this rating games before release or play on amazon kind of thing is totally unecessary and over the top and it's not even informative, accurate or even funny....it's just plain annoying.

Can fanboys not just go away and die and let real people with their heads screwed on enjoy the reality of gaming ? Because the industry and people in general would be better off without fanboys.

Rant over lol.