PDA

View Full Version : AIRBAG ECU CLEARING??

electromech
16th February, 2010, 10:52 PM
Good day I was just wanting to know if it is safe to clear data in airbag ecu and will airbags deploy if vehicle is involved in another accident cause I have heard that the "g-sensor" in the module can only work for one crash can anyone shed some light on the matter .AS USUAL THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND RESPONSE!!!!!

simon77
16th February, 2010, 11:08 PM
you will only know if you were to drive into a wall i have asked this question before but no response . i belive when they are crash testing cars they use the same ecu over and over agian to make sure it works so should be ok

electromech
17th February, 2010, 12:33 PM
Come on guys so many of you are doing crash clearing can you all honestly say you dont know if it is 100% safe?

AvechuchoAxel
17th February, 2010, 01:35 PM
Come on guys so many of you are doing crash clearing can you all honestly say you dont know if it is 100% safe?

Before I start doing this business ...I did try and investigate for many months about SRS units reusable capabilities... I did many controlled deployments using several units many times . So far, for what I have experienced... airbag modules are going to be ok for at least 3 deployments...

If after the third deployment, if customer still need to buy a new SRS unit...better advise to sell the car and burn out the driver license.... He is a serious public threat and for himself. :devil:

Axel

PremierD
17th February, 2010, 01:48 PM

The only thing in this life that is 100% certain mate ....is death...and Taxes...(quote from someone famous)...
Now have you ever seen a new vehicle mangled ... and the air bags still not deployed ...? and then someone clips the kerb too hard ...and they all deploy... and thats New cars mate ... truth is ..you never know whether they will work ..so If you are not sure mate..do not clear them ..May give you piece of mind ..

BR.