PDA

View Full Version : thwe box 3 super. new software. please help??

tonybubble
18th October, 2008, 10:52 PM
hi. i have purchase a starview 3 box (original one) off ebay and the secret menue option is not on there when you type the 4 digit code in.
i have got the cable and plugged it into my computer. ive downloaded software off this site.
when i press download, the downloader doesnt go off 0% and then says
gtrom-super-6.00e. flash update failed.
can you help please?
all the port is set up properly on the computer.:banghead:
its doing my head in now.
can anyone please help?

bugaloo41
19th October, 2008, 09:26 AM
Theses boxes are very easy to flash so it could be something at your end.

Link below is the latest software (to the best of my knowledge). To flash (assuming its like s`view2).

1. Plug in starview to the wall and join null modem cable up between box and pc.

2. open up gtrom loader - if you have used a different com port on your pc (default is com1) change the com port setting where it says "serial port". Personally i would just ensure that you use com port 1 on your pc unless its knackered.

3. The bin file looks to be built into this loader so just press download and it should start to download. Wait circa 5 minutes until you get download successful message (or words to that effect).

4. Plug your box into tv and ensure cable connection is in correctly.

5. Using remote go to menu then installation and scan for channels.

6.The secret menu will only be required to unscramble some channels. Once you have all the channels go into this (you should be able to access this if the box is flashed correctly) and set emulation to on (again i am assuming this is like a starview 2 in that respect.

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Starview 3 The Box Super GTRom v8.00e 22/06/2008 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/starview-3-box-super-gtrom-v8-00e-22-06-2008-275/)

Barnsley Bill
19th October, 2008, 10:28 AM
flick the power on the mains at the wall,to start the flash...

tonybubble
19th October, 2008, 02:42 PM
hi, i have done as you have said. and pressed download but after 30seconds it says "flash failed".
my com port is correct.
it just wont do it. any other advice please?

bugaloo41
19th October, 2008, 03:59 PM
Are you sure you are using a null modem cable and not a serial cable?

tonybubble
19th October, 2008, 04:33 PM
hi. im using the cable that came with the box. its like an old joystick connector.
is this the wrong cable?
cheers

bugaloo41
19th October, 2008, 04:58 PM
If the cable came with the box it should certainly be a null modem. Have you tried flashing from a different com port - assuming you have more than one on your pc. Could be a faulty com?

tonybubble
19th October, 2008, 05:54 PM
ive only got one port like that connector on my computer.
it says the com port is workin g properly.
cant plug it anywhere else.
think im gonna have to get someone to do it for me.
cant understand why its not working.

bugaloo41
19th October, 2008, 06:08 PM
Neither can i mate. Could be a faulty box. Can you not try a mates pc - sounds like you are doing everything ok.

jaytag
19th October, 2008, 08:11 PM
i had this prob with mates box switch box off with everyting still connected get 800 grt rom ready and press ok for download as soon as you do that switch box back on and it should catch it maybe have to try it a couple of times

satsmo
19th October, 2008, 09:45 PM
Some suppliers make the mistake of shipping a standard straight through RS232 cable instead of a null modem cable. Dont ask me why but I have seen this happen on numerous occasions.

Do as said and try it from another PC, after that its more than likely the wrong cable.

legendshane78
4th November, 2008, 07:50 PM
Does any one else have any probs with itv4 or setanta sports news? on the box 3

trevor1969
5th November, 2008, 04:21 PM
have you sorted now with version 8

gm_1000
29th November, 2008, 10:04 PM
Can I please download this too?

t778bbd
21st June, 2009, 12:30 PM
been needing this file :)

rfarooqui
23rd June, 2009, 06:22 PM
hi can anyone give me the link for new software for the box super 3 pleaseDownload:Download:

maca
23rd June, 2009, 06:23 PM
hi can anyone give me the link for new software for the box super 3 pleaseDownload:Download: here you go m8 ..maca ..http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/