PDA

View Full Version : Key cutting machine information

armpower
17th February, 2010, 02:06 PM
Hallo

Anyone in the key cutting and reprogramming business can give me some advice about key cutting machine?
I've seen some pdf' about this machine (mainly Si lca) but i've some questions.
Which model is suitable for cutting keys like Fiat new style,VW ,Mercedes,Bmw (I think these are laser type keys).
I've seen also some cheap' china or taiwan key cuttin machine.
Anyone have experience about this machine?
Another question , some software extract from dump also the key cutting code.Which key cutting machine can cut a key with cutting code?
Any help appreciated.
Thank you

AUS-MAN
17th February, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hallo

Anyone in the key cutting and reprogramming business can give me some advice about key cutting machine?
I've seen some pdf' about this machine (mainly Si lca) but i've some questions.
Which model is suitable for cutting keys like Fiat new style,VW ,Mercedes,Bmw (I think these are laser type keys).
I've seen also some cheap' china or taiwan key cuttin machine.
Anyone have experience about this machine?
Another question , some software extract from dump also the key cutting code.Which key cutting machine can cut a key with cutting code?
Any help appreciated.
Thank you

The two big players in Computer code cutting machines are Silca and Keyline/Bianchi. For laser keys Silca make the Viper, Triax and Quattrocode. Keyline/Bianchi make the 994 and Versa.

The machines your interested would be Silcas Viper or Keylines 994. Both have onboard codes which mean they dont require PC software to run. I personally have a Silca Viper and use it every day. Very reliable machine. I prefer Silca over Keyline but that’s my personal opinion.

Anyway i see you’re from Italy home of both Silca and Keyline.

gokey
18th February, 2010, 06:05 AM
good for cutting keys Fiat, Mercedes, Opel
SILCA : matrix sx , matrix slx

Fallen
18th February, 2010, 07:39 AM
The Silca Triax is an amazing piece of gear that does not need to be hooked up to a computer. It's pretty hard to stuff up a key with it. If you wanted to cut conventional keys on code, you can't go past the Silca Unocode. The later models from 299 on are the shot. You will have to drive the unocode from a pc though to get the most out of it. Instacode is a very good piece of software you will need.

armpower
18th February, 2010, 12:12 PM
Ok.
I've seen some pdf' about SIlca 'machines.
I've some doubts about that:
1)Can Silca Matrix slx cut Latest Fiat keys (Like Fiat Stilo,Lancia Ypsilon).And other automtoive' laser keys?
In the brochure ,SIlca mentioned some laser keys, but i'can't find any useful advice about cutting Fiat 'keys.
The profile is similar to Vw,Audi blade keys.
Next i've take a closer look to Viper and Bianchi 994.
Viper seems to cut Fiat' keys, but in Bianchi 994' brochure can't find
anything about Fiat' keys.
Another question is:
How much will cost a key cutting machine like Viper or 994?
Thank you very much for your support.

AUS-MAN
18th February, 2010, 12:46 PM
Ok.
I've seen some pdf' about SIlca 'machines.
I've some doubts about that:
1)Can Silca Matrix slx cut Latest Fiat keys (Like Fiat Stilo,Lancia Ypsilon).And other automtoive' laser keys?
In the brochure ,SIlca mentioned some laser keys, but i'can't find any useful advice about cutting Fiat 'keys.
The profile is similar to Vw,Audi blade keys.
Next i've take a closer look to Viper and Bianchi 994.
Viper seems to cut Fiat' keys, but in Bianchi 994' brochure can't find
anything about Fiat' keys.
Another question is:
How much will cost a key cutting machine like Viper or 994?
Thank you very much for your support.

Forget the Matrix it?s a duplicator. You can buy code adaptors for each keyway but they are very expensive. It?s cheaper to buy a Viper then Matrix with all code adaptors.

Your only options are Triax, Viper, 994. If you are not going to cut dimple keys save the cash and buy the Viper.
Silca and Keyline are both made in Italy, I?m sure you can find a local price!

armpower
18th February, 2010, 03:36 PM
Ok

Thank you for your help and for your clear explanation.
If i need some more info's i'll write here. :)
Have a nice day.

estate
18th February, 2010, 09:41 PM
you can use a set of depth keys and a duplicator if you know what you are doing, there are some very good chinese machines now, but as said silca viper is the best at the mo, but at around ?6,000 it's a lot of wedge!

armpower
19th February, 2010, 08:00 AM
Just for information.
Which are good china' kutting machine, for example?
Which makers are good?