PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Help - Setting up a 500S for the first time.

Iekos
19th October, 2008, 12:58 PM
Hi Guys,

I just got my 500S from DVBMonkey.com and I need help setting up please. I have a few questions.

I have a 'service' that will give me the 'channels' I want. They require I have CCcam 2.09 installed then edit the CCcam.cfg.

My current setup is a SkyUK dish that the last home owners used.
I have a 500S which has access to the internet.

Where do I start? What image do I install? Everyone always recommends the Gemini 4.50 MaxVar but is this the correct image?

Once I install the image, I can edit the CCcam.cfg which is in var/etc but what else must I do to ensure I get all the channels?

Thanks in advance :)

firestorm
19th October, 2008, 03:27 PM
DO NOT PUT gemini on it this will kill your box try nabilo then you can download Cccam via pressing the yellow button twice.To edit your Cccam.cfg file you will need a program called DDC(dreambox control centre)by service i asume to mean cardsharing you must also create a dynamic ip address (no-ip is free just google)also you must open some of your ports in your rooter i think it is against the rule to show you how to c/s here

Iekos
19th October, 2008, 03:59 PM
DO NOT PUT gemini on it this will kill your box try nabilo then you can download Cccam via pressing the yellow button twice.To edit your Cccam.cfg file you will need a program called DDC(dreambox control centre)by service i asume to mean cardsharing you must also create a dynamic ip address (no-ip is free just google)also you must open some of your ports in your rooter i think it is against the rule to show you how to c/s here

excellent.

Thank you for that.

I Already use Dynip but I need to know what ports to have open on the router. Any ideas?

And yes, service meaning CardShare.

Curious123
19th October, 2008, 10:12 PM
Most people open 12000 as the default port for C/S.

Iekos
20th October, 2008, 12:03 AM
Got it working.. It wasn't that bad at all to setup..

Thanks for all your help :)

PS. DVBMonkey.com also thanks for your help too. :love:

.: JaCkPoT :.
20th October, 2008, 12:26 AM
Glad youll be going sleep in peace now. Thanks to our helpers firestorm and curious. Now you can help others who need similar help hopefully.

firestorm
20th October, 2008, 07:04 PM
sorry i could not get back to you i have had internet problems

bigboy99
21st October, 2008, 08:03 PM
so guys with out starting a new thread i have to get my dm500 install nabilo edit the cfg and bang it works the ip adress its the one that my internet uses its a static one should this be ok

firestorm
22nd October, 2008, 02:26 AM
use the Dynip address you made

Iekos
22nd October, 2008, 07:30 PM
I'm a bit confused..

Where do you insert your static IP or domain? In CCcam.cfg? And if so where?

firestorm
22nd October, 2008, 10:12 PM
On the M line you have only your ip/dyndns and your password. M: { your.dyndns.com { password }}
On the D line you have the peers listen to where you want connect.D: { 192.168.1.5 { 8000 7000 { AAA1234 { A3 A3 }}}}

Curious123
22nd October, 2008, 11:35 PM
Guys even though firestorm is doing a great job can I just suggest you go to eurocardsharing.com and checkout the thread 'beginners guide to cardsharing'. There is no way that all your questions about cardsharing can be answered in this thread or this forum.

cgscott
22nd October, 2008, 11:40 PM
Makes interesting reading though!

firestorm
22nd October, 2008, 11:56 PM
totaly agree with you Curious123 he need to go there and do some trial an error who you are shareing with will help you they can even set up your box over the net if you open the right ports

Curious123
23rd October, 2008, 12:07 AM
@firestorm I am glad you agree with me as I didn't want you to feel I was trying to undermine the fine assistance that you were trying to provide to all of these people. I think cardsharing is far too complex for a beginner to understand without some initial reading or research.

firestorm
23rd October, 2008, 12:16 AM
no offence taken at all m8 i am glad you said it.It was starting to go away from what this forum is about.i dont mind pionting some one in the right direction but they need to know the basics first then i will help if they get stuck and ask for help

tahvall
24th October, 2008, 07:46 AM
nice avatar firestorm :D