PDA

View Full Version : First time using Kess

the_big_d
4th March, 2022, 06:44 PM
Hi guys, I'm looking to do an EGR & DPF delete on my own car a 2010 Peugeot 4007 (basically a re badged Mitsubishi Outlander).
I've just bought a clone Kess unit to have a play about with. So far i've not connected it to the car yet just installed it & navigated around the program.
The main thin i want to check is there is no listing for the Peugeot 4007 or the Citroen C-Crosser. There is a listing for an Outlander with EDC16CP39 which is the same ECU as mines, will it be OK to read the ECU under the Mitsubishi?
I intent to read it then modify the file with DaVinci but will probably run it by you guys first.
How safe are the Kess clones? Obviously i intend to use battery support.

figani
4th March, 2022, 06:49 PM
Hi guys, I'm looking to do an EGR & DPF delete on my own car a 2010 Peugeot 4007 (basically a re badged Mitsubishi Outlander).
I've just bought a clone Kess unit to have a play about with. So far i've not connected it to the car yet just installed it & navigated around the program.
The main thin i want to check is there is no listing for the Peugeot 4007 or the Citroen C-Crosser. There is a listing for an Outlander with EDC16CP39 which is the same ECU as mines, will it be OK to read the ECU under the Mitsubishi?
I intent to read it then modify the file with DaVinci but will probably run it by you guys first.
How safe are the Kess clones? Obviously i intend to use battery support.

a free advice...
donīt do that ecu by obd...

the_big_d
4th March, 2022, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the reply, why not do by OBD? Is this with any tool or just Kess?
The way i was looking at it there are plenty of used ECU's on ebay for not a lot & a used ECU on this vehicle can easily be matched to a different car with Diagbox. Thinking about it i may just get a spare ECU & experiment with that one.
I initially enquired about this to a local mobile remapping guy I asked him if he needed the ECU removed & he said no he would do it by OBD?

Smart66
4th March, 2022, 07:35 PM
It'll be better that you use KTAG :)

marianro2007
4th March, 2022, 09:32 PM
Of course can be done by OBD, but using genuine tools.

figani
4th March, 2022, 09:37 PM
Of course can be done by OBD, but using genuine tools.

I have only genuie tools, but problems with this kind of ecu...
but ok, maybe you have more luck...

the_big_d
5th March, 2022, 05:35 PM
Ok i’ve just ordered a spare ECU for Ģ30 off ebay. I’ll pair that to the car first & experiment with that, if it goes wrong i’ll just stick the original ECU back in & ive only lost Ģ30.
i’ll update how it goes.