PDA

View Full Version : saturday kick offs from a static dish

ptercook
19th October, 2008, 09:05 PM
is it possible to pick up all sky channels and the channels that broadcast the saturday prem football from a static dish or would i need a motorised dish?

.: JaCkPoT :.
19th October, 2008, 09:59 PM
Youll need a monoblock or a multi lnb holder. But make sure the dish is a decent size.

ptercook
20th October, 2008, 09:01 AM
Youll need a monoblock or a multi lnb holder. But make sure the dish is a decent size.

thanks for that. could you tell me what satalites / channels i would need for saturday kick offs? also how big a dish?

much appreciated

20th October, 2008, 09:46 AM
1west and 19e. 1 metre will do fine.

thered
20th October, 2008, 09:59 AM
im no satellite genius but i dont think you can get 1d west and 19.2 east from a monoblock

i think you need a motor correct if im wrong please

ptercook
20th October, 2008, 10:13 AM
1west and 19e. 1 metre will do fine.

wouldnt you need 28.2e as well for Sky UK ?

thered
20th October, 2008, 10:20 AM
yeh sorry m8 half read the post you want sky as well dont you yeh you definately need a motor m8

firestorm
20th October, 2008, 08:15 PM
the best you could hope for of a static dish would be 13e 16e 19e but that would not get you sky as thats on 28e but would get live football,films and ~~~~

ptercook
20th October, 2008, 09:11 PM
the best you could hope for of a static dish would be 13e 16e 19e but that would not get you sky as thats on 28e but would get live football,films and ~~~~

looks like its going to have to be motorised. can you recomend some kit? is there any chan the broadcasts sat footy in hd with english commentary ?

20th October, 2008, 09:55 PM
You can view 1w upto 19.2e from one dish using a multi lnb holder with 20 degree seperation and 28.2 from another dish using a 3 way diseqc switch. You can include other lnbs to on the holder but all lnbs will have to be skewed in a certain way to work. Its possible but obviously the motor is the easier. If you want more info on the multi lnb holder setup then please ask but a 90cm on a motor will be the more conventional.

20th October, 2008, 10:00 PM
Oops.just spotted this post
is there any chan the broadcasts sat footy in hd with english commentary ?
There is only two providers who do. That is digitalbHD and canal+sportHD.(not english) Canal sport is viewable with 2 diablo2.3cam and others but digitalb is only via cardsharing. And obviously the other is sky sportsHD.

firestorm
20th October, 2008, 11:00 PM
i would not bother with digitalb as it has been crap this year dont tell darkman lol,Sky italy i found to be the best this year but like sadiq99uk says its only open with card sharing,Prem on 19e is always good pic with english audio but not yet in hd,The best for fooball is showtime but you will need a very understanding wife as the dish will be bigger than your shed

20th October, 2008, 11:08 PM
Darkman only advertises digitalb.
The dish for showtime will be bigger than the house, never mind the shed lol there are many easy ways to watch the prem but hDs not as easy yet!!
Even if darkmans gang did split digitalb apart, i dont think hell make the files public just coz he advertises it and makes money.
Any one heard of tring they might be good.

firestorm
20th October, 2008, 11:21 PM
i dont even know if they are showing live 3pm elp football on digitlab yet after they put the price any way it was like watching it through a pair of the wifes tights lol not tyred the hd yet as i am waiting for the dm8000 to come out i hope your listening father christmas i promise to be good all next year

20th October, 2008, 11:38 PM
@firestorm Where does your 1.5m dish face?

firestorm
21st October, 2008, 12:05 AM
it was for 7west butthe feed horn and lnb are not up to it so i use it for 1west as were my other dish is i get problems with trees

21st October, 2008, 12:16 AM
it was for 7west butthe feed horn and lnb are not up to it so i use it for 1west as were my other dish is i get problems with trees

Wow. You 1m looks tiny. Hehe. Why not buy i new feedhorn? Where abouts are you located?

firestorm
21st October, 2008, 12:17 AM
the wife has put a stop on spending on my sat stuff till after xmas ,I am in wigan

21st October, 2008, 12:23 AM
Showtime shouldnt be too bad from there on the good days when you get sun burn :-)

firestorm
21st October, 2008, 12:25 AM
dont get to mutch sun in wigan lol plenty of rain i can pick some of the verticals up on the 1meter on a good day

21st October, 2008, 12:31 AM
1.5 should do good then. There is much more 3pm's on showtime than 1west so it should be worth it.

firestorm
21st October, 2008, 12:33 AM
i have done very well this year i ve not missed one liverpool match yet touch wood

22nd October, 2008, 04:22 PM
Missed one arsenal game thanks to my receiver messing up and premiere showing the liverpool game.

22nd October, 2008, 04:24 PM

Why not upload the pic to the show us your satellite setup thread. It will be well appreciated.

firestorm
22nd October, 2008, 11:01 PM
done it mate:marchmellow:

ptercook
23rd October, 2008, 09:44 AM
done it mate:marchmellow:

gotta say it im sure its been said before but you have THE most distracting avatar ive seen on a forum

23rd October, 2008, 09:26 PM
gotta say it im sure its been said before but you have THE most distracting avatar ive seen on a forum

Not the most distracting, its the most attracting lol