PDA

View Full Version : New iphone

niko8
18th February, 2010, 10:49 PM
Hi, my contract is just up and I am looking at getting an iphone for my new one. I've been with the carphone warehouse and they have been phoning me trying to get me to take a new contract.

I was going to hold out until the release of the new iphone in the summer(if thats when it might come out) however when I told the guy from the carphone warehouse this he told me they had received a letter from Apple saying the new iphone wont be getting released for quite some time. Is this true or is he just trying to get me into a new contract now?

Do you think its worth waiting or should I just go for the 3gs now?

Cheers,
Nick

MxWill
18th February, 2010, 10:59 PM
there allways released june ish id wait personly

niko8
19th February, 2010, 12:04 AM
Thats my feelings but what about the guy from the carphone warehouse? You recon he was just lying to get a sale?

MxWill
19th February, 2010, 12:18 AM
with the couple of times i have used them i would say yes hes chasing sales

ianmac
19th February, 2010, 01:41 AM
I think there will be an iphone version 4 but it might be a bit later, now they released the ipad.

If you gonna get an iphone I would be tempted to have a look @ Tescos, as they started doing them from Dec 14th.

They have got some very good packages, the best part about it is they are on 12 month contracts (not 18 or 24 months),
also pay & go, you might pay a bit more for the initial outlay but they offer you 12 months 0 % intrest to pay it back.
The network they use is with O2.

:wink:

http://www.mobilecomputermag.co.uk/img/fckImages/news/2009/12/tesco-iphone/tesco-o2-orange-tariff.gif

If you shop @ Tesco they even give you double or treble clubcard points... lol

iPhone - Tesco.com (http://direct.tesco.com/p/inc/specials/iphone/)

Every little helps... :party : & I hope this help you :devil:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f110/tesco-iphone-tariff-undercuts-rivals-72219/

--- Ian ---

:ciao:

niko8
19th February, 2010, 02:22 AM
Thanks Ian! I didn't know they were doing them but will certainly give them some thought now! I like the idea of a 12 month contract...them if the new iphone does come out its not so long to wait before I can go for one :)

Im on o2 just now so im guessing i wouldnt need to bother with a pac code or anything? hmm...

theres a 24 hour tesco just down the road! might just need to go for a drive just now! ;)

cheers, nick

ianmac
19th February, 2010, 02:52 AM
Thanks Ian! I didn't know they were doing them but will certainly give them some thought now! I like the idea of a 12 month contract...them if the new iphone does come out its not so long to wait before I can go for one :)

Im on o2 just now so im guessing i wouldnt need to bother with a pac code or anything? hmm...

theres a 24 hour tesco just down the road! might just need to go for a drive just now! ;)

cheers, nick

No problem nick, the way phone technology is changing it is not worth tying youself into anything over the 12 months as you will regret it later m8.

I am not sure if the iphone will be available in the stores or if it it just online.

You won't need a pac code if you are staying with the same provider, you can even keep you same number, just get them to transfer it over.

My iphone 3G contract has now ended & I am on a 30 day iphone sim only contract, so just waiting for when a good phone comes out that I like, then I only have to give the 30 days notice to cancel.

--- Ian ---

:ciao: