PDA

View Full Version : BIG PROBLEM WITH A4 TDI

SIMCAR2
18th February, 2010, 11:24 PM
HI

I have a very big problem with A4 TDI 2.5 TDI 163CV.
When i have reprog ecu with galeto , my pc has bug.
Since the car don't start, the fan work any time.

How i can restart the car?????????

hamza338
18th February, 2010, 11:26 PM
try boot mode

SIMCAR2
18th February, 2010, 11:45 PM
HOW

Could explain me, please?

easytech
19th February, 2010, 12:47 AM
Try to flash it on the table, see attached docu.
Otherwise remove the flash and use a programmer.

gezame
19th February, 2010, 02:44 AM
HI

Hi
Desolder.
Regards.

delboyrodney
19th February, 2010, 02:54 AM
i think you must open the ecu

read the memory and program it with original dump

it should be works

rsibiza
19th February, 2010, 07:35 AM
HI

Hi.

As i know, a starting Fan is showing ECU is death.

Fan is Ground controlled by ECU,and errors during writing can destroy ECU's.

A Friend of me had this with a R32 ME7.1.1,this ECU can only be flashed by byteshooter with pull up resistor,or at table adding an resistor between some pins of 29F800,he did it usin MPPS on diagnostic.

After write failed,Fan startet.

Desoldered and replace 29F800,but no change,reflashed it and no change.....

I think you have same case.sorry

Best regards.

drivergabriel
19th February, 2010, 09:08 PM
1:dismont ecu, program-it on the bench with original flash. the car will start!
2:program-it with ,,tunned'' file on the bench (bdm100). older but best solution.
3:this are result of ,,chineese'' tools..

SIMCAR2
19th February, 2010, 10:51 PM
next week, i try to reprog flash directly and i post result.

Thanks

rsibiza
20th February, 2010, 12:46 AM
2:program-it with ,,tunned'' file on the bench (bdm100). older but best solution.

3. Is correct,but a bad flashed 29f800 will not do start the fan.

I dont believe it will work,

But i hope for you it woeks. Can you please post here result?

batpepi
21st February, 2010, 01:25 AM
Yes,will start fans if ecu is empty.Open the ecu and desolder the flash.Hope you read the data before try to write new one?
If you have not ,write me pm with ecu ID and will send you ori.
Ecu location is -left side near to wiper-will need to remouve lft wiper to open the black box

SIMCAR2
21st February, 2010, 11:00 PM
OK

But i don't have programmer for this eprom.
I post result when i have solution for program this.

rsibiza
22nd February, 2010, 08:17 AM

Serial programming tools will not recognise ecu,same as cloned galetto as original geletto will not recognise it.

The BDM100 is also the chinese name for a shitty cloned cmd flasher,because real BDM100 is designed for EDC16 ecu s not edc15,so it would not work on this ecu

electromech
22nd February, 2010, 08:39 AM
Just a thought I got away with this a few times but not with this car . basically get another car like this and go in the system and prep vehicle for reprogramming and just as it is about to reprogramme swop ecus and program once it has sofware on it then you can reprogram properly to your vehicle eg vin,tune..........I am not saying it will work but it is worth a shot!!!

SIMCAR2
24th February, 2010, 09:12 AM
PROBLEM SOLVED

I have reprog 29F800 with programmer and car start.....

Thanks

rsibiza
24th February, 2010, 11:23 AM
PROBLEM SOLVED

I have reprog 29F800 with programmer and car start.....

Thanks

Glad for for you m8.

What did you learn by this lession.

For reprogramming ecu s,dont use crap for 50usd,it s not reliable.

Best regards.

Lorien
22nd March, 2010, 08:30 AM
Hi all,
sorry to post here (...maybe I should start a new thread) but I have a couple of questions related to EDCs and I'm sure that I could get some help here!
My intentions is to buy new equipments to change mileage in dash and auto ECUs and I've started with VAG group since are many Audi/VW cars around here. My first intention is to aquire Smelecom' VAG DASH PROG to deal with odometer calibrations in dash pannels BUT I have a problem when it comes about EDC16! After two days of searching, I didn't find any valid interfaces beside VAG K+CAN Commander one. I've been working with a clone of it (1.4) for almost two years now but it's useless when it comes to EDC16 and new dashs.
Do you have any suggestions for me and want to share?
Thank you for your time and patience,
Lucian

P.S. VAG DASH PROG deals with VW EDC15, at least this is what i saw on their lists but I don't have any experience with this equipment so I can't confirm anything.

rsibiza
22nd March, 2010, 09:36 AM
Hi all,
sorry to post here (...maybe I should start a new thread) but I have a couple of questions related to EDCs and I'm sure that I could get some help here!
My intentions is to buy new equipments to change mileage in dash and auto ECUs and I've started with VAG group since are many Audi/VW cars around here. My first intention is to aquire Smelecom' VAG DASH PROG to deal with odometer calibrations in dash pannels BUT I have a problem when it comes about EDC16! After two days of searching, I didn't find any valid interfaces beside VAG K+CAN Commander one. I've been working with a clone of it (1.4) for almost two years now but it's useless when it comes to EDC16 and new dashs.
Do you have any suggestions for me and want to share?
Thank you for your time and patience,
Lucian

P.S. VAG DASH PROG deals with VW EDC15, at least this is what i saw on their lists but I don't have any experience with this equipment so I can't confirm anything.

You should search for R200 & R250 vag group edc16

regards

Lorien
22nd March, 2010, 11:46 AM
Hello rsibiza,
thank you for your reply! Just consider that I'm not so familiar with these therms "R200" or "R250". I do know there are two interfaces (saw on smelecom web site) which have the same name but they mention that i have to solder few wires (?!?!) to make mileage change. Could you be more specific? An example of interface which make mileage correction on edc16 using car' diagnostic connector would help me a lot!
Thank you in advance!

P.S. VAG K + CAN commander seems to be too expensive for my budget ... unfortunately so.. it's out of the question ofr now.

rsibiza
22nd March, 2010, 12:50 PM
Hello rsibiza,
thank you for your reply! Just consider that I'm not so familiar with these therms "R200" or "R250". I do know there are two interfaces (saw on smelecom web site) which have the same name but they mention that i have to solder few wires (?!?!) to make mileage change. Could you be more specific? An example of interface which make mileage correction on edc16 using car' diagnostic connector would help me a lot!
Thank you in advance!

P.S. VAG K + CAN commander seems to be too expensive for my budget ... unfortunately so.. it's out of the question ofr now.

If soldering some cables will be a problem,please dont touch dashes starting over edc16....

Lot of dashes ...bmw,fiat,and.....etc....need to solder wires to microprozessor,lift pins....cut tracks....

You will not find a tool that will make all brands by diag.

Lorien
22nd March, 2010, 03:38 PM
Hello again,
there's no problem about soldering wires... I do that almost daily. I know that I have to solder wires when I want to do km/miles changes in dashes. Maybe I wasn't too specific, I want to avoid detaching EDC16s from the car and solder wires to its FLASH/EEPROM memory. I would prefer instead changing km/miles over OBD2 interface.
So, leaving dashes aside, is there any interfaces which can do mileage correction to EDC16-based ECUs using OBD2 interface ? I know that there's something for Opel but I'm interested in Audi/Volkswagen.
Thank you and I appologies for my low-level english!
Lucian

z786
23rd March, 2010, 01:14 AM
try vag dash can or magic dash can

Lorien
24th March, 2010, 08:58 AM
Thank you z786,
both interfaces are pretty good! Unfortunately I'm not sure which one is better... maybe magicdash, maybe not. I do like the fact that I can make free updates (at least this is what I understand until now). Is there anyone who have experience with magicdash? It is better than vag dash com?
Regards,
Lucian

Carsmi1985
24th March, 2010, 12:17 PM
try boot mode

Lorien
27th March, 2010, 02:23 PM
@ Carsmi1985: please, could you explain what "boot mode" means? I'm a newbie and I do not know these therms, especially in english language. It's possible that in my daily basis to do something similar to what are you refering to but not be aware about the therminology :) Yes, I'll google it to gather further knowledge.
Kind regards,
Lucian

rlemos
28th March, 2010, 12:49 PM
Hello again,
there's no problem about soldering wires... I do that almost daily. I know that I have to solder wires when I want to do km/miles changes in dashes. Maybe I wasn't too specific, I want to avoid detaching EDC16s from the car and solder wires to its FLASH/EEPROM memory. I would prefer instead changing km/miles over OBD2 interface.
So, leaving dashes aside, is there any interfaces which can do mileage correction to EDC16-based ECUs using OBD2 interface ? I know that there's something for Opel but I'm interested in Audi/Volkswagen.
Thank you and I appologies for my low-level english!
Lucian
Si quieres puedes buscar un aparato que se llama ENIGM:questionmark: creo que con el podr?s configurar las unidades, que deseas, yo antes reparaba Diga y conozco algo de las otras, actualmente no s? como funciona ninguna de ellas pero hace unos meses ?sta era para m? la que mas cosas hac?a.
Escribo en espa?ol porque de ingl?s ni idea.:vollkommenauf:

joseisi
29th March, 2010, 12:14 AM
Ol? Rlemos, onde lo posso comprar eso aparato?