PDA

View Full Version : ok whats the cheapest setup to remap cars

Wideon
19th February, 2010, 03:26 AM
ok im looking to get started in the mapping world

i have a lapprog+ chip programmer so im very happy to open and remove any kinda a chip as long at it has legs and its not a bga chip

what what the cheapest and the best like i see kwp2000plus and that kinda stuff is very cheap and im looking for the best cheap setup..........

i have looked at CMD and Genis but 5500 is a lot to start with out having a clue and there gotta be cheaper ways

next im going to look at WINOLS as if ya crack that i think ya there 99% there so come on but P.M me are help me out with the WINOLS

i am looking for a way to do the checksums that the only really head banging stuff i dont get my head round it

Wait for ya lads to contact me :)

thanks

oldford
19th February, 2010, 10:49 AM
There's no cheap way to do it.
You have a rolling road or engine test bench, 4-gas analyzer, knock detection and those kind of things?

tachonow
19th February, 2010, 10:58 AM
For the first cars that you want to broke try Galetto 1260. Can do a good job if you have tested maps. Dont try to make yourself them.

Wideon
19th February, 2010, 09:58 PM
y cant i make my own mapps i thought that was the way and the way forward

electromech
19th February, 2010, 10:26 PM
Good day I am also looking at a "cost effective" tuning solution but you need to know that it doesnt take much to melt a piston and if you get it wrong engine rebuilds aint cheap and not to mention repeat visits due to mil light on. None the less if you find a way PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Wideon
20th February, 2010, 12:58 PM
so been looking around and i see the Galetto 1260 full ( MB /BMW /eobd ) and the bdm100 ( bentchflashing ) both clones from china looks like the best setup to start ( that looks like the reading writing is sorted ) now on to winols

i am looking to get my head round winols can anyone help

thanks

speedy100
11th January, 2011, 12:39 AM
Sorry to say but Your approach to the subject shows that You are confusing ECU reprogramming, chip tuning or any way You want to name it with the Video games...
The only advise is to go get educated on the subject if You are really interested. It will take You about four years of University level education. Then You can come back and ask questions. They will be different type of questions. I guarantee You this.!

Sorry my friend... but You are talking about a very non official, very specialized, very risky and very EXPENSIVE trade here. There is no free ride into this. You must invest in TIME (education) and MONEY (equipment) first and then give it a try...

Speedy100

so been looking around and i see the Galetto 1260 full ( MB /BMW /eobd ) and the bdm100 ( bentchflashing ) both clones from china looks like the best setup to start ( that looks like the reading writing is sorted ) now on to winols

i am looking to get my head round winols can anyone help

thanks

drakov
11th January, 2011, 01:30 AM
Experienced tuners/mappers who have spent many years learning what they know and spending many thousands of pounds investing in the right tools to do the job, is a bit like you saying I have a spanner, a hammer and a screwdriver and planning to open an engine rebuild shop, the first and most important thing to do is read and learn a bit more about what you plan to do as it sounds like you have been mis-guided a little. To start with the "toys" you plan on getting are great if you have a project car and want to "play" a little, but if you intend to play with your new business adventure I am afraid it is doomed before you have started. I don't know any knowledgeable tuner who would be willing to offer you help or advise simply because as mentioned above, first you need the right tools (knowledge,experience,proper hardware), otherwise they will be wasting there time.

Can you tell us what experience you have in the auto sector? How much you intend to spend? Decided which cars you wish to work on? Are you capable of Re-Mapping a file?

Stanton
11th January, 2011, 09:54 PM
You could spend ?10,000 on "engine remap tools"........doesnt mean you will be able to make a decent tuned file.....

There is a distinct void between proper engine calibration and what you are talking about, and knowledge & experience is the only bridge.

grinovsky
11th January, 2011, 11:00 PM
i think that you must start by learning diagnostique engine ,it let you anderstend how it work
and when you will have a good experience on this it will be easy for you to do an other step

grinovsky
11th January, 2011, 11:07 PM
i don't know if it will helpful for you but this is how i start

http://www.formadiesel.com/ (http://www.formadiesel.com/)

the knowledge is the secret of succes

del635
13th January, 2011, 12:14 PM
I think you should just buy a franchise off a reputable tuner, be around 2-3 grand start up and a hundred or so each file and although thats a bit more than a kwp its the only way your going to increase hp and keep customers by simply hitting buttons on a keyboard. The way you want to do it will take you years and cost as much with breaking stuff. Sorry to say but the ebay kwp and 'disc' adverts are complete lies.

otzi
13th January, 2011, 02:31 PM
I think you should just buy a franchise off a reputable tuner, be around 2-3 grand start up and a hundred or so each file and although thats a bit more than a kwp its the only way your going to increase hp and keep customers by simply hitting buttons on a keyboard. The way you want to do it will take you years and cost as much with breaking stuff. Sorry to say but the ebay kwp and 'disc' adverts are complete lies.

you `re right

:dancing2:

ducatisti
13th January, 2011, 11:59 PM
Its a long journey ahead

First you need the tools to read and write the ecu. Clones are risky .

Then once you have the file you need to search for the maps , when you think you have found one use the dyno / AFR monitor to see if anything adjusts. Then you then need to know at what throttle position and rpm it adjusts at .

I guess you could take the easy route and find a map pack to apply to your hexdump . That will save time.

Once you know what to adjust its to the dyno to check AFR is good at all rpms and throttle openings. Doing it any other way is stabbing in the dark (guessing) . It makes me laugh because i know a few file writers that modify files in there office , send them to there slaves and job done . Half those guys have never seen an AFR chart for that car or bike . It makes me sick ....

bazare
14th January, 2011, 03:28 PM
Clones are risky .

It's not the tools ... it's the lack of knowledge. Give a real PRO a galetto clone and a BDM100 or similar and he will remap cars just fine.

ka-pa-za
20th January, 2011, 05:22 PM
don't forget an insurance if you work on other peoples car.

If you mess with the wrong guy, you might need a dental insurance.
better to take a insurance on handling mistakes from your part.

what will be your diagnostic tool? Or will you do a bdm job and send the people home with a cluster, blinking like a x-mas parade?

kenancatli
29th June, 2011, 11:40 PM
I am cars electronics specialty and I'm teacher.
I'm tested clone kwp2000 plus work fine BDM100 fine, vcds clone work fine same orginal not problem, only problem update by clone, trust me

best regards

powertune
30th June, 2011, 02:02 PM
Im also looking at a new business. I think this week I want to become a brain surgeon. i have some sharp knives and some drills and lots of free advise on the internet!!! how hard can it be??

RU$$ELL
1st July, 2011, 12:21 PM
I Think Your On The Right Track Bud, When I First Joined DK I Had No Clue About Crap ... and on some topics still don't... BUT!! Well Done For Involving Yourself Between All These "SMART" People Who All Know What They Are Talking About... Even If They Make You Feel Stupid You Have Done The Right Thing By Asking The Question. Curiosity Is The Way To Achieve What You Have Set Out To Achieve.