PDA

View Full Version : Opel Astra G mismatched key reader

MrMike
19th February, 2010, 10:59 AM
Hi guys i have a bit of an issue with an astra-g it had a faulty ecu so i bought the whole kit from the wreckers but it seems to be the incorrect key and key reader, i have obtained the security code for the new ecu and tried coding the key with T300, key programming was successful but still no start.

What are my options with this problem? any info relating to this would be great as these astras are a real problem here in australia.

Cheers ;)

obdmaster
19th February, 2010, 09:04 PM
Hi guys i have a bit of an issue with an astra-g it had a faulty ecu so i bought the whole kit from the wreckers but it seems to be the incorrect key and key reader, i have obtained the security code for the new ecu and tried coding the key with T300, key programming was successful but still no start.

What are my options with this problem? any info relating to this would be great as these astras are a real problem here in australia.

Cheers ;)

Your system is im*obiliser 2 m8, on im*obiliser 2 you cant use a used chip must be new, try programming again with a new id:40 transponder m8. If you already done this what are fault codes in ecu and immobiliser?