PDA

View Full Version : New Start of Injection & Durations

TorqueDr
22nd March, 2022, 05:02 PM
Tried to aim for 6 Degrees ATDC for EOI seems to run a lot better not sure I should add anymore without a turbo upgrade
I think someone told me around 70IQ + 40 Duration or something like that... I've just tried to keep durations calibrated correctly to 70 IQ in excel and adjusted SOI for the extra IQ..
I understand people try to keep them calibrated but can you not increase the values even more for 70IQ or do you need to go up to 80 IQ and stay calibrated? not sure where durations max out on these PD130/150 injectors...

Would be greatful for any feedback at all. 50

Maps changed:

Start of Injection (0*C - 90*C)
Duration 00
Duration 01
Duration 02
Duration 03
Duration 04
Boost limiter
IQ by MAP limiter
Smoke limiter
SVBL
SVRL - 4,000rpm
Torque Limiter
Drivers Wish
EGR OFF
Launch
Boost Target
N75

PD130 ASZ stock turbo
Stock injectors
Full straight pipe
EGR / ASV deleted
EGR Cooler deleted
HKS cone
PD150 headbolts
FMIC
Solid flywheel & new clutch
upgraded engine mounts
new timing belt kit / pump
new oil pump

alonedark
22nd March, 2022, 06:32 PM
It is easy you can try in the car and run run by the way

TorqueDr
22nd March, 2022, 07:14 PM
It is easy you can try in the car and run run by the way
Just wondering if anyone had any advice really, I've taken her for a run the timing seems a lot better...
I know max SOI is 35 due to the slope on the cam... but not really sure if I've added a bit much SOI low down...? or how far I can go with Durations and SOI ?

Aladinnu
22nd March, 2022, 10:07 PM
no way u will run that for long with stock turbo...u will probably end up having overboost so u have to lower n75 a lot, even so, u will get limited by low boost and if u raise fuel u will get more smoke....the other bad area u will arrive is that on this engine at max240hp u will melt the piston.

TorqueDr
22nd March, 2022, 10:52 PM
no way u will run that for long with stock turbo...u will probably end up having overboost so u have to lower n75 a lot, even so, u will get limited by low boost and if u raise fuel u will get more smoke....the other bad area u will arrive is that on this engine at max240hp u will melt the piston.
Still saving she will have to last! its been holding in there.. poor timing will cause masses of heat or worse, I've lots of testing to do but not sure how far to go with SOI / durations this is just a test engine for my next project
What would you recommend I do with the N75? I'll run some logs tomorrow I was under the impression lowering the N75 would cause more boost?

Aladinnu
23rd March, 2022, 09:09 PM
depends on turbo. some keep VNT open while idle and close as rev go up, other keep VNT closed at idle and opens as rev go up. Since u have a vacuum solenoid on turbo, it also has a nut on n75 that can help u open or close. id play with that and do logs, its easyer that way than remap n75 everytime and do log. its less time consuming . i used this method on edc16 and it worked perfect. also when u do such a remap u will probably end up having overboost because of big fuel amount. sometimes stock setting of n75 nut can t lower boost even if it opens max and u get overboost. i hope u get what i m trying to say. i talk from experience.

TorqueDr
23rd March, 2022, 09:56 PM
depends on turbo. some keep VNT open while idle and close as rev go up, other keep VNT closed at idle and opens as rev go up. Since u have a vacuum solenoid on turbo, it also has a nut on n75 that can help u open or close. id play with that and do logs, its easyer that way than remap n75 everytime and do log. its less time consuming . i used this method on edc16 and it worked perfect. also when u do such a remap u will probably end up having overboost because of big fuel amount. sometimes stock setting of n75 nut can t lower boost even if it opens max and u get overboost. i hope u get what i m trying to say. i talk from experience.
Yeah I have opened up N75 a bit by increasing the values and adding 70 IQ in the axis it is still overboosting but not too bad might have another play with it but need to do logs because 1% makes a huge difference...
I've adjusted SOI it does fuel/spool up very fast had to cutt a little fuel below 2k now its actually burning! Just not sure if I might have added a bit much SOI below 2k...

kamil1234
24th March, 2022, 08:09 AM
yes you have 6 degrees many people calls from everything above 6 degrees is unnecessary. but this is not always true. each engine is different and it depends on how many gears the cam is set. this statement was confirmed for more engines. and with travels and 11 degrees and the engine did not smoke. map limiter complicated and at higher speeds. low mg / st. if the car is equipped with injectors al 550. asz arl. manage 80mg. target boos is small 1.4b launch control gap 250rpm while the next axis you have 3 rpm move it to that axis. with this software it can have about 160 ps. don't believe the number what edc siute calculates.

TorqueDr
24th March, 2022, 11:04 AM
yes you have 6 degrees many people calls from everything above 6 degrees is unnecessary. but this is not always true. each engine is different and it depends on how many gears the cam is set. this statement was confirmed for more engines. and with travels and 11 degrees and the engine did not smoke. map limiter complicated and at higher speeds. low mg / st. if the car is equipped with injectors al 550. asz arl. manage 80mg. target boos is small 1.4b launch control gap 250rpm while the next axis you have 3 rpm move it to that axis. with this software it can have about 160 ps. don't believe the number what edc siute calculates.
Thankyou for your reply I hadn't spotted the launch mistake, I just notice on the stock file the SOI drops imedatley after 1250rpm do you think I've added too much SOI below 2,000rpm?
Still need to log boost and play with N75 but anxious to add too much boost before i get 1856...

https://img1.jpegbay.com/gallery/008547107/1_f.jpg?6419

kamil1234
24th March, 2022, 12:11 PM
876959 try it try but it's up to you I don't know what condition your turbo is in. the pressure is 1.55b I had 1749va what did the pressure 1.7