PDA

View Full Version : could someone double check this mileage change please

Dashmaster
24th March, 2022, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone i have a 2013 Hyundai ix35 diesel with a Eeprom C66 the origonal mileage is 78,484 miles and i have tried to correct the mileage myself with tachosoft to 68,000 miles im not sure if it is correct so before i resolder the eeprom back to board could someone be so kind to double check it please as this is my first atempt to do this on my own. thank you very much for your time and help in advance, i will attach the origonal file and the modified file

jonnny
24th March, 2022, 06:14 PM
This should be piece of cake for someone with such an NIK name "Dashmaster":champions:

it is not good eddited

Dashmaster
24th March, 2022, 06:17 PM
This should be piece of cake for someone with such an NIK name "Dashmaster":champions:

it is not good eddited

Ha ha yeah i know Jonny just a little fun with the nick name, so the mileage is not correct :( is there anyway you could point me in the right direction what is wrong ? should it have been read in 8bit or 16bit ?

Johnner
24th March, 2022, 06:44 PM
Change the ff 6b ef(3x instances) to af 7f f9

Should be something like 68084 then :dontknow:

idealb2
24th March, 2022, 06:48 PM
here is ur file with 68000 km

Johnner
24th March, 2022, 06:49 PM
here is ur file with 68000 km

Mate, why are you posting file, when he's trying to learn how to do this ?

idealb2
24th March, 2022, 06:55 PM
Johnner (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/175309-Johnner)
sir,,, im sorry for that....

Dashmaster (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/798902-Dashmaster) you can calculate from toyota corolla 2008 ...algo is same

Dashmaster
24th March, 2022, 07:03 PM
Change the ff 6b ef(3x instances) to af 7f f9

Should be something like 68084 then :dontknow:

ok thank you johnner i have now done that, would you know why when i put 68,084 miles or 109,570 km in to the tachosoft software it gives me a compleet diffrent set to your AF 7F F9 is there a better software i could be using im just trying to understand and learn as i go along.

jomberykaso
24th March, 2022, 09:34 PM
ok thank you johnner i have now done that, would you know why when i put 68,084 miles or 109,570 km in to the tachosoft software it gives me a compleet diffrent set to your AF 7F F9 is there a better software i could be using im just trying to understand and learn as i go along.

software Brain.exe is the best for mileage edition

Johnner
24th March, 2022, 09:59 PM

Did it give you the result you were looking for ?
Have a look in this thread Dashboard School (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/834325-Dashboard-School-Manually-Changing-Mileage) but this algo has been discussed ad-nauseum at this stage

PremierD
24th March, 2022, 11:33 PM
ad-nauseum ​is that an oirish word mate ...? lol

Dashmaster
24th March, 2022, 11:36 PM
Did it give you the result you were looking for ?
Have a look in this thread Dashboard School (https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/834325-Dashboard-School-Manually-Changing-Mileage) but this algo has been discussed ad-nauseum at this stage

i will take a look at the dashboard school thread for sure, i am seriously thankfull for your reply and help today i have given you thanks also, i dont know why the likes of jomberykaso has posted things like use Brain.exe thats not helpfull to me or others trying to learn :( but i would like to use some sort of software to calculate and edit myself im just not sure if this tachosoft 23.1 is accurate or even anygood these days but thats all i could find on the web search. thanks once again johnner

jomberykaso
24th March, 2022, 11:45 PM
i will take a look at the dashboard school thread for sure, i am seriously thankfull for your reply and help today i have given you thanks also, i dont know why the likes of jomberykaso has posted things like use Brain.exe thats not helpfull to me or others trying to learn :( but i would like to use some sort of software to calculate and edit myself im just not sure if this tachosoft 23.1 is accurate or even anygood these days but thats all i could find on the web search. thanks once again johnner

It was just a joke mate, welcome to DK.

I can help you a lot if you want or if you need. Dont worry for that.

Dashmaster
25th March, 2022, 12:02 AM
It was just a joke mate, welcome to DK.

I can help you a lot if you want or if you need. Dont worry for that.

im so glad you have come and said its a joke as i was feeling a bit sad :) seriously though im a happy guy and i enjoy fun and jokes but i would like to start to get my head into this so i will become a little self efficient, it all seems so much to take in with algos and how to even calculate it manualy ext im not sure i even understand when people have explained how to do it ? so i thought for now maybe start off with a software like that tachosoft that is supose to aid you but it seems that my file was wrong when i tried myself. was it even close ? did tachosoft put it in km instead of miles ? im just not sure ?

jomberykaso
25th March, 2022, 12:16 AM
Dashmaster, please check imbox notification.

Johnner
25th March, 2022, 02:14 AM
What's true? Mysterious disappearing posts. :roflmao:

What's true, is this : You are a complete, agenda driven,conniving,underhand twat

There's nothing mysterious in removing your disruptive posts from here

If you have nothing positive to contribute in here,or elsewhere, then STFU, and enjoy your retirement years

I do hope I have clarified things for you ?

Thanks

J

BTW - Thank you Dashmaster for the feedback.I'm glad you have made some progress on your journey