PDA

View Full Version : opel 1.8 1.6v ecu how repair

daw21
19th February, 2010, 04:03 PM
Hi
i have problem which temperature and fan in opel zafira 2001 1.8 16v. I think it's problem in ecu.
Have some one solution to repair this ecu??
ecu GM 90 560 476
Regards

oldford
19th February, 2010, 06:18 PM
Have you read the fault codes? Then post them. It maybe a little bit simpler than you think.

DawieS
19th February, 2010, 07:57 PM
i have problem which temperature and fan in opel zafira 2001 1.8 16v. I think it's problem in ecu.

For example, it is more likely a faulty temperature sensor, sending the wrong signal to the ecu. Generally speaking, such faults are rarely caused by a faulty ecu.

daw21
21st February, 2010, 02:02 AM
on ecu and "fan ecu" no fault, temperature sensor new, "fan ecu" i change for another car(the same , working), when ingintion on all fan was working, dont work temperature on dash.

PierreTheron
10th January, 2011, 09:55 PM
on ecu and "fan ecu" no fault, temperature sensor new, "fan ecu" i change for another car(the same , working), when ingintion on all fan was working, dont work temperature on dash.

Sorry .. old Thread.

I also think this is faulty ecu.

Have got Zafira A 18XE with same problem .

1.Fan running when ignition on (Cold)

2.No Spanner Light

3.No Ecu light

4. Car does not start

5. Cannot connect to ecu with Op-Com.

I Leave the car till lunch time in the sun.

1. Fan not running when ignition on.

2. Spanner light on .

3. Ecu light on.

4. Car Starts.

5 . Can connect to ecu with Op-Com.

So i wiggled ecu plugs and found car to die when I move the one.

Checked ecu plugs and was okay.

Decided to Open Siemens ECU and found broken off aluminium wires inside going from aluminium casing to ecu pins .

Foocked up The ecu while trying to remove the slime with brush and solvent. (Did not see all the other thin gold wires inside until i put under spy glass)

Regards

PierreTheron
11th January, 2011, 06:24 PM
Hi

Just an update.

Got S/Hand Ecu set pre-coded with correct software and chips for car from e-bay seller .... ecu express.co.uk

Plugged in and car was Runner .

I mounted the ecu on rubber mountings to the engine.

Hope this will help to prevent damage to those thin wires inside the ecu.

Regards