PDA

View Full Version : Help - XBox360 modding

Lyrrad
20th October, 2008, 02:05 PM
I have used Wiiman from this forum in the past for all Wii needs.

Is there anybody out there that does the same for XBox's?

I need assistance on which one to buy. It's essentially for my 6 year old. I am really not too sure of the issues regarding going down this route so hopefully this post will get the response I need.

EDIT:

Does the info in the following thread still apply

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f14/thinking-getting-one-kids-lol-3834/

Thanks in advance

.: JaCkPoT :.
20th October, 2008, 09:42 PM
You can buy him a core for 120quid then mod it and run back ups. But you will be banned from live. Its the cheap way for games.

Lyrrad
20th October, 2008, 10:36 PM
Is there anyway to NOT be banned from live.

Also sorry for being noob on xbox. Does the core come with a hard drive?

If not what extra does the hard drive give me. (is there an explanation of what the various models do).

He does enjoy Mario Kart online so am I right to say live might be nice for him.

Also If I have 1080i rather than 1080p do better HDMI models give me anything more.

I am sure I'll be abe to do the mod, but I was wondering if certain models are not moddable.

Sorry for all the questions.

21st October, 2008, 12:04 AM
Questions are fine mate.
The core doesnt come with a hard drive but a 256mb memory card. Buy the 20gb. They are not made no more but im sure companies are still clearing them for 150 orso. These come with hard drive, headset, ethernet cable 2m, wireless controller, chrome disc drive and are easier to mod. I have no idea about hD as i dont have a hD tv in my room but h do know that its not possible to use live with 2 nodded console. Heres info on consoles.
Elite, 120gb hdd, black console, wireless controller, ethernet cable 2m, headset, chrome disk tray.
60gb. Same as elite but 60gb hdd not 120, white console not black.
20gb. Same as 60gb but just a smaller hdd.
Core. 256mb memory unit. Wired controller.

Lyrrad
21st October, 2008, 12:29 AM
Thank you for you help (I thought I had already posted link below in my previous posting, but obviously not)

What is this thread all about.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f14/thinking-getting-one-kids-lol-3834/

Have m$ done something else since?

Thanks in advance

21st October, 2008, 07:55 PM
not read that before. and ive learnt something from it. i wont risk the online thing but its your choice