PDA

View Full Version : IPBox 9000hd with "T" tuner

freck
19th February, 2010, 09:56 PM
Looking for advice on an image for the terrestrial tuner to scan in channels in Ireland.Any Irish members got this running and what cams are ye using.
Almost forgot that I had the second tuner so I'm gonna give it a go.Also where are the magic files situated?,I presume its the same as dreambox/dbox etc.
I got my hands on a cables xml so i'll have everything but an image.If nothing comes of this thread I'll just go with the latest DGS image and see how it goes but would like to see what other user have on.
Freck

cactikid
19th February, 2010, 10:10 PM
think there are getting less and less people with a t box.

freck
19th February, 2010, 10:15 PM
Requested dual S tuners when i ordeed mine but then got one T and one S but luckily the T service here in Ireland is still on N1 so decryption is as normal...wink wink but would like a trusted image rather than trawling tru them all.
i'll wait and see what ecomes of the thread.
Freck

despdan
20th February, 2010, 10:34 AM
I use NLB images no need to load terrestrial.xml it's already loaded:)

Also mgcamd is installed so all you have to do is start it

freck
20th February, 2010, 03:18 PM
Excellent stuff Despan mate.....been to other so called support sites for this and didnt even get a reply.Appreciate it:rock:
Freck

cactikid
20th February, 2010, 06:53 PM
Excellent stuff Despan mate.....been to other so called support sites for this and didnt even get a reply.Appreciate it:rock:
Freck
easy to buy a box setting it up another issue lol.

freck
20th February, 2010, 11:02 PM
IPbox is no starview cactikid....not for the angry user,takes time to learn all its tricks.Thought I had a fair grasp on linux boxes but this baby will grind your gears but well worth the money and time spent:devil:
Delivers back in viewing quality and recording.
Freck

stargate2
26th February, 2010, 06:43 PM
Hi Freck and Cactikid...

This is my first post wanted to jump in and say hello!!

I got myself a new ipbox9000hd plus last week.. still going to the setup and upgrades.. tricky to get used to but hopefully I'll get there.. :-)

Freck I'm in Dublin... also trying the get some of out wonderful free to air channels..

Think I need to do some more installs..

Stargate2

cm123
5th March, 2010, 07:33 AM
I also just bought 9000hd and i am interested in this.

cactikid
5th March, 2010, 08:45 AM
Hi Freck and Cactikid...

This is my first post wanted to jump in and say hello!!

I got myself a new ipbox9000hd plus last week.. still going to the setup and upgrades.. tricky to get used to but hopefully I'll get there.. :-)

Freck I'm in Dublin... also trying the get some of out wonderful free to air channels..

Think I need to do some more installs..

Stargate2
in dublin i think it will only be sat working as cable side is on nagra3 as on n*l,freck is on the country one called ch***s lol.dam it i want my box back.

balikuyu
8th April, 2010, 11:02 PM
Hi All

Thanks to N3 I no longer need my Cable tuner on my Cuberevo, if I buy the T tuner does anyone know if the HD channels will work or does that need a freeview HD tuner.

I kinda assume if the cable HD channels worked then the freeview channels should but wanted to make sure.

balikuyu
14th April, 2010, 12:10 PM
Hi All

Thanks to N3 I no longer need my Cable tuner on my Cuberevo, if I buy the T tuner does anyone know if the HD channels will work or does that need a freeview HD tuner.

I kinda assume if the cable HD channels worked then the freeview channels should but wanted to make sure.

In answer to my own question have found out that they are using a new modulation and T2 tuner is required my supplier is looking into whether or not the cuberevo tuner is capable of viewing these signals. I will keep you updated.

Cheers

gazza12
10th June, 2010, 10:40 AM
They are rolling out N3 on MMDS in Ireland now. New cards being issued to UPx/Chrxus MMDS or T users. They have already started to scramble some on the channels (movies) same rollout as cable.
I reckon you should save your few bucks and not buy the T card.