PDA

View Full Version : is there a guide which shows me how to FTP CAMS manually?

kirit
20th October, 2008, 06:04 PM
Hi, there, ive run a search on your forum for an answer to my different and a bit more specific question which is as follows:

I have a dreambox 5620s its a DVB-S receiver as opposed to many memberswho have DVB-C receivers.
The DB has been flashed with a fairly recent gemini image and i know that it is possible to install many cams via the remote control.

However i wish to install the GBox cam, but i do not know how to FTP to my dreambox, as ive never needed to do it before.

Is there a guide available, or can another member please provide me with detailed instructions as to how i can FTP the Gbox cam from my laptop to my dreambox?

my laptop is old so it has the correct connection for a null modem cable

i have a null modem cable and the dreambox is currently connected via ethernet to my router. i also have the Total commander and the FTP commander programs- but dont know how to use either program.

As i stated my situation is different to other members who used dreamboxes which were DVB-C and needed to input things such as keylists (that doesnt apply to me as my receiver is a DVB-S receiver)

thank you

westkill
20th October, 2008, 06:15 PM
have you got a ethernet cable from your router to the dreambox or a cross over cable from your pc to the dreambox :)

download dcc once programe setup add the ip of your pc and setup the ip on the dreambox in menu>setup
then try connect dcc

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Dreambox Control Center (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/dreambox-control-center-13/)

westkill
20th October, 2008, 06:19 PM
or try flash fxp ftp programe which is in the downloads :)
and theres a guide in the cable section

kirit
20th October, 2008, 06:38 PM
sorry man i should have been a bit clearer theres an ethernet cable running from the router to the dreambox

i connect the laptop via a separate ethernet port on the router connected to my laptop via ethernet wire

i thought that DCC is only used to edit your channels lists- bit like a favourite channel arranging prog

i also thought flash fxp is only used to flash images

ive read the guide in the cable section mate but that only shows you how to flash images onto a cable box mate, and im trying to flash a cam onto a sat box- havent done it before- 1st time for me

westkill
20th October, 2008, 06:52 PM
dcc does ftp,telnet,settings, etc :)
ftp is used to add key files ,cam addons :)

westkill
20th October, 2008, 06:59 PM
when ftp is setup on dcc
ftp the file from your pc to the temp folder then go to addon manger then manual install :)