PDA

View Full Version : Linksys WRT54G v8 lost software.

Stabber
20th October, 2008, 06:26 PM
I no longer have the software for my router and it is now back to default settings. Can anyone tell me how to get my router working again without this software. I cannot seem to be able to download the software from the net but just firmware to update it...I'll buy anyone a few pints if you can help :beerglass:

Jaffa
21st October, 2008, 12:03 AM
I no longer have the software for my router and it is now back to default settings. Can anyone tell me how to get my router working again without this software. I cannot seem to be able to download the software from the net but just firmware to update it...I'll buy anyone a few pints if you can help :beerglass:

Heres the Easylink software you need mate. Just run it and follow the instructions and you will be fine.

Stabber
4th November, 2008, 11:22 AM
Heres the Easylink software you need mate. Just run it and follow the instructions and you will be fine.

All working great now thanks for that download mate....:congrats::beerglass::beerglass::beerglass ::beerglass::scarf2:

kfrank85
20th November, 2008, 03:11 AM
Why don't they make the install pgm available on the site ?:wink:

kfrank85
3rd December, 2008, 11:51 PM
Why don't they make the install pgm available on the site ?:wink:

That's a good question. Wondering the same thing myself.

I installed the PGM I found here on my Vista machine. Itdid say the wireless connection failed when disconnecting the LAN cable but then it did connect.

Saving the security key saved my butt cuz I needed to manually configure other machines and also temporarily disabled my firewall.

Walah! Thanks to the uploader.

Anyone know how to manually retrieve the security key ??

Cheers.

Jaffa
4th December, 2008, 01:35 PM
Anyone know how to manually retrieve the security key ??

Cheers.
WPA psk, that way it is more secure and lets you set your own key in plain language and not hex.

does this work?

Yes it works.

pac man212
5th December, 2008, 06:24 PM
i got a router from a friend and it still has his name on it and its password how do i restart everything so that i can use it?

Jaffa
5th December, 2008, 06:30 PM
i got a router from a friend and it still has his name on it and its password how do i restart everything so that i can use it?

Theres a wee button on the back of it, its like a pinhole, stick a pen nib in it and hold it in for about 30 seconds and it will reset it to factory settings. (I found it was more like 10 seconds though)

http://technicallyeasy.googlepages.com/linksys-reset.png

Jaffa
15th December, 2008, 02:53 AM
Same deal for me. Lost install CD. I'd appreciate it if anyone could provide me with it. Thanks in advance.

Well if you are really interested in it and not just posting so you can get to the downloads then you will find it in the 2nd link but I guess it is too much to ask people to read the whole thread.

jo_bob
16th December, 2008, 03:54 AM
Actually Jaffa, I did read the entire thread. However the .rar file wouldn't download for me. I'm sorry if I've offended you in some way, as your assumptive comments seem to indicate. If you're that offended, might I suggest you build a bridge and 'get over it'. If comments such as yours are representative of most found on this forum, I'll leave it alone and let you continue to post your predictably snide comments from your mother's basement. Thank you for the mild amusement. It's been surreal.

toto67
16th December, 2008, 04:34 AM
WOW easy tiger...He wasnt meaning it m8 the way it sounded and I am pretty sure when hes back online will say so...Just you get people wanting everything yesterday and cant be arsed looking,hence the reason he said that...Think theres like a time limit from when you join/amount of posts etc before you are able to download from here...Anyway stick around,am sure you will like it m8:)

Jaffa
16th December, 2008, 05:12 AM
Actually Jaffa, I did read the entire thread. However the .rar file wouldn't download for me. I'm sorry if I've offended you in some way, as your assumptive comments seem to indicate. If you're that offended, might I suggest you build a bridge and 'get over it'. If comments such as yours are representative of most found on this forum, I'll leave it alone and let you continue to post your predictably snide comments from your mother's basement. Thank you for the mild amusement. It's been surreal.

You never offended me, I dont give a rats arse if you come and post once and take all the files you want, its the fact you try to cover up that you are here to leech and nothing else. Do you really think I care what you think of my attitude, you wont be here after you get the fix for cable. I am glad you were able to figure out that you needed one post and to allow the forum to update (thats the reason it wouldnt download for you, but if you had bothered to read the email you got when you registered then you would have realised that). Don't be trying to disguise the fact that you may have stuck around the forum but for my comments...you came and I am sure you got what you wanted, you had no intention of staying.

Enjoy your free tv, see you again next time they hit the boxes. :ciao:

ThEBuG
13th January, 2009, 11:04 AM
is this the orig. software ? and after i download it can i upgrade the firmware ?

Airchuckfla
20th February, 2009, 04:55 AM
Hey guys can anyone share the link for the Linksys WRT54G V8, software download, I,m at my witts end?:ciao:

caveman_nige
21st February, 2009, 12:39 PM
Link to download this file is here Digital Kaos - Downloads - Linksys Easylink software (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/pc/9/linksys-easylink-software-610/)

ps2chiper
24th February, 2009, 03:53 PM
You should upgrade it to dd-wrt

gtrtoolman
22nd March, 2009, 03:55 PM
Hi, new member looking for the same thing, not sure why this isn't easier to find than here, so thanks much for making it available.

Upon further searching I have found the Linksys link http://update.linksys.com/lela/install/lela.exe

Much larger file but it appears a lot of people are looking for. Hopefully this is allowed to remain available to others as well.

caveman_nige
27th March, 2009, 09:31 AM
It was a real biatch trying to download this linksys file this gay website makes you register before doing anything.

Well you could not find it anywhere else for free and it was so hard to sign up to get this free software that our members have taken the time to find and store here for users like you..

Take a permanently holiday...

cardinalmotors
8th May, 2009, 03:46 PM
same issue here, im having a hard time doing this, have to post a quote first? i just want to get the software to restore this agrevating computer.

Tweetbeet
10th May, 2009, 11:07 PM
"Originally Posted by Jaffa Heres the Easylink software you need mate. Just run it and follow the instructions and you will be fine."Hey Jaffa..I'm not seeing the website that you shared..is it still there or did it get deleted..

Jaffa
11th May, 2009, 11:53 PM
"Originally Posted by Jaffa Heres the Easylink software you need mate. Just run it and follow the instructions and you will be fine."Hey Jaffa..I'm not seeing the website that you shared..is it still there or did it get deleted..

Its in the downloads section now.

mikep
25th May, 2009, 04:18 AM
hey does anyone know if im just looking in the wrong place or is the download link broken if someone could share it it would be greatly appreciated:pcguru:

Ternous
26th May, 2009, 07:46 PM
Still Cant download it, Sorry guys. I just got this router but my buddy who gave it to me lost the CD. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out. Thanks- Sean

gizmo.1484
26th May, 2009, 07:51 PM
You need to wait 10 mins for the server to update before you can d/load.
As stated in your welcome email and introduction.

EDIT: You can find the sofware here>>>>http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f20/linksys-wrt54g-v8-lost-software-9552/index3.html

When your d/load is downloading why not make a introduction here and say thank you to this site for helping you out.Introduce Yourself (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/)

Ternous
26th May, 2009, 07:54 PM
thanks man, but it seems that I cant find it in the downloads section now. So I dont know what to do.

Dreamer
26th May, 2009, 08:17 PM
thanks man, but it seems that I cant find it in the downloads section now. So I dont know what to do.

Gizmo has posted the link for you in the post above yours and also some advice on forum etiquette

mikep
28th May, 2009, 12:31 AM
does anyone have any later versions of the program?

mercks
3rd June, 2009, 02:57 PM
I have waited over 10 minutes, yet still I cannot find the link etc...it bring me to downloads yet when I type linksys under search in the download section...I can't find it...I am using an aol browser...should I use something else....?

chsrik
21st September, 2009, 01:30 AM
Can't find the download link on the page, please help, I have the same issue.

johnnynanice
24th January, 2010, 12:51 AM
Jaffa im also in need of this sofware and im new to this so im not sure how to find it or if its still available at that/ please help thanks many

dehowletts
27th January, 2010, 10:08 PM
Its in the downloads section now.

PMSL @ some of the comments 2 u on this thread (& 4 the record i think the replies are quite tame - funny, maybe a tad sarcastic but tame)

i was browsing it cos i upgraded my router ages ago my old 1 is the wrt54g (& guess what lost I the disc been meaning to sell it i have the box etc so just needed to burn the software)

& the words halo polish & patience spring to mind......

or shall i just jump on the bandwagon & ask 4 the sw tooooo???

sorry 4 stirring but couldn't resist & i am female so byaaaaaatch surfaces now & then.....:p

genajom2
23rd March, 2010, 01:04 AM
I can't find this software when I search for the download...can I still download it? I lost my disk and had to wipe my hard drive this last weekend.

dehowletts
10th May, 2010, 09:35 PM
Linksys by Cisco - WRT54G Support (http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WRT54G/download?referrer=www.linksysbycisco.com)

go to the dropdown box for your version no 2 get the right download

dehowletts
10th May, 2010, 09:37 PM
I can't find this software when I search for the download...can I still download it? I lost my disk and had to wipe my hard drive this last weekend.

see the link on post b4 this 1 there's both the firmware download & the upgrade listed you just choose which 1

moletre
22nd July, 2010, 05:24 AM
Hi, I?m new at this and I cannot find the download that all speak so high off :(. Is it attached to message #2 because I can?t see it :( Please heeeelp
Thanks

moletre
22nd July, 2010, 06:32 AM
Linksys by Cisco - WRT54G Support (http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WRT54G/download?referrer=www.linksysbycisco.com)

go to the dropdown box for your version no 2 get the right download
Hi. Yes I found it there too and I have downloaded it but... I have a netbook without cd/dvd and I cannot open a .bin file :( Do any of you know how I can open a .bin file with specific steps or can anyone give another way to get to it?
Thanks

princesschelsae
10th November, 2010, 02:22 AM
how do i find this softwarer and download it?

buhockey
17th November, 2010, 10:35 PM
Unbelievable I have been reading through these forums trying to find any info about software

Just did a clean install for my laptop of XP after having it loop

just4laughs6
18th December, 2010, 09:35 PM
I do not see the easylink link anywhere on this site, has it been removed? I see where it says to use the easylink, but no link to click on??? HELP

just4laughs6
18th December, 2010, 10:16 PM
OMG, thank you sooooo much for this link. I was going insane trying to find the link for this download, you are a life saver! Thank you!

MastaMe
12th January, 2011, 12:51 AM
where is the link to install the program? please help me

manxspud
12th January, 2011, 11:34 AM
where is the link to install the program? please help me

Go back a page (page 5) its there you will find the link ... 3 times at least.

@manx

needleboy
26th January, 2011, 09:17 AM
You can also try this custom firmware that works on almost all linksys devices:

Tomato Firmware | polarcloud.com (http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato)

Verry good, many new features...

hatran
16th November, 2011, 06:43 AM
u can reset it

jmailand
21st August, 2012, 05:57 PM
I realize that this is a very old link, just wondering if the easylink software is still available. I haven't found the link to the software yet.