PDA

View Full Version : Replacing DME (MSD80) and CAS3 module - how to retain original VIN?

z335g
8th April, 2022, 07:38 PM
Hi all, have been reading through the existing threads on this forum but none are complete enough to solve my issue;

I have a 2006 e92 335i with MSD80 DME.

Long story short, water made its way into the ECU box and fried the DME. I want to retain my original VIN and milage so I can continue using MHD flasher.

I bought a used DME and CAS (with key).

I fitted the new DME to the car with my original CAS still fitted then programmed and coded the DME using ISTA-P.

Of course I then couldnt start the car so had to fit the new CAS however now MHD and ISTA read the VIN from the new CAS module not my old vin.

From my research, there is an ISN file stored in paired DME CAS module which cannot be re-written my ISTA-P unless installing brand new modules.

How do I go about pairing my old CAS module (with correct VIN and mileage) to my new DME?

Thanks in advance, Z

Antonio266
8th April, 2022, 08:10 PM
If DME + CAS and Key were from the same Kit (same car) your car should've started.
It's manual or automatic?

z335g
9th April, 2022, 10:06 AM
Hi, let me clarify; the only reason I left the old CAS in during programming the DME was to retain my vin number so that I could then flash the DME via MHD. Then to get the car to run, I have to fit the new CAS (paired with new DME) but then my VIN is wrong since MHD reads vin of the CAS module. I also now have tamper dot and incorrect mileage. I could do a full car program using both new cas and dme but then my vin number and mileage will be wrong and my MHD license wont work. I believe I need to copy the ISN from my new DME and write it to my old CAS?

Antonio266
9th April, 2022, 12:27 PM
I've asked you if car is manual or automatic, because if it's automatic then ISN is stored also in EGS.

The other questions depends on what Tools you have available, you can't do anything of what you need with MHD and Ista.

z335g
9th April, 2022, 03:18 PM
I've asked you if car is manual or automatic, because if it's automatic then ISN is stored also in EGS.

The other questions depends on what Tools you have available, you can't do anything of what you need with MHD and Ista.

Sorry my bad, the car is a manual luckily. I have just ordered an r270+ programmer should be here on Monday