PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on portsmouth??

krazylegz
20th February, 2010, 08:47 PM
whats everyones thoughts on pompy??

I think someone will buy them to stop them going bust, but it could be too late to stop them going down as they are 8 points adrift of safety with only 11 games left.

Will be a shame if no-one buys them and they go out of business though, hope that doesn't happen

sufcben
21st February, 2010, 01:03 PM
supposed to be getting taken over tomorrow according to peter storie

thered
22nd February, 2010, 09:04 AM
wouldnt want to see any team go bust (including rivals) its not the fans fault that the club has been abused by the owners

i hope they stay and fight for their place in the PL if they get relegated fair enuff

leez
22nd February, 2010, 09:08 AM
feel sorry for you guys ...me as a toon fan know all about the ups and downs of football ...but to have a chance of going out all together is another matter and un think able ..i hope yous survive as a club thats the main thing ... then start from there..best of luck

calvin plummer
22nd February, 2010, 02:43 PM
Sometimes I think that untill a premiership club goes under little will be done to change the destructive nature of football finances. A wake up call is needed before we sink even further into the mire. I'm not arguing that pompey should go out of business, nor do I want them too but while the premiership live in the isolation of its own personal game of monopoly they won't trouble themselves into making the real changes that are needed to safeguard dozens of clubs (probably including my team forest if our chairman didn't have deep pockets). A top flight club going under might be the required catalyst. Would rather it was liverpool though :)