PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Problem - DM500S

Iekos
20th October, 2008, 09:31 PM
Hi ppl,

I have an annoying DM500S problem and hope someone can help me figure it out. Please bare with me as I'm new to the Sat side of the world.

I am using a preinstalled dish that the last homeowners used with a DM500S. Cardshare service all active with Gemini 4.50 and CCcam 2.09.

When I setup, I set the Satellite as Astro on 28.2E and it went through and scanned all the channels (around 700).

When on any Sky channels I get the picture that locks and freezes every maybe 3-4 mins for a few secs with pixelation (if these such a word). If I move onto any other channel like ShowtimeTV, its absolutely fine and doesn't bump once?

Have I missed something? How can I trouble shoot this? Its annoying the hell out of me.. :banghead:

firestorm
20th October, 2008, 11:12 PM
cardsharing on sky is not always good very often freezing,if you are on a payserver there may be to many using the card as for showtimetv i am not sure what encription that is because i gave up on 28e a long time ago far better thing on other sats,The pixelation may be your dish being out of line

Iekos
20th October, 2008, 11:27 PM
cardsharing on sky is not always good very often freezing,if you are on a payserver there may be to many using the card as for showtimetv i am not sure what encription that is because i gave up on 28e a long time ago far better thing on other sats,The pixelation may be your dish being out of line

What sat position would you recommend? And is it better then Sky in your opinion?

.: JaCkPoT :.
20th October, 2008, 11:35 PM
I say 1west. There is alot on that. Prem FOOTY, national geo, disc Sci etc. Eurosport, canal+sport and loads more with latest softcam and cardshare for the conax channels. Trust me thats all a person needs in my opinion. Not sure about xxx tho.

firestorm
20th October, 2008, 11:57 PM
tataly agree mate 1west as got it all the other one worth a look is 19e prem but there is rumers of the encription changeing soon

Iekos
21st October, 2008, 12:03 AM
OK, So talk me through it. Do I need to get the sat man out to move the dish? Also, are the channels encrypted? If so, who do i need to contact for cardsharing this? (PM me).

firestorm
21st October, 2008, 12:16 AM
you can move your dish your self it not to hard just get your self a cheap meter and compass from flee bay it saves running up and down the ladder you can open prem with Cccam2.09 and hacksat plugin

Iekos
21st October, 2008, 12:38 AM
My sat is on the roof of a chimney and I aint noway getting my fat ass up there.. lol.. I'll call the sat man..

What do I need to ask him to do. What position?

firestorm
21st October, 2008, 12:56 AM
is it a normal sky dish then you need to move it west to 19e for prem or west to 1west but a sky dish may be to small for 1west if you could aford it a 80cm dish with a motor would be more future proof and get you alot more channels and save the need for the sat man to come back and move it again in the future