PDA

View Full Version : mapped netwok drive probs

delboy13
21st October, 2008, 02:01 AM
i have 2 pcs xp wired to router and vista wireless. i have mapped a drive on my xp enabled file sharing.but on my vista i can see my pc and when i click on it.it says check your spelling or network problem in details it says access denied.my pc name is showing as right so cannot be spelling.when i diagnose it says nothing wrong with network. i have also turned firwall off made no difference.

last time i used a software to map my network but can not remember the name of it

Jaffa
21st October, 2008, 09:50 AM
Try Network Magic m8, its good software for sharing files on a network.

vtec2000
22nd October, 2008, 02:39 AM
I had this problem too and found some reasons why it was doing that. First, the user needs a password in order to connect to a network computer, so create passwords for both computers users. Second, you could type the ip address of the computer you want to connect to in Explorer (In Address bar type "//IPAddressOfComputerYouwantToConnectTo" without the quotes.

Hope this helps.

delboy13
24th October, 2008, 12:39 AM
Try Network Magic m8, its good software for sharing files on a network.

i tried the software still no luck xp carried on telling me network magic not installed on other pc even though it was.done the firewall setting it told me to do even turned firewall off no luck

delboy13
24th October, 2008, 12:40 AM
I had this problem too and found some reasons why it was doing that. First, the user needs a password in order to connect to a network computer, so create passwords for both computers users. Second, you could type the ip address of the computer you want to connect to in Explorer (In Address bar type "//IPAddressOfComputerYouwantToConnectTo" without the quotes.

Hope this helps.

before i had it working without passwords then i reformatted both pcs now not working. i will try and give your ideas a go on sunday

mini
31st October, 2008, 06:40 PM
Have you got 2 passwords on your router eg:guest ***** - admin *****.
When you connect to your router try using the admin password and trying it then.