PDA

View Full Version : RB4 Cluster odd issue after clonin?

AudiS4
26th April, 2022, 02:49 PM
I recently cloned a VAG group RB4 cluster from a customer because it was flooded barely working. I notced the donor cluster he supplied is from a convertible. I was able to clone the data from one to the other but I noticed the right side lcd shows the mileage when connected on the bench without a ecu,coil or key. In the past when connected in such a way cluster would flash the mileage and then show SAFE. This is the first time I have run into something like this. I checked immo mode and its in mode 6 so that means adapted. I also checked MVB 22,23 and 24. The lock counters show zero and the cluster shows 2 keys adapted to it. Any ideas??

evgeny87
26th April, 2022, 03:17 PM
mode 6 adapted desent mean that cluster is adapted to car where is installed.. I think in rb4 / immo 3 clusters there is no Safe on small display, just old style immo light (car wth key)
smetimes on top part, or in tachometer area. Maybee in yours that symbol is clogged with tape therefore you cant see blinking immo on bench

AudiS4
26th April, 2022, 03:24 PM
Immo light is flashing because cluster is only connected on bench no ecu,key coil or key. So with immo light flashing should display SAFE on rb4 and rb8 cluster. Perhaps only SAFE is present if no keys are in the cluster??

evgeny87
26th April, 2022, 03:29 PM
For rb8 immo4 - yes, but on rb4 i never see Safe

AudiS4
26th April, 2022, 04:41 PM
OK thanks.

armi
27th April, 2022, 06:05 AM
Hi!
Adapted cluster RB4 from Audi on the bench always must show millage , it is normal.

AudiS4
29th April, 2022, 01:53 AM
Hi!
Adapted cluster RB4 from Audi on the bench always must show millage , it is normal.

Yes I realized this after I tested another rb4 dash. I'm so used to rb8 and some of the newer dashes you forget things,lol.