PDA

View Full Version : 2004 vauxhall zafira

newren2000
22nd February, 2010, 12:02 AM
I have recently purchased a tacho universal 2008, I have gone via OBD but I keep getting "version 0203", I thought this would be a simple plug and play for my first attempt but obviously not! I have been told that it is possible to use a different model i.e astra/vectra but none of these work. I am assuming that it is a case of removing the clocks on this year Zafira? I know I am a nebie but I would really appreciate some help here in my quest for knowledge with the Tacho. Any hints or tips with the tacho or other vehicles would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

newren2000
22nd February, 2010, 09:39 AM
This really is a difficult forum..........

PremierD
22nd February, 2010, 09:49 AM
This really is a difficult forum..........

And what do you you do after it it says Version 0203....?

newren2000
22nd February, 2010, 10:36 AM
I hve done nothing as I am assuming that it is now a case of removing the clocks, I just wanted to start with a simple vehicle and learn as I go! also have a merc w211 03, also tried this through OBD but no luck, I have read other posts and people seem to get results through OBD, am I just being unlucky? I am desperate to learn all ther is and I'm sure in 6 months time I will look back and chuckle.....

newren2000
22nd February, 2010, 10:40 AM
Just like to add, I know it can be frustrating when a newbie comes along and asks questions like myself, I am registered on other forums and I know what it is like!!! now I'm one of them!

PremierD
22nd February, 2010, 01:48 PM
Just like to add, I know it can be frustrating when a newbie comes along and asks questions like myself, I am registered on other forums and I know what it is like!!! now I'm one of them!

Listen mate ...thats why we run this forum ...to help..so your problem is that you pug in to your Zafira ..select >2001... type in the miles you require ... the display changes to version 0203... I think that if you leave it for little while the miles should then change ... if it was the type that cannot be done this way ... it would say version TRW... then you need to remove the cluster (and a fcuker of a job)...

Next the Merc ... Not for the faint hearted mate ... its in the cluster,and the ezs(keybox) ...and if you fcuk that ...it will not start ... I would avoid this type of job ..untill you have more experience...hope that ,that was helpfull to you mate...

newren2000
22nd February, 2010, 02:00 PM
thanks for that, much apreciated! I'll give the zafira another go, I suppose we all have to start somewhere and I will be leaving the merc alone......Thanks again.

florinyes
22nd February, 2010, 02:05 PM
Most likely your Zafira is a M35080 eeprom so...eprom off clip on adaptor read, save, eeprom zero, program back solder it back job done. You should find all this in your manual.If you ain't got it do a search..it is on here somewhere.. And be carefull not to rip the ribbon cable to lcd screen..

Ta

newren2000
22nd February, 2010, 08:55 PM
Most likely your Zafira is a M35080 eeprom so...eprom off clip on adaptor read, save, eeprom zero, program back solder it back job done. You should find all this in your manual.If you ain't got it do a search..it is on here somewhere.. And be carefull not to rip the ribbon cable to lcd screen..

Ta

well...I tried the zafira again and no luck, I had a dash laying in the workshop and thought I would give it a go.... and yes I ripped the ribbon cable!! ( good job it was a spare). carried on regardless....I identified the correct eprom, now I think I need to invest in a desoldering station, Having never used one before or never had to solder or desolder something that small would you say it is reasonab ly easy with the correct equipment?

PremierD
22nd February, 2010, 09:18 PM
well...I tried the zafira again and no luck, I had a dash laying in the workshop and thought I would give it a go.... and yes I ripped the ribbon cable!! ( good job it was a spare). carried on regardless....I identified the correct eprom, now I think I need to invest in a desoldering station, Having never used one before or never had to solder or desolder something that small would you say it is reasonab ly easy with the correct equipment?

Yes it is mate ....Now if indeed it is a M35080.... you will need a new eeprom ... coz it will not decrement ....

newren2000
22nd February, 2010, 09:38 PM
yes that is the correct eprom, so you are saying that with that eprom you have to desolder and then fit a new one?? where can you buy them and can you recomend a reasonably priced soldering station for a beginer?

busaman
22nd February, 2010, 09:47 PM
i got mine from farnell they are cheap just a pound or so.

newren2000
22nd February, 2010, 09:58 PM
7.42sec@200.07mph sounds interesting... engine built by youself? I had some dealings with holeshot racing a few years ago and now I miss the speed!

Meat-Head
22nd February, 2010, 10:10 PM
I miss the speed!

Yeah we also don't do drugs on here either.