PDA

View Full Version : Itgate Box down

Bobbyp20
21st October, 2008, 03:55 PM
Hi guys.
I have been given a dead ITGATE box to fix. I am OK with Dreambox and Dbox2 but I know nothing about this strange creature. I don't see any mention on Big Maq toolbar.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please

Bobby

bugaloo41
21st October, 2008, 04:35 PM
Do they not use the same images as dreambox mate? When you say dead are you only getting free to air channels or nothing at all. When did the box go down?

Bobbyp20
21st October, 2008, 04:51 PM
To be honest I don't know. I just took a look at the box and decided to ask you gents first. I will plug it now and see what I get then get back to you. If it's a dreambox image we're laughing.
thanks
Bobby

Bobbyp20
21st October, 2008, 05:44 PM
Ok I've checked it out and it's a satkings image with a wee penguin on the frontpage. Can't find any Tuxbox commander and can't ftp without user name and password. Does anyone know if I could wipe with dreamup and install DK1 ?

Devilfish
21st October, 2008, 05:53 PM
DO NOT install a dreambox image, it will not work and you will probably fcuk the box for good!

Visit satkings.org and they will sort you out or satman will reply here with instruction.

satsmo
21st October, 2008, 05:56 PM
Satman is the guy you need to talk to as its his and the boys at Cli image. Is it a TGM220 or a TGC200?

As said he is here quite a bit and will hopefully help you out.

My apologies Devilfish I didn't see you there.

Bobbyp20
21st October, 2008, 06:07 PM
It's a TGC 200

satsmo
21st October, 2008, 06:10 PM
Junior Pearl, as Devilfish said you will need to talk to Satman, he will help you out.

Bobbyp20
21st October, 2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks folks I am on Satkings and Mr Satman is kindly helping

Bobbyp20
21st October, 2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks again Mr Devilfish. Mr Satman got me up and running in no time at all. Looks good but doesn't pick up as many channels as my DBox2. Do you have an opinion on the Itgate in comparison to the Dreambox or Dbox?

plasterer
21st October, 2008, 10:53 PM
Both Itgates are the Bees Knees
Never had any problems with scans
Scans as many as the D Box every time ..................Paul

Bobbyp20
22nd October, 2008, 07:02 PM
Both Itgates are the Bees Knees
Never had any problems with scans
Scans as many as the D Box every time ..................Paul

Thanks Paul I think I might invest in one

bobby

satman
6th November, 2008, 01:45 AM
ahh now i understand where you came from ;)
sorry i must have missed the thread on here,
anyways glad your sorted,
any missing channels will be on 6952 and is the common enigma bug for the ppv sport channel and adult channels, but these can be aquired with modded boquets same as you would do on a dreambox on enigma,

p.s for me the component output and brilliant picture quality beats both dreams 500 and 600, and dbox good old box, but in the past now with itgate the new good kid on the block