PDA

View Full Version : INSTALL USED MERCEDES ECU, IS IT POSSIBLE?

automite
22nd February, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hi guys,

Is there a way to re-use a used Mercedes ECU on another car? I know the ECU is married to the original car, but is there a way to divorce it from the original car then marry it to another car? 2001 C240 (203) is the particular car I am dealing with.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

ATHANASSIOS
22nd February, 2010, 09:47 PM
HI M8 , everything is posible if u know how to do it. U have like 3 choices:
1) unsolder & transfer the mcu from one ecm to another(verry hard & also u have to know which one is it)
2) read the old mcu with a programer, & erase the new mcu, & dump the program to the new mcu
3) try to buy from the donor car the immo unit together with ecm , & also the key that was original to the car.
Hope i help u a little
Thanassis

automite
23rd February, 2010, 05:07 AM
Thanks, I found a solution.

electromech
23rd February, 2010, 07:29 AM
Could possibly share solution with us????

KILL_THE_IMMO
2nd March, 2010, 11:39 AM
thank u my friend

cccosminus
2nd March, 2010, 06:54 PM

:questionmark:

chakahafed
2nd March, 2010, 10:50 PM

pleas share :questionmark:

cipijoint
3rd March, 2010, 04:06 AM
maybe he found the SCN code.
Das have also function in adaptation to copy new ecu into another.

automite
3rd March, 2010, 04:57 PM
Send the used ECU out to be 'unlocked'. I recommend Beckmann Technologies.

Welcome to Beckmann Technologies! (http://www.beckmanntechnologies.com)

Do not use Atlantic Auto Tech,

Welcome to The Atlantic Automotive Industries, LLC (http://www.atlanticautoindustries.com/)

they are a fraudulent company, they will pretend to work on your unit by doing some BS work like putting on some soldering then send it back to you. Obviously it will not work, if you open the unit to inspect whether or not they really did anything they will claim you void the warranty by open the unit. If you don't open the unit then there is no way to know what they did to it, they will claim the problem is in the car and not their work. They are running a perfect scam.