PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes W211 incorrect VIN

kysioo
20th May, 2022, 09:32 PM
Hi,

I'm having trouble with 2004 Mercedes W211 320CDI. The car has wrong VIN stored in ECU and EZS, maybe at some point in its history, somebody
replaced whole set ECM/EZS/ESL ? Normally it wouldn't be a problem having some incorrect numbers in 18yr old benz - there are surely bigger things to worry about. But this car has faulty SBC and it turns out that it matches service recall requirements to get brand new SBC free of charge at local Mercedes dealer. But to be able to get it from MB the VIN gotta be in order and ASSYST has to operational(there is now dtc there smotheing about miscommunication with ezs - propably different vin in cgw). So i have to change it.

I tried to change vin in DAS develeper but he gives error -as expected - FVDI also refuses to change
I use also IPROG clone and UPA(no motorola adapter hovewer)

what would be best course of action here:

read dump form ezs with programmer (i hope iprog wil suffice) and change vin in itm then virginize ecm and esl? or
maybe virginize ezs itself to be able to type corrrect vin in DAS or FVDI?

or maybe there is better idea around?

grtz
Chris

tato10
21st May, 2022, 12:53 AM
Just vinigize ezs, them presonalize whit same dump but write coding whith original car vin, no need to virgin esl, that work can do with avdi original, or vvdi MB.

kysioo
21st May, 2022, 01:28 AM
Just vinigize ezs, them presonalize whit same dump but write coding whith original car vin, no need to virgin esl, that work can do with avdi original, or vvdi MB.

i have neither original avdi nor vvdi, but i'll try to read ezs tommorow with iprog, in dump tool of my clone fvdi there is mileage reset option is the same as virigin?

tato10
21st May, 2022, 02:48 PM
No is the same thing reset millage or reset ezs to virgin state, you donīt have the necesary tools to do this work, the virginization of an ezs requires a server to calculate the service password, fvdi is a cheap copy of avdi and does not have access to a server, it needs original equipment friend, the chinese equipment is not for high quality cars.

And I don't say it disparagingly, I also started with cheap equipment that gave me more headaches and loss of money than profits, the investment in original equipment is the least you can do, it is a result of someone who has been working on this for a long time many many years.

bersch8688
21st May, 2022, 03:57 PM
Upload eeprom maybe anyone can change vin

kysioo
21st May, 2022, 04:46 PM
No is the same thing reset millage or reset ezs to virgin state, you donīt have the necesary tools to do this work, the virginization of an ezs requires a server to calculate the service password, fvdi is a cheap copy of avdi and does not have access to a server, it needs original equipment friend, the chinese equipment is not for high quality cars.<br>
<br>
And I don't say it disparagingly, I also started with cheap equipment that gave me more headaches and loss of money than profits, the investment in original equipment is the least you can do, it is a result of someone who has been working on this for a long time many many years.<br><br>

i couldn't agree more, up to recent times i didn't have much to do with MB , recently i see more of them, i'm thinking of buying maybe vvdi or cgdi in time, this car i have to do with what i have on hand.<br>i'll try to read today it with iprog clone - well se what hapens<br>
<br>

Mackhack
10th December, 2022, 04:01 AM
I can help if you still need help.

kysioo
10th December, 2022, 01:06 PM
I can help if you still need help.

solved, thx for asking:celtictop: