PDA

View Full Version : DM500S from mDVBMonkey

thfccambs
21st October, 2008, 09:42 PM
Spoke to the UK representative for DVBmonkey tonight about my order from them, In the conversation i mentioned that Gemini images brick the clone DM500'S, he told me the clones from DVB can take Gemini images. Something to do with Mac codes.

Now has anyone heard this? Has anyone tried a gemini image on a DM from DVBMonkey?

He's told me it won't be a problem at all.:hmmmm:

Devilfish
21st October, 2008, 09:46 PM
It used to be that all clones had the same MAC address. Every ethernet equiped device has a MAC address. There was a thing in gemini 4.10 (i think) that looked for that same mac address and killed the bootloader rendering the box useless. Gemini denied all involvement blaming Dream Multimedia. If the MAC has been changed then theoretically you will be ok. I will never use a Gemini image just in case, you never know. There are other images out there besides Gemini.

yamar1
21st October, 2008, 10:04 PM
Spoke to the UK representative for DVBmonkey tonight about my order from them, In the conversation i mentioned that Gemini images brick the clone DM500'S, he told me the clones from DVB can take Gemini images. Something to do with Mac codes.

Now has anyone heard this? Has anyone tried a gemini image on a DM from DVBMonkey?

He's told me it won't be a problem at all.:hmmmm:

Is it realy worth the risk, after what Gemini have done to the clones, i wouldnt dream of trying it if i was you mate, just out of intrest how long did yours take, mines been 8 days still no sign:hmmmm2:

NineLives
21st October, 2008, 10:45 PM
DVBMonkey are slow on delivery (7-10 working days) but thats cause they are bombarded with orders..

They are obviously doing something right..

bigboy99
22nd October, 2008, 08:42 AM
i am on day 3 and i was expecting it today but it seams i will have to wait a bit longer

thfccambs
22nd October, 2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

I ordered mine frieday and hadn't heard anything ,then i contacted them.
and a UK Rep called me and told me they are well behind on orders and if i want a refund
he would sort me one, after talking to him he told me he would try and sort me out 2 blackboxes instead on DM500 if i liked no extra cost.

Just waiting to here back from him now, don't think i'll risk the Gemini image though.

fac51
25th October, 2008, 09:38 PM
ive ordered from these guys and delivery was 10 days and the mac on my 500s and 500c from them starts with 00.09.34 like the real macoys but not tryed the bomber image as ive no parts to make a jtag just yet.

mitch1
28th October, 2008, 05:03 PM
Hi!

All gemini images above 4.20 are risky to use on DM clones. Last without "time bomb" is 4.20. There are other images based on gemini but better not use them. Somewhere on net you can find "bomb chceker" to check up image before flashing

gb14929
29th October, 2008, 12:55 AM
FYI, I ordered a 500s from DVBMonkey, and it came in 9 days from China. But I think it well worth the wait :bounce:

buzzbomb
29th October, 2008, 06:17 PM
Hi guys got my 500s from dvb monkey in about 9 days which is what they indicated when I ordered. Was emailed to confirm order and then emailed again when it was despatched from HK post office so was happy to be kept uptodate. Am complete newbie to dreambox though I had heard something about the gemini image on clones. Like others do not hink I will try so could anyone suggest another image to us. FYI the software currently on the box is dig koas v1.0 dated 4.6.08. (is that the image s/w ?)

MR-T
29th October, 2008, 10:03 PM
i also ordered mines from dvb monkey and it took 16 days in total to arrive because of the customs in coventry they had it for 4 days.

bigman2
29th October, 2008, 10:26 PM
Mr-T

Are dvb-money customs friendly ? i.e. they state a value lower than ?18 on the package.

bigboy99
30th October, 2008, 10:39 AM
hi guys i got a email this morning saying its been shipped and they gave me a tracking no but the number does not work

it will get here eventually

thered
30th October, 2008, 10:59 AM
hi guys i got a email this morning saying its been shipped and they gave me a tracking no but the number does not work

it will get here eventually

its normal items can take a couple of days too show with a tracking number

Dazzonamission
2nd November, 2008, 03:58 PM
I ordered a few on the 19th Oct, and i know for a fact they are well up against it, as orders are currently exceeding stock levels.
And i only got a tracking number a few days ago although it's in transit in shenzhen.
We just need to be patient they are doing their very best to ship all orders as quick as possible.
Adrian from DVBMonkey in UK advised they may have to pause taking further orders until the current backlog is shipped out.

thfccambs
2nd November, 2008, 04:23 PM
Gutted, my 2 DM clones seem to have gone missing in post. Just waiting for my refund now.

Antshagger
5th November, 2008, 09:05 PM
Also bought my dreambox 500-S from DVBMonkey.
Paid on October 1st.
2 weeks later Received mail that the box has been sent, and they gave me the tracking number.
That tracking number doesnt work outside HongKong. I only knew that it has 'left HongKong for it's destination'.ie. theNetherlands !
And it arrived about a week later, so it took 3 weeks in total.

Don't know if it's a clone or not. It looks like the original (new style) box, the original remote, the original holograms on the box and the receiver.
It seems to be working , tho as a newbie myself too, I haven't yet hooked up eveything as it should ! My dish isn't on the roof yet, f.e.
Only peculiar thing was that it had not a standard image, but Digital Kaos-image.
And when going to one DK-screen, the DM freezes. Either a bug in DK-image, or ......I have a clone ????

digital concepts
6th November, 2008, 01:33 PM
Order Dm500s from DVDmonkey on the 21st it arrived today, having killed two boxes with gemini in the past wont risk it again, anyone recommend an alternative image

thered
6th November, 2008, 01:43 PM
a lot of people on here use the dk one or nabilo i think they had a poll for the most popular somewhere but i cant seem too find it a lot use pli too

anyways m8 i found the thread

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/dreambox-image-what-do-you-use-8171/

bigboy99
7th November, 2008, 10:47 PM
hi guys i got mine today :)

snake1
7th November, 2008, 11:01 PM
thx guys >>

Dazzonamission
8th November, 2008, 09:49 AM
hi guys i got mine today :)

Mine arrived yesterday too,
Damn... one of em started :smokin: when i plugged it in.
Well i will see what DVBMonkey's Returns Department is like,I have logged a call am now
waiting on the returns department to get back to me now.
Will keep you all posted on events.

melek84
8th November, 2008, 03:33 PM
Any1 who had problems with their DM 500s from DVBMonkey? I cant lock any sat at all? Any1 else who had the same problem? Has any1 send it back, plz share some info, which can help me fix this issue...

sin360
15th November, 2008, 04:29 PM
I have the same problem does anyone have a solution. I just received my box and I'm currently in Iraq working, so it's kind of difficult if I have to send it back.
I have searched and I cant find the problem it came pre flashed with the dk 1.0 image. I've installed darkstar 2, gemini 4.20 samething I even changed the lnb settings and the samething. I'm currently trying the original image with a factory reset to see what happens. I read somewhere about bridging a fuse and transitor for the signal problem anyone else heard of that?
Thanks