PDA

View Full Version : BMW E46 - Programming key remote

Andywill
23rd February, 2010, 10:40 PM
I have a condemned General Electric Module (mounted behing glove box) for an electric window fault, will be fitting new GEM and will need to programme customers olod key remotes in. I have GT1 with Dis 57 and sss 32. Does anyone know the proceedure please?

Thank you.

wiggyshome
23rd February, 2010, 10:43 PM
hi Andywill

i have some coding pdf`s don`t know if they will help

any info helps

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KCNZSCSC)

wiggyshome

Andywill
23rd February, 2010, 11:08 PM
Thank you for the upload. I have looked through the info, but no key remote programming :-(

kautuvera
24th February, 2010, 06:41 AM
You can file another site to upload?

treo
24th February, 2010, 07:42 AM
I have a condemned General Electric Module (mounted behing glove box) for an electric window fault, will be fitting new GEM and will need to programme customers olod key remotes in. I have GT1 with Dis 57 and sss 32. Does anyone know the proceedure please?

Thank you.
HI
This procedure work 100%:
Unlock vehicle
Enter in to vehicle
Put ignition swich in position 2
Remove key
Press and hold unlock buton
Press lock buton 3 times within 10 seconds keeping unlock buton depressed
Release unlock buton
Job done

Andywill
24th February, 2010, 08:57 AM
TREO - Ok will try that and let everyone know update. Thank you.

giedrius
24th February, 2010, 07:23 PM
HI
This procedure work 100%:
Unlock vehicle
Enter in to vehicle
Put ignition swich in position 2
Remove key
Press and hold unlock buton
Press lock buton 3 times within 10 seconds keeping unlock buton depressed
Release unlock buton
Job done
This procedure works only for sinchronisation with known keys, but not for unknown

Andywill
24th February, 2010, 07:38 PM
what is the programming proceedure to code original keys in new GEM? I'm using dis 57 and sss 32. Is it through the sss programme?

dilick
24th February, 2010, 07:45 PM
what is the programming proceedure to code original keys in new GEM? I'm using dis 57 and sss 32. Is it through the sss programme?

if you have only one old known key. You can just copy that
and put it to another unknown key and all. I mean eeprom or what is inside that remote take a look and let me know.

Andywill
24th February, 2010, 08:28 PM
I have 2 customers original keys, bothe of these work with the old (faulty) GEM unit so customer obviously wants these remotes to be programmed into new GEM. Is programming done through DIS/SSS? Or done through a manual proceedure cycling ignition key then pressing the remote buttons?

treo
24th February, 2010, 09:59 PM
This procedure works only for sinchronisation with known keys, but not for unknown
Works in both situation,I tested.

johnjohn27
24th February, 2010, 10:09 PM
hope this helps:wink:

EWS control unit

The following procedure should be adhered to when replacing the EWS 3.3 control unit:

Before replacing the EWS3 control unit: Leave defective control unit installed in vehicle and in the coding program (Encoding ZCS) select point ?1 New coding - 1 Replace control unit - 1 Read out data from defective control unit?. Coding data and vehicle-specific data is read out of the EWS control unit with this part of the program and buffered in the MoDiC or DIS tester.
Now install new EWS 3 control unit.
After replacing the control unit: Encode new EWS 3 control unit with coding program selection point ?1 New coding - 1 Replace control unit - 2 Transfer data to new control unit and encode control unit?. The buffered data is now transferred and EWS - DME/DDE matching is carried out.
Note
The procedure described above must be adhered to as all the data necessary for vehicle identification is also stored in the EWS control unit. It will be necessary to do without the data readout from the old control unit only if the EWS 3 control unit no longer has diagnostic capabilities.
Proceed as follows in this case:

Install new EWS control unit in the vehicle and encode with the encoding program and selection point ?1 New coding - 2 Re-encode control unit?.
Then carry out matching with selection point ?EWS - DME/DDE matching?.
In this procedure, the vehicle data necessary for automatic vehicle identification cannot be written to the EWS control unit.
Replacement of engine control unit (DME/DDE)

After replacing the engine control unit, ?EWS - DME/DDE matching? must be conducted with the coding program or in the diagnosis program.
Important
The ignition must then be switched off for at least 25 s.
Service functions

Disable/enable key

It is possible to disable or enable individual keys electronically via the diagnosis function (service functions).
Important
Electronically disabled means that both the starter as well as the engine control unit are not released (enabled) for the start procedure. It should be borne in mind that an electronically disabled key still fits mechanically, i.e. all flaps, lids and doors can still be opened.
Display of keys used to date in this vehicle

Here, the display shows for each one of the 10 keys which can be managed by the EWS3 control unit whether it has been recognised at least once by the EWS control unit, i.e. it is possible to trace, also on older vehicles, how many keys have already been used in this particular vehicle.

simon77
24th February, 2010, 10:29 PM
from what i under stand u are replace ing the unit behined the glove box .
you can re-learn remote to this unit with out problem . read the post that tells you how as it is correct!
it has got nothing to do with the ews unit which is another control unit above the pedals .
the dis will really help you as it is a manual procedure to program remote if you want the info go in to your TIS and it will explain exactly how to do it .
make sure you recode your new gm to the car so it works correctly

if this has helped please hit the thanks button.
regards

Andywill
24th February, 2010, 10:36 PM
johnjohn - very deatiled info, and useful to lots of peeps, thank you. But it doesnt explain the remote programming inside the General Electric Module, whats the correct programming for the customers own remote keys? Will try the manual (key cycling and pressing the remote) first and will post back if successful. I have the DIS and SSS and just wondering if the remote programming can be done through software too?

TREO - will try and let you know.

Andywill
24th February, 2010, 10:41 PM
SIMON - yes, im replacing the GEM behind the glovebox, not the EWS immob. First GEM ive done. Will very gently walk through the SSS programming, maybe theres a option during module programming to code in new remotes ????

Andywill
25th February, 2010, 07:24 PM
UPDATE - thAnks to all who replied. Programming of new GEM through SSS went OK, including different customer options. But i found no option to code in customer own remotes. So i used the manual proceedure as described above - and IT WORKED. tip: make sure the remote batteries are good and the LED has a healthy bright light.