PDA

View Full Version : BMW F10 Start/Stop problem

lmqcatarino
8th June, 2022, 02:12 AM
BMW 5 series F10 525d N47S1 Automatic

Car Starts ok with start button.
When car stops, motor stop, but don't start again.
Says Function Start unavailable.
Gives 2 DTC:
2A8800 - Engine speed picks up too slowly in an automatic start, or no driver detected during starting operation.
2A8900 - MSA: Starting system not activated or automatic engine starting time unacceptably.

Battery wasn't so good, so already exchange battery (same 105Ah and AGM). Register new battery to the car.

But problem stills.

Every time push start button, car starts fine.
Every time try start/stop function, car just stop, but don't start again and came same DTC above.

I had a problem whit CAS before. Try to program a new remote, but brick CAS P-Flash.
CAS4 5WK50522DBR mask 5M48H
Could recover it, and program new remote.
Trunk button don't work, but i think there is some broken wire, because inside under dash trunk button also don't work. (Or could be CAS problem?).

There is a permanent DTC on CAS (I don't know if this DTC already was on CAS before P-Flash error):

CD9410 and 93070D

Can't find info about this DTC.

What can be the problem for the start/stop function malfunction?
It's possible CAS P-Flash or DTC above it's the problem?

Thanks

fuzz1
8th June, 2022, 03:03 AM
Sorry

lmqcatarino
8th June, 2022, 08:22 AM
Mate, did you wanna say something about this?

hesham10
8th June, 2022, 01:30 PM
easiest way ... disable it ... (standard is start stop on) ... edit that (standard is start stor off)

fuzz1
8th June, 2022, 02:12 PM
I wrote easy way to disable it. Then realized the boot not opening. Thought foot rest module needs to be checked eeprom corrupted with low battery

lmqcatarino
8th June, 2022, 02:34 PM
easiest way ... disable it ... (standard is start stop on) ... edit that (standard is start stor off)

Thanks for the suggestion, but Customer want Start/Stop enable and functional.

Any other suggestion?

fuzz1
8th June, 2022, 03:06 PM
Did you check the frm?

lmqcatarino
8th June, 2022, 05:36 PM
I wrote easy way to disable it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but Customer want Start/Stop enable and functional.

Any other suggestion?

Then realized the boot not opening. Thought foot rest module needs to be checked eeprom corrupted with low battery

But FRM module have nothing to do with Start/Stop Function, right?

Thanks

fuzz1
9th June, 2022, 03:44 AM
Hi
You probably right i would look for the wiring diagram to see how the start stop is connected. If I'm not mistaken the connection is like a mesh